Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How does one join that clique? Are there forms I need to fill-in to join? Can someone from the clique please get in touch with me.

Clique your heels together 3 times and say "there's no place like home"

Last edited:

I keep hearing there's a clique. That is one clique, apparently. How does one join that clique? Are there forms I need to fill-in to join? Can someone from the clique please get in touch with me.

I don't wanna be left out, it's lonely out here!:rolleyes:

I'm gonna start my own clique.

It's very exclusive though.

Just me. That way I don't have to put up with any dissent at all. I'm President, CEO and Grand Poobah all rolled into one , I agree with myself on everything and scorn any contrarian views not aligned to my own.

Ultimate power!!!!.

Clash jumper coming out some time in November. Will have a % of white on it - as the AFL guernsey rule stipulates it.

If that's what you're asking?

Yep - I was hoping your red was the "clash"

Hoping against hope we will use our yellow as the clash!!

Said on the main board - hopefully the red guernsey gets a gig under lights at subi - cracker!!

The top 10 worst VFL/AFL jumpers of all time

At long last, common sense has prevailed up at the Gabba with the Brisbane Lions doing away with their hideous 'Paddle Pop' jumper of the past five seasons. The glorious Fitzroy lion will return to its rightful place on the front of Brisbane jumpers from 2015 – and not before time! But sadly, the 'Paddle Pop' abomination is not a one-off in the world of footy jumpers, as our worst 10 list illustrates.

3. The 'Bad News' Bears were perhaps best personified but the eye-catching/watering away jumper they wore from 1989-1991. There's something about a predominately cerise jumper that doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of opponents.

art-bear-8991.jpg

Personally didn't think the above Bears one was that bad.

Always loved the jumper you've now gone back to (aside from the times it was involved in trouncing the Crows...), excellent move!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep hearing there's a clique. That is one clique, apparently. How does one join that clique? Are there forms I need to fill-in to join? Can someone from the clique please get in touch with me.

I don't wanna be left out, it's lonely out here!:rolleyes:
Do you know a goat?

I agree - they seem to be conflating the nickname (and success of the club) with the jumper.

There is no way the Bears jumper is as bad as nos. 6 to 10 inclusive.

That Adelaide one is an outright abomination whilst the Freo one looks like something that was created in a an under 5's coloring contest.

Essendon's clash isn't white. I'd love to see them adopt the Bears guernsey worn against the Bombers this year.

As I said teams with a sash get an exemption for some reason.

Also the other issue for Essendon:

White with a red sash (South Melbourne jumper0
White/black & Red Shash (Oh when the saints come marching in)

They really have no other choice but to use grey.

Richmond, well how they get away with it is beyond me.

There is no way the Bears jumper is as bad as nos. 6 to 10 inclusive.

That Adelaide one is an outright abomination whilst the Freo one looks like something that was created in a an under 5's coloring contest.

It is clearly better than paddle pop (and daylight between the two)

BB jumper a very underrated jumper, but because its linked to the bad news Bears gets a wrap it doesn't deserve.

Hawthorn's current home and away follows a very similar colour scheme, yet doesn't get mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back