Universal Love Chris Judd *11/8 Update - Set to play on in 2015*

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone else said, the fact that Judd had made up his mind to retire....had even told family and friends of his decision....and then to full turn and play on sez heaps about the bloke & hints to what he sees within the club right now.....and what may be in the works for next year. :thumbsu:

Very interesting interview, Got the impression Waite will be gone, and the competiveness lacking within group throughout most of Judds time was an interesting topic.
Sounds like those home truths we heard about earlier in season have sunk in and the players have fallen into line behind MM.

Loved the Robbo swipe...... expert commentator lol

Judd on 3aw just before ended his interview saying next year will be very exciting. He knows something.

Interesting to hear Judd say the competitiveness hasn't always been there from the playing group.
Interesting and somewhat disappointing but I know exactly what he's saying as we've had players not really playing for the team at times.
That alone can be very deflating for those that do everything possible to keep their end of the bargain up.

Makes me think that Judd knows exactly what is going to happen at seasons end...........and that won't be a bad thing.

We all knew it, and my god it was frustrating, but it is refreshing to hear it actually publicly stated ... Or maybe it's only refreshing because he was able to back it up by comparing it to the difference in the current 22.

In a closely related topic, surely words like this put an end to the MM argument? ... Honestly, this is all I wanted from MM. Bring that attitude, competitiveness and will to win back. Change/develop the culture. Provide the foundations -- people talking about premierships and win/loss from where we were, were kidding themselves and focussing on the wrong goals. What we needed and what seems to be developing is a strong base, a minimum standard of application and attitude .. From there you can flourish and start worrying about win/loss and premierships.

MM and Macca - two of the ultimate professionals leading the team. So impressed with what we're developing there as well. I was sceptical of LoGiudice at the beginning, and it's still early doors, but he is certainly impressing me so far. Seems realistic and professional.

If it's enough to make Juddy change his mind, they're doing something right.

Just saw the interview on On The Couch. Juddy looked dead set buoyant.

One of my favourites. Good to see him so up and about. I really hope he stays injury free next year and reminds the footy world (not that he needs to) just how good he is.

The great man will be on 'The Recruit' tomorrow night on Fox 8.

Judd chats to AFL hopefuls

When his football future was still uncertain, Chris Judd took time out to speak to the potential stars of tomorrow, to give them an insight into just what it takes to make it in the AFL.

Judd addressed candidates from Foxtel's The Recruit ahead of Carlton’s Round 6 clash with West Coast.
The dual Brownlow medalist told AFL hopefuls that he believes the key to success isn’t so much talent – but old fashioned hard work.

“One of the things I’ve really learned at the end of my footy career is just how unimpressive talent is and just how little it has to do with where people end up in their footy careers,” Judd said.
“You realise what is really impressive are blokes who are obsessively driven to achieve what they want to achieve.
“There’s just such a strong correlation with that, and even groups of people who share that, and what they end up doing with their footy.”

Interesting to hear Judd say the competitiveness hasn't always been there from the playing group.
Interesting and somewhat disappointing but I know exactly what he's saying as we've had players not really playing for the team at times.
That alone can be very deflating for those that do everything possible to keep their end of the bargain up.

Makes me think that Judd knows exactly what is going to happen at seasons end...........and that won't be a bad thing.
I think it also says something about the guys who can't get a game. Jeff Garlett is talented, but the application and commitment clearly aren't there and so he might not be either. Robbie Warnock appears to be another of late. A lot of people pot Brock McLean here on the other hand, and he may have a screw loose, but no-one can ever question how hard he tries.

MM certainly has no time for those who aren't prepared to put in the hard yards (like Juddy :thumbsu:).

Am immensely happy that he's decided to play on. I think the injuries this year may have been a blessing in disguise in that it allowed him serious time to consider his options but also work on his general conditioning. Post-injury he has looked as strong on his feet as 2011 Juddy. His short burst speed is still there and his core strength is still so good that it's still difficult to move him off the line or tackle him and actually effect his disposal.

He'll probably be taking another slight pay cut which tells you everything about the bloke, he wants success at this stage more than a retirement fund. That tells you he's coming into next year with a hunger and desire to get a miraculous flag.

I also don't think he'll ever finish his career up forward, he'll be in the congestion till the last whistle, you can't keep him away from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a God damn warrior he is on field and what a privilege it's been to watch him in navy blue.

I was there for the first game and have witnessed many of his blinders and can't wait to see a few more next year.

He still contributing and I think enjoying the role he has.

When he Murph and Gibbs are in this form it gives oppositions midfield coach and almighty dilemma!!

Freak. Gun. Machine. JUDD

Just watched the on the couch interview, very interesting Juddy said 4 weeks ago he was going to retire... I have a sneaky suspicion he knows something we don't about the up coming trade period... And something has gotten him excited about the possibility of us challenging for the flag next year.
I wish one of them would have asked what the circumstances were that made him change his mind.

It really does sound like that. Next year could be a great year for our footy club.
I'm thinking so. Earlier in the year, especially after the loss to Melbourne (look at my posts after that game!) I was the most pessimistic Carlton supporter ever. I honestly believed we were another 10 years away from our next flag.

But after our form in the last six rounds (1 poor quarter and 2 other not so good quarters in 24 quarters of footy), the form of Judd, Daisy and Waite, the prospect of a much better draw and Kreuzer returning, I'm starting to think that we may be in a real position to challenger much sooner and top 4 next year may not be out of the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back