Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about it is that he recognised that something had to change if he was going to make the most of his footy career, and he was prepared to move a long way from home to an environment that he knew was going to be more demanding and disciplined. Shows maturity and determination.

Great read

How good is the last bit...

"One thing I know about Charlie is that when he's played his first five minutes with us, they'll know he's their teammate. They'll love having him as their teammate and they'll know he's there for keeps.
"And he'll pick them up at times and drag them along with him."

The most exciting part of that article is that it intimates that Charlie has been cruising for a large amount of his AFL career. Get him into the right environment and get him focused and he could be absolutely anything.
He averaged 2.6 goals a game for a bottom 4 club this year - given decent supply from an elite midfield in 2016 (and beyond), that should spike markedly.

thats true for pretty much everyone, writing is meant to be more coherent.

i can't say I've heard her make any less sense than other unscripted pundits.
Caro makes more bloody sense than Gary & Hutchy...Lloyd actually is not bad but Caro is light yrs ahead of many male commentators. She has been involved in footy most of her life in fact her father was a past president of Richmond. Make no mistake Caro knows her stuff and she loves the Power

Last edited:
Good article by Caro - covered the good the bad and the ugly. Last Thursday on 5AA she said she would be Adelaide for more than the draft and was sticking around for a few days holiday. I thought she would do a Port story but didnt think of one about Charlie.

I think Charlie need's to find some friends outside the footy club. Living alone could get to him. He also will have to cope with the fan adulation at another level to what he experienced on the GC.

Good article by Caro - covered the good the bad and the ugly. Last Thursday on 5AA she said she would be Adelaide for more than the draft and was sticking around for a few days holiday. I thought she would do a Port story but didnt think of one about Charlie.

I think Charlie need's to find some friends outside the footy club. Living alone could get to him. He also will have to cope with the fan adulation at another level to what he experienced on the GC.

I have a reasonable cellar.

Is it acceptable for a club to actively court an opposition player whilst he's under contract? I thought the AFL tightened the rules after the Boak fiasco when half of Geelong flew to Adelaide with a full orchestra and marching band.

Is it acceptable for a club to actively court an opposition player whilst he's under contract? I thought the AFL tightened the rules after the Boak fiasco when half of Geelong flew to Adelaide with a full orchestra and marching band.
Managers can court all they want, have literally no restrictions for shoping their clients around.

I have a reasonable cellar.
Maybe we need to find him some Foodie friends - he can have a glass or two of red with great local food. He needs a sized good meal given his height and weight. Nothing wrong with having a glass or two of red over a meal but being alone it might be a bit more. Needs to get to know the the wine regions - Barossa, Clare, the Hills and McLaren Vale to help kill time in the off season. Just got to control any drinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was against the rules do you reckon the club would have let Ken and Charlie go public about it??

Maybe we need to find him some Foodie friends - he can have a glass or two of red with great local food. He needs a sized good meal given his height and weight. Nothing wrong with having a glass or two of red over a meal but being alone it might be a bit more. Needs to get to know the the wine regions - Barossa, Clare, the Hills and McLaren Vale to help kill time in the off season. Just got to control any drinking.
Or join that group that Lobbe is in. Is it called The Medium Rares or something similar?

I can only imagine the first game at AO. We need to win and the ground needs to go ape. Both scenarios are possible. Also I have always said that GC needs more senior players to mentor their younglings. Hoarding high draft picks just ensures a revolving door of talented kids asking to be traded. They need to bite the bullet and look for mature age recruits in leagues around the country. They are 3 mature age recruits too short there.

They better also take care of Achee.

Do we not realise that he's come here to get guidance from Ken to stop drinking so much?
Yep, and as was suggested in the article, the best way for him to do that is to have a quiet drink or two with dinner once a week or so with some mates instead of putting a hard ban on it altogether.
I fully understand and support minimising alcohol intake for elite athletes during training times (i.e. any time but their break) but having the odd drink or two has no ill-effects, and is probably a bonus for the social aspect.

Or join that group that Lobbe is in. Is it called The Medium Rares or something similar?

MediumRares620_620X370.jpg

To me it seems Charlie needs what Kenny gives him, which is a strong role model, won't take any s**t and is straight up with him about everything. He will get the same from our leaders in Boak and co. which I feel will do Charlie the world of good in his footy and his life going forward.

Seems to me at the Suns he and many others have been babied through their careers or been given way to much lee way to do what ever they like thus the mess they've found themselves in the last 18 months off field.

We all know Charlie has the tools, talent and size to be one of if not the best kpf in the comp, it's between his ears for me and having coaches, players and a club that won't let him coast on ability will do him wonders. Plus he made the first step which was to get out of his comfort zone and make the move away from the Suns to a place that is the polar opposite of that place.

I'm expecting massive things from him next year and beyond now he's in the right footy environment and not some holiday camp in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back