Christine Milne should have been Drug and Alcohol tested ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they agreed on *A* cause.

incorrect.

Curious that the image you showed didn't indicate that information and

not curious at all. i wasn't stating that there were 11,000 papers published on that exact topic. climate science is fairly wide-ranging. but since you asked so nicely:

Many studies simply defer to the expert summary of climate science research put together by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which states that most of the global warming since the mid-20th century has been caused by humans. According to recent research, that statement is actually too conservative.

Of the papers that specifically examine the human and natural causes of global warming, virtually all conclude that humans are the dominant cause over the past 50 to 100 years.

http://skepticalscience.com/97-percent-consensus-cook-et-al-2013.html

instead attempted to 'prove' a consensus by providing misleading information.

it wasn't remotely misleading. it showed exactly what i wanted it to show.

If the more correct information was so clear and available, you'd think you'd show that instead.

it's not "more correct", it's simply a subset of that research. if you want exact numbers then you can read the paper and it's conclusions yourself.

Sorry if questioning your misleading information is such a burden for you.

not a burden, i was simply pointing out that you're either lazy or an ideologue by still not having found answers to your questions.

What I find interesting about the models is that one of the arguments for them missing the pause is that the warming has been taking place in the oceans.

Given that water covers ~70% of the planet, how come they weren't in the models in the first place? Or if they were, why isn't getting it this wrong cause for them to be thrown out/completely reworked?

But the religion keeps telling us the science is settled, and changing things would show that to be wrong.

this model did fine:

MRIscenario1.png

No I stated that we are lucky that we may be able to find the cause of the speculated effects. It is a bit like back box theory at the moment, we know historically that times of low solar activity causes cooling, (see Maunder minimum , Dalton minimum little ice age) we just don't know the exact cause.

That it is happening now when we have modern technology to measure the effects is fortunate.

So any modeling done will be most likely be very wrong, as has been shown by the current climate models.

Again, you can only focus your theoretical on what is happening now, and a hope and a dream on what may have been influential in the past.

You cannot claim that at as empirical proof of what may happen in the future as being conclusively incorrect.

Trying to quantify what may happen in the future, based upon historical evidence, without the undoubted influence of man-made current events is simply intellectual suicide.

Given that the 2013 Labor budget papers predicted a 6.25% unemployment rate and the current rate is almost 6% Abbott must be doing somethine right.
I would be careful spruiking that as a win for Abbott as it will bite you in the arse before you know it. Current unemployment is 6.0%, up from 5.8% in May and up from 5.6% in October when Abbott took over. With the automotive industry to shutdown in just on 12 months it is not a good picture when the overall trend in a steady increase in unemployment.

I have flagged this to return to by the end of the year to see where figures are at by then.

I would be careful spruiking that as a win for Abbott as it will bite you in the arse before you know it. Current unemployment is 6.0%, up from 5.8% in May and up from 5.6% in October when Abbott took over. With the automotive industry to shutdown in just on 12 months it is not a good picture when the overall trend in a steady increase in unemployment.

I have flagged this to return to by the end of the year to see where figures are at by then.

So come December , you want me to fall flat on my keyboard?

this model did fine:

MRIscenario1.png

So you are wanting to mortgage our future on a model that is predicting a big jump in the next couple of years.

Trying to quantify what may happen in the future, based upon historical evidence, without the undoubted influence of man-made current events is simply intellectual suicide.
And overplaying man-made influence is also political suicide.

So come December , you want me to fall flat on my keyboard?
NO, just acknowledge that the Abbott pledge to create 1 million dollars was like everything else he said whilst in opposition, a grab for a news headline on something that he can't deliver.

NO, just acknowledge that the Abbott pledge to create 1 million dollars was like everything else he said whilst in opposition, a grab for a news headline on something that he can't deliver.
He will be lucky if he can create enough jobs to cover the losses in Victoria and SA.

