Cheer Squad is back

Remove this Banner Ad

Also lastly, what's the possibility of purchasing more large flags. Port and Swans style.
A presence needs to be created and we need some larger flags to create that presence behind our goals IMO.
If swans can have that 100ft flag so can we!

If swans can have that 100ft flag so can we!

Something I'd like to see, but it'd be contingent on a certain number of people being in Level 1 across the ground, would be a giant flag that covers a section of the fans, and they hold it up and keep moving it across the stadium. Chelsea do it well, but I suppose the main issue will be passing it over the Cheer Squad (although we could just start it next to them and end it on the other side of them).

flags.jpg

Something I'd like to see, but it'd be contingent on a certain number of people being in Level 1 across the ground, would be a giant flag that covers a section of the fans, and they hold it up and keep moving it across the stadium. Chelsea do it well, but I suppose the main issue will be passing it over the Cheer Squad (although we could just start it next to them and end it on the other side of them).

flags.jpg
Did see that Essendon do that at there home games earlier in the year

The big hooped flag that debuted this year, if you had about 15 of them that size, it would look superb. Add in 3 flags on telescopic poles each in a solid Red, or White or Blue and you'd have much more colour and space filled with little effort.

Bit of a bump. Had an idea last night.

Why don't we try to choreograph chants for when blokes are lining up for goal? For instance;

He kicks to the left!
He kicks to the right!
Travis Cloke!!
His kicking's shite!

Bit of a bump. Had an idea last night.

Why don't we try to choreograph chants for when blokes are lining up for goal? For instance;

He kicks to the left!
He kicks to the right!
Travis Cloke!!
His kicking's shite!
I loved when the Barmy Army were giving Johnson this treatment.

Incorporate some arm waving (everyone waves right or holds up the arrows as we chant 'he kicks to the riiiiight'), and it could be amazing. :thumbsu:

Footscray Road, take me home.
To the place, I belong!
Whitten Oval
To see The Bulldogs,
Footscray Road, Take Me Home.

Sorry if these have been posted by other people before

Go West has to be an idea for a chant

(Go West) the bulldogs are there
(Go West) We’ll be premiers
(Go West) Red, white and blue
(Go West) Bulldogs through and through

Also The Living End - West End Riot

Western Bulldogs (Bulldogs)
Western Bulldogs (Bulldogs)
We'll be here next Saturday
With our hands and our heads held high
So listen up boys
The Doggies will win this time

flags.jpg

flags.jpg
But it's a soccer game mate, so much dead time in that game. In AFL I don't want to be missing the action with a giant sheet over my head. Soccer needs the gimmicks because the game has so many boring aspects. I don't want a footy crowd to become like a soccer or 20/20 crowd, where the main entertainment is the crap that goes on in the crowd.

But it's a soccer game mate, so much dead time in that game. In AFL I don't want to be missing the action with a giant sheet over my head. Soccer needs the gimmicks because the game has so many boring aspects. I don't want a footy crowd to become like a soccer or 20/20 crowd, where the main entertainment is the crap that goes on in the crowd.
We can agree to disagree about the merits of soccer, but this sort of thing happens before a match, not during.

I don't disagree that association football (sokkah, if you will) crowds generally are so active because the game isn't as fast-paced as Australian Football, but it's responsible for plenty of chants and traditions that we could afford to borrow.

Seriously. "Bulldogs *clap clap clap*" and "Doggie doggie doggie, woof woof woof" - it's ******* boring. We can do so much better than that. We've got so much material, too.

"DAHL-HAUS - in the middle of our street"
"Honey Honey, how you thrill me, Ah-Ha! Honey Honey"
"All you need is Rough, Da-Da-Da-Da-Da"

Also, * banners like " *Coach's name* - Our taskmaster".

candymanwb's "Everything's coming up Dahlhaus" is on point. There was also a brilliant one during the VFL finals - "Lin, we love you Jong time!"

I want to see banners like "OUR SID'S NO SLOTH" or "I'VE GOT AN EASTON WOOD". There also needs to be a banner for Liam Picken. Guy is a ******* stalwart of this great club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can agree to disagree about the merits of soccer, but this sort of thing happens before a match, not during.

