Preview Changes vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate that last week was a disappointing result in the end, but you played well enough to get 35 points up and then fought back to regain the lead early in the last. The AFC is a far better side now - previous years would have been nowhere near it.

Giving up such a run of goals is of course not good enough and arresting momentum swings against is what needs to be fixed, but save for Collingwood, every team this year seems to have lost control of games and conceded runs of goals. The momentum swings nowadays are quite something.

A comfortable win this week, rest and refresh and hit the second half of the season. I do agree though that building capability in the midfield is a need, hopefully in the second half of the year, the likes of Berry and Schoenberg can get some opportunity 👍

I appreciate that last week was a disappointing result in the end, but you played well enough to get 35 points up and then fought back to regain the lead early in the last. The AFC is a far better side now - previous years would have been nowhere near it.

Giving up such a run of goals is of course not good enough and arresting momentum swings against is what needs to be fixed, but save for Collingwood, every team this year seems to have lost control of games and conceded runs of goals. The momentum swings nowadays are quite something.

A comfortable win this week, rest and refresh and hit the second half of the season. I do agree though that building capability in the midfield is a need, hopefully in the second half of the year, the likes of Berry and Schoenberg can get some opportunity 👍
What ever is happening with your crew is tough and there is only one club that deserves that, so can you parcel it up and post it to Alberton

I think the changes this week aren’t so important as a change in mindset. We need to play the full 4 quarters, not 2 and a half to 3 quarters.

Rankine had a full-blown stinker with some horrendous kicks, and I’m expecting him to go ballistic this round (with better accuracy).

without derailing the thread, WCE obviously have been obliterated with injury this year and are every chance to finish bottom. What is the consensus if you have pick 1 - do the eagles take Reid who is projected to be a star of the comp based on his U18 and underage year form? or if say the giants rolled in with say 2 top 5 picks and maybe even something else, do the eagles take that and load up on the top WA talent?

we have as a club targeted SA kids and its starting to look like a smart approach as our young better players will not have the go home risk and Rachele is country vic so hopefully less of a go home than vic metro lads.

Just interested in what the Eagles might be thinking as this year is a write off so to speak..but every cloud has a silver lining and the eagles need to make every post a winner in this off season

Only one forced change. No unforced changes after giving up that huge lead against Gold Coast

Worrell in for Doedee

McHenry will be the sub again
Lost opportunity imo to try some new players against the injury ravaged Weagles.

Selectors shouldn't allow the players to get comfortable after giving up 9 goals in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

without derailing the thread, WCE obviously have been obliterated with injury this year and are every chance to finish bottom. What is the consensus if you have pick 1 - do the eagles take Reid who is projected to be a star of the comp based on his U18 and underage year form? or if say the giants rolled in with say 2 top 5 picks and maybe even something else, do the eagles take that and load up on the top WA talent?

we have as a club targeted SA kids and its starting to look like a smart approach as our young better players will not have the go home risk and Rachele is country vic so hopefully less of a go home than vic metro lads.

Just interested in what the Eagles might be thinking as this year is a write off so to speak..but every cloud has a silver lining and the eagles need to make every post a winner in this off season

To be honest, I don’t know. I don’t know much about the depth of talent in WA at the moment. Last year though, we went local with Ginbey and Hewett (after trading down from Pick 2) and both have shown a bit thus far. The other picks were VIC country. 2021 Chesser was our first pick from VIC (ahead of more local talent).
So it’s been a mixed bag. After some poor years, our drafting appears to have turned a corner, the last two drafts are showing great promise (helps when you have access to lower picks!).

I think we will back ourselves to take Reid if we don’t get an offer that’s too good to refuse.

And I think the AFC has done very well of late at the draft and trade. Aggressively target and secure a strong midfielder who can step in and play straight away, and that will be another big step forward to becoming a finals side.

Time for Cook
brayden-monster-gif.1170360

Lost opportunity imo to try some new players against the injury ravaged Weagles.

Selectors shouldn't allow the players to get comfortable after giving up 9 goals in a row.
Yep.. this was the perfect game to bring in Cook, Nank and maybe even dowling in place of Murphy, sloane (who’s beyond cooked) and sholl..

but the fxxkheads at our club are far too shortsighted for that..

we’ll thrash them and all the cracks that we all kniw exist will be papered over once again..

sloane and murphy will have blinders against a utterly decimated eagles side and everyone will pat themselves and each other on the backs and say “yep.. our selection policies work fine”..

imagine being a young player at this club… must be soul destroying.

Old Nicksy doesn't like making a lot of changes does he. Unchanged (barring injuries) all year it seems. Good form in the SANFL is an inconvenience for Nicks as he then has to make excuses of why they aren't getting picked.

Last edited:
I've always seen the upside in Jones. I think he can still be a good player in a good side (it must never be forgotten that it wasn't his fault he was taken top 10). I just don't see it with Sholl. Not hard enough.
Perhaps there was a reason he was taken at pick 64

His games this year have been a massive improvement on last year. He played the first 10 games and was dropped, for good reason.

He's becoming a whipping boy and I don't think he deserves it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back