List Mgmt. Clark meets with Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-25/clark-meets-with-the-cats

GEELONG is the latest club to express its interest in Mitch Clark as the former Melbourne spearhead nears a decision on his football future.

AFL.com.au understands Clark met with the Cats on Wednesday for preliminary discussions about his planned comeback to AFL football.

The Cats have joined a growing number of clubs that have made contact with the 200cm forward, who turns 27 next month.

I actually kind of feel like Geelong could be a good environment for him. Solid club, good leadership, away from the city.

Apart from Dangerfield he is actually one pickup that could change our flag hopes next year if he was fit and firing alongside Hawk. Is there risk? Yes, especially with his injury history which is not what we want but the upside could be big IMO. Puts Walker and/or Kersten back in the line though. I'm imagining that Vardy plays ruck if fit then, or they rotate.

Makes me think they are not confident on Frawley and we are scrambling around to find someone else.
This is what I'm thinking. In fact, I suspect this may mean that Frawley has made his decision and it's not Geelong.

Last edited:
Frawley boosts our defence.
Clark boosts forward line & becomes 2nd key forward we desperately need.
Dangerfield boosts midfield & becomes Selwood's inside mid partner we desperately need to form a 'danger'ous trio with Selwood, Danger & Caddy in centre bounces.

I like.

Sadly won't happen.

Frawley boosts our defence.
Clark boosts forward line & becomes 2nd key forward we desperately need.
Dangerfield boosts midfield & becomes Selwood's inside mid partner we desperately need to form a 'danger'ous trio with Selwood, Danger & Caddy in centre bounces.

I like.

Sadly won't happen.
Yeah....but...we've still got Jansen ;)

I actually kind of feel like Geelong could be a good environment for