I guess I just don't see the need myself, but then I love the game as it is. I just don't want us to end up like Port Adelaide with that embarrassing INXS sing song before the game. Seriously if we start going down a similar path it will turn me away from going to games......and I love going to the footy.

I don't disagree that association football (sokkah, if you will) crowds generally are so active because the game isn't as fast-paced as Australian Football, but it's responsible for plenty of chants and traditions that we could afford to borrow.

Seriously. "Bulldogs *clap clap clap*" and "Doggie doggie doggie, woof woof woof" - it's ******* boring. We can do so much better than that. We've got so much material, too.

"DAHL-HAUS - in the middle of our street"
"Honey Honey, how you thrill me, Ah-Ha! Honey Honey"
"All you need is Rough, Da-Da-Da-Da-Da"

Also, **** banners like " *Coach's name* - Our taskmaster".

candymanwb's "Everything's coming up Dahlhaus" is on point. There was also a brilliant one during the VFL finals - "Lin, we love you Jong time!"

I want to see banners like "OUR SID'S NO SLOTH" or "I'VE GOT AN EASTON WOOD". There also needs to be a banner for Liam Picken. Guy is a ******* stalwart of this great club.

C'mon Nathan, you are better than that...DAHL-HAUS - at the base of Boydy's Feet....much better

I guess I just don't see the need myself, but then I love the game as it is. I just don't want us to end up like Port Adelaide with that embarrassing INXS sing song before the game. Seriously if we start going down a similar path it will turn me away from going to games......and I love going to the footy.
I'm also not in favour of any organised activity. You'd never get a worthwhile number wanting to participate. Many might find it an annoying intrusion. The AFL LOVES Port's pre-game carry-on and would like all clubs to do similar things to "enhance the experience" :confused:, as if the game isn't enough. That to me is a good enough reason not to do it.

Would love to see some creative, clever banners for a change though. If Our Taskmaster appears again I just might spew up. o_O

Ports sing along is tacky and cringeworthy. But we can't talk, we had Doggie Dougie doggie woof woof woof, a chant that my mates still give me s**t about.
I think the best thing is funny banners and if you can get the cheer squad to start little dittys and chants at the right time then it's all fun.

Ports sing along is tacky and cringeworthy. But we can't talk, we had Doggie doggie doggie woof woof woof, a chant that my mates still give me s**t about.
I think the best thing is funny banners and if you can get the cheer squad to start little dittys and chants at the right time then it's all fun.
It's as bad as Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi , but you can't stop people from using either of them :p

Problem with the cheer squad is that theres just more individuals instead of group of mates wanting to do stuff.
Like when BRG, Nathan, Easty and Myself are in the cheer squad, we banter yell and start the bonti chant
Stuff like that.
Also another problem is that (i know it's gonna sound bad) but theres too many old people in the cheer squad that won't cheer, banter or join chants.

Problem with the cheer squad is that theres just more individuals instead of group of mates wanting to do stuff.
Like when BRG, Nathan, Easty and Myself are in the cheer squad, we banter yell and start the bonti chant
Stuff like that.
Also another problem is that (i know it's gonna sound bad) but theres too many old people in the cheer squad that won't cheer, banter or join chants.
Any chance of maybe getting the Cheer Squad to go out for a drink somewhere? Or just hang out together, get you guys closer as a unit and willing to do more chants together.

Any chance of maybe getting the Cheer Squad to go out for a drink somewhere? Or just hang out together, get you guys closer as a unit and willing to do more chants together.
They host a dinner at the end of each year but not many people go due to limited tickets and since the first two rows are the long standing members they tend to control how everything goes which makes it harder for new stuff to happen.

Like at first when we did the bonti chant, a few people tried to silence us with the woof woof chant

Forming an elite squad of cheerers eh timtamWB.
One of the reasons why i catch up with some posters on here
One day they might join the cheer squad then BF outnumbers the others and we can do anything we want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back