Game Day Chris Scott Appreciation Week (Eagles v Cats Gameday Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll either lose closely or win big 8+ goals.

Out of the last four games against Geelong, we've beaten them twice. I'm confident, it's at home. Who has Geelong beaten? No one.

Also, Domain is a way better name than Patterson's. It's our Domainnnnnnn.

I may be going old and senile, but I didn't see a game day thread for today, so decided to whip one up.

I am not an articulate writer so if someone wants to do a preview to the standard of the doc, feel free, but it won't be me.

I think Yeo missing will hurt and this is the first half decent side the eagles have met in a few weeks so I am expecting the eagles to lose a close one. I'd love us to beat the cats and prove that we are somewhere approaching decent, but I watched swans in a deplorable game yesterday struggle to beat a very ordinary Perth in a very unconvincing manner, so I am not in a positive frame of mind. Actually, the best thing is McGinnity is still not named in the team, so I guess I am a little happy....

Good luck today and I'll be back after some junior footy. :)

So which is it? Lose a close one or Loose a close win? :p
Oh dear lord, one thing I normally pride myself on is spelling and grammar... :$ I'll take answer a thanks Eddie.

Don't listen to them Farang83150. He's certainly not quick and is very 1 paced, but I'd like even money on him beating Priddis. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the winner will be the one who kicks the winning score.

:footy::rainbow::footy:
So who do you think that is Biggie? Although, whilst Swans won yesterday I thought they were the losers. ;)

Yeah I'm not feeling it today, Geelong are quality even though they have dropped a bit they still are a top 8 team.

With Yeo and our depleted backline and Darling, Rosa, Ellis all out. It's just too much to cover against good teams.
Hope we do well but think we have to be at our absolute best or we are going to lose today, good sides make you pay.

In saying that the bookies odds are completely off in my opinion, Geelong are at $3 which in a complete 50/50 game is interesting, because of that I might put a little on Geelong so I've got the win/win situation going today.

Yeah I'm not feeling it today, Geelong are quality even though they have dropped a bit they still are a top 8 team.

With Yeo and our depleted backline and Darling, Rosa, Ellis all out. It's just too much to cover against good teams.
Hope we do well but think we have to be at our absolute best or we are going to lose today, good sides make you pay.

In saying that the bookies odds are completely off in my opinion, Geelong are at $3 which in a complete 50/50 game is interesting, because of that I might put a little on Geelong so I've got the win/win situation going today.

Piss Poor.

Why is everyone so 50/50 on our chances?
We're missing key players and so are they.

We have Simpson and we're playing a team game. Geelong aren't the team they once were.

This game was talked about in pre season as the one where Cockatoo carves us up and we all cry.
I think Duggan will be close to best on ground, get the rising star and win even more hearts.
Played a great game last week, might even get time on Selwood after dealing with Montagna.

Very nervous now.
Yep. Really want a win.

Geelong are one of a big group of sides including us that are going to be fighting it our for spots 4th-13th. A win puts us firmly at the head of that group and gives a little more credibility in terms of our ability to beat sides around our level to remove that flat track bully tag which is as annoying as its is accurate.

Hawkins and Clark up front for them worry me and they have Taylor and Lonergan to keep JK quiet. Yeo out is a massive blow as it means they can focus more on Shuey and we lose that X-factor forward that Yeo has been giving us

Not confident about this game at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back