Cheer Squad is back

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see what possible new chants our cheer squad had for this season. The key to a good cheer squad is if you can engage the rest of the supporters outside the cheer squad.

Will be interesting to see what possible new chants our cheer squad had for this season. The key to a good cheer squad is if you can engage the rest of the supporters outside the cheer squad.
Unfortunately, we need to start with engaging the people within the cheersquad itself before we can engage others around it.
We are behind in terms of chants and interaction imo

Unfortunately, we need to start with engaging the people within the cheersquad itself before we can engage others around it.
Something to club really needs to focus on, like weekly meetings to help boost chants and interactions
Last year when the towel thing came into affect no one joined in since they didn't know what they were doing.

Something to club really needs to focus on, like weekly meetings to help boost chants and interactions
Last year when the towel thing came into affect no one joined in since they didn't know what they were doing.
It is extremely difficult to engage with the other fans because quiet simply they just don't want to chant
We (Meaning Me) put the call out on all our Social Media Platforms for different chants which came back with Garbage for the most part, Then we are ridiculed for not doing anything.

Just know we are trying, We may have a meeting with the club at some stage before the Season to work more on what we are going to do this season

It is extremely difficult to engage with the other fans because quiet simply they just don't want to chant
We (Meaning Me) put the call out on all our Social Media Platforms for different chants which came back with Garbage for the most part, Then we are ridiculed for not doing anything.

Just know we are trying, We may have a meeting with the club at some stage before the Season to work more on what we are going to do this season

Fair enough BRG93. I thought in the first year of the revamped cheer squad you guys did make a lot of noise which was great. I sit near Level 1 Aisle 33 and we generate a lot of noise as well.

Just showing off a bit of my work which I've been doing over the past few weeks! Off season really does get boring!

The flag is 1.5m x 1.5m and on a PVC pole so that it can get a bit of bend in it.

Next step: get the new logo sewn onto it!
Forgot to add the pic! Whoops!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 3
I'm a level 2 man, but I did sit near the cheer squad at one point last year for a 1/4 and I noticed a couple of people there who would go down to the front rows and start the chants and once it got going they would return to their seats. I thought they might have been professionals as they were very organised.

Very concerned if Garlick leaving means a Nepotistic mates club Cheer Squad comes back where the pseudo metaphoric Saudi Royal Family of the select few impedes kids trying to have a go

Last edited:
Just a thought, but would the club consider paying a professional song writer like Mike Brady or Mike McClellan to come up with a catch chorus or ditty, specifically for the supporters/cheer squad to sing/chant. It would no doubt cost something, but if we had our very own "You'll never walk alone" type of chant akin to Liverpool, it could be a winner. And, if catchy enough [ and both these guys are good at catchy ], it might be a worthwhile investment. Could also give us a point of difference from other club's fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a thought, but would the club consider paying a professional song writer like Mike Brady or Mike McClellan to come up with a catch chorus or ditty, specifically for the supporters/cheer squad to sing/chant. It would no doubt cost something, but if we had our very own "You'll never walk alone" type of chant akin to Liverpool, it could be a winner. And, if catchy enough [ and both these guys are good at catchy ], it might be a worthwhile investment. Could also give us a point of difference from other club's fans.
Honestly, I don't think our supporters would get behind it.

And it would be far better if they held a competition rather than get a "professional" song writer to do it.

Very concerned if Garlick leaving means a Nepotistic mates club Cheer Squad comes back where the pseudo metaphoric Saudi Royal Family of the select few impedes kids trying to have a go
That won't happen Mate

Honestly, I don't think our supporters would get behind it.

And it would be far better if they held a competition rather than get a "professional" song writer to do it.

It is just a thought Tim. But, the likelihood of some one off the street producing anything better than songwriters of this level, is pretty much zilch, I would have thought.
As to would it take off ? Truly catchy ditties do catch on fairly easily. And if it were a goer, and the cheer squad gave it a good run, I wouldn't mind betting, the rest of us would latch on pretty quick.

It is just a thought Tim. But, the likelihood of some one off the street producing anything better than songwriters of this level, is pretty much zilch, I would have thought.
As to would it take off ? Truly catchy ditties do catch on fairly easily. And if it were a goer, and the cheer squad gave it a good run, I wouldn't mind betting, the rest of us would latch on pretty quick.
Oh not saying it's a bad idea at all! I'm just talking more about our supporter base, we struggle to get our cheer squad on board with any new chants, so trying to give them a song to sing? I don't think it would go over too well. VitalDread, BRG93 and co. would try their best though.

Oh not saying it's a bad idea at all! I'm just talking more about our supporter base, we struggle to get our cheer squad on board with any new chants, so trying to give them a song to sing? I don't think it would go over too well. VitalDread, BRG93 and co. would try their best though.

Neither here nor there to me personally Tim. As I said, just a thought. If a simple tune is catchy enough though. Haven't we all had one [or more] of those tunes we just can't get out of our head.

And do you really think all we Liverpool fans can hold a tune ?

In my case at least, not since my voice broke anyway.

I remember the bonti chant took a while to get used too
many cheer squad people tried to mute us till we over rule them

Winning usually gets the crowd excited, you can have all the songs and orchestrated gimmicks to motivate the crowd you like but winning/exciting footy is what gets us up and about. The crap Port do pre game will be interesting see when they are sitting in the bottom 4 again one day.

From the little I have seen of our cheer squad/Footscray end in general I reckon they do a pretty good Job, let's see how it goes off when we start to win!

It's as bad as Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi , but you can't stop people from using either of them :p

Miss Australia in the Miss Universe Pageant said it backstage on camera just a while ago. I cringed.

If you guys are serious about having a unique chant that will have the dogs shoulders above the others, joking aside, then we need to have something like liverpools you'll never walk alone. Something real and tangable, where the words actually touch the supporters hearts and the melody is very catchy and beautiful, i know just the song and it ties in with our theme song to a degree.. this is not easy to do, but i have been pondering it for a while, without any idea on how to get it out there. I have written the first verse and chorus to the song, if you guys are interested, let me know, ill try finish it

If you guys are serious about having a unique chant that will have the dogs shoulders above the others, joking aside, then we need to have something like liverpools you'll never walk alone. Something real and tangable, where the words actually touch the supporters hearts and the melody is very catchy and beautiful, i know just the song and it ties in with our theme song to a degree.. this is not easy to do, but i have been pondering it for a while, without any idea on how to get it out there. I have written the first verse and chorus to the song, if you guys are interested, let me know, ill try finish it
I remember late last year PG was talking about copying POrt with the song since Etihad have allowed more Team activities being used during the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back