So you are wanting to mortgage our future on a model that is predicting a big jump in the next couple of years.

i actually don't really give a s**t about global warming; i'll be dead before we see the worst of it, plus im a rich westerner and have options most of the world do not. i only really care about the topic with respect to the partisan anti-science brigade and their denial of reality.

but to answer your question- IF australia wants to reduce carbon emissions, and IF it wants to transform the economy to be less dependant upon fossil fuels, and IF it wishes to encourage investment/research/innovation in alternative energy solutions, then YES a price on carbon is mandatory.

Followed by NSW and QLD;)

By the way, how long do you think Milne will last as leader of the Greens?

She currently 61. Due for re-election in 2016. I'd be surprised if she ran again in 2016. Once she realizes Abbott will go full term then I believe she will step down for (Bandt or Ludham) in twelve months time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She currently 61. Due for re-election in 2016. I'd be surprised if she ran again in 2016. Once she realizes Abbott will go full term then I believe she will step down for (Bandt or Ludham) in twelve months time.
Not Di Natale? I agree with you and I think that they appeal more to the younger generation - my guess would be Ludlum.

Not Di Natale? I agree with you and I think that they appeal more to the younger generation - my guess would be Ludlum.
Di Natale has no public profile.

Bandt the type of guy, if you met him on the beach you would kick sand in his face, and you would wonder why you would do that to a stranger.
Ludlum has his infamous Abbott rant from the floor of the senate.
SHY has only two brain cells and they refuse to communication to one another.
Rhiannon is a watermelon. believes in a ideology that has been proven time and time again it doesn't work.

this model did fine:

MRIscenario1.png

And naturally you 'forgot' to include any details of the model...

Like how it was done after the pause was already going for a decade or so before this was published? (earliest reference I can find using the 'model' info at the bottom is 2009..There may be earlier, but I only have so much time to refute this crap).

Easy to 'predict the pause' after the event, isn't it.

Bandt the type of guy, if you met him on the beach you would kick sand in his face, and you would wonder why you would do that to a stranger.
Rhiannon is a watermelon. believes in a ideology that has been proven time and time again it doesn't work.

Which means Ludlum is the heir apparent. Meaningless rants appeal to the party base and they don't care what those outside their religion think.

And naturally you 'forgot' to include any details of the model...

Like how it was done after the pause was already going for a decade or so before this was published? (earliest reference I can find using the 'model' info at the bottom is 2009..There may be earlier, but I only have so much time to refute this crap).

Easy to 'predict the pause' after the event, isn't it.

nope, didn't forget anything. didn't see the point of providing a link that you wouldn't bother to read or understand. but here you go; cue denial and wilful misunderstanding.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2013/12/the-global-temperature-jigsaw/

My vote is for SHY. If she becomes leader there won't be a greens party in 10 years.

Lol at the Greens online tantrum....

Dear Grandchildren, I’m sorry that the world in which you live is 0.0004 degrees warmer than it otherwise would have been. However, I hope you enjoyed the additional $10000 that I have left in your will, derived from my power bill savings over the last 20 years.

And overplaying man-made influence is also political suicide.

If only this debate could climb above the sheer idiocy of politics.

Who should be D&A tested?

AWgnUoL.jpg

Nice to see senators wearing their corporate sponsor logos to work, just like footy players.

Australians for Coal.. God help us.

Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve

Unfrickenbelievable.

Downright disgusting and our parliament should be above shitty stunts like this.

i actually don't really give a s**t about global warming; i'll be dead before we see the worst of it, plus im a rich westerner and have options most of the world do not. i only really care about the topic with respect to the partisan anti-science brigade and their denial of reality.

but to answer your question- IF australia wants to reduce carbon emissions, and IF it wants to transform the economy to be less dependant upon fossil fuels, and IF it wishes to encourage investment/research/innovation in alternative energy solutions, then YES a price on carbon is mandatory.

Exceptionally sensible post.

The repealed legislation was undoubtedly a clusterf*** in its drafting and implementation, however Abbot himself was extremely cagey when questioned if a price on carbon was a necessity in the future.

There will no doubt be one when Abbot feels that he can get away without too much political damage. If he gets through the next election that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back