Preview Changes vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

I think his intent on those things is a lot better this year, but he doesn't really have the size or strength to be any good at it.
I'm similar. I don't see Sholl shirking contact, letting people run off him etc. But it's such a huge bugbear here I'm wondering if I just have rose coloured glasses?

My recent memory of him is more actions like this:

Went into a contested situation, rode the contact, kicked a goal.

Or backing into defence to take a mark in the Showdown (then cop a BS free kick).

If we're expecting Sholl to do those things to any great extent, that's a failure of the players around him. It would be like expecting Butts to play as a key forward and kick goals. It's not what he does.

Nobody has a side full of Petracca types that can do everything.
As long as what he does in those secondary areas (tackling, evasiveness, toughness, aerial work) is comparable to what the outside players from good teams are doing

I feel he comes up short though

So Darling is playing. As is Luke Shuey. From afl.com.au

IN A WEEK that has seen West Coast's availability drop to a new low, coach Adam Simpson will at least be able to assemble his best midfield group for the first time in almost two years.

The return of captain Luke Shuey for Saturday's clash against Adelaide will see the Norm Smith medallist play alongside all of Elliot Yeo, Tim Kelly and Dom Sheed for the first time since round 22, 2021.
Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

Does this become a danger game for us..

Does Nicksy front the media before the first bounce and say he feels bad for Simpson as a fellow coach..

Like he did last year in our game against GWS, who were down at the time, and had a coach under pressure..

Only to have the GWS lads hand the crows a whipping..

Is it one of those “we surely cant lose this one.. this should be a cakewalk” games that we go into all cocky on only to get pantsed or just scrape over the line..

we’ve got a very rich history of dropping games like this.. games we supposedly never ever had a chance of losing.
I can genuinely see WCE winning

They have a good record at AO.

We might become complacent and wrapped up in Tex's 250.

Definition of a Danger game.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats also a good point.. we have a very poor history of perfoming in milestone games for our players..

We fxxkn lose them way more than we win them..

Not even close, this is a team that is a historical level of $hitness. There is 0% chance of them winning at AO, it is the opposite of a danger game.

Yeah GC got 9 goals in a row, but still think we would have won if it wasn't for the umpires. Maybe nicks and co thought the same.

I think his intent on those things is a lot better this year, but he doesn't really have the size or strength to be any good at it.
I see him try to tackle opposition players and they just brush him aside because he's skinny/light. Other people see that and think he's just not trying.

Surely you are taking the piss. You must have a low opinion of our team if you think we won't win by a minimum of 80 plus. West coast have been the worst team we have seen for 25 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you are taking the piss. You must have a low opinion of our team if you think we won't win by a minimum of 80 plus. West coast have been the worst team we have seen for 25 years.
I think we will win and by plenty,but we could * it up.

A Danger game is one where losing is not even a thought.

But you do.

We do need to win and by plenty. That percentage will be needed at the end. The pack around us is big at the moment. We need any advantage and we lost some losing last week.
I agree.

No complacency.

That is my one concern.

Play the game as if they are a top side, at AO, we should get a big percentage boost.

Go in thinking WCE are s**t, they may sting us. Or we just win.

We do need to win and by plenty. That percentage will be needed at the end. The pack around us is big at the moment. We need any advantage and we lost some losing last week.
Tbh this week isn't going to tell us much. I'm more looking forward to how we respond against Collingwood at the MCG.

We only beat Hawthorn by 3 points and looked garbage in the process

We only beat Hawthorn by 3 points and looked garbage in the process
In Tassie which we never win at. We are a ten goal better side at home. The Collingwood game should have been an easy win if we kick straight and round 2 against Richmond we were completely stuffed from heatstroke the week before. Every other team we have pretty much destroyed at home.

I am sure most supporters of clubs going against the Eagles this year think ‘maybe they will actually play well this week, could be a danger game if we are complacent’… yeah, nah.
Yeah, we're in no danger of losing, even if their team looks decent on paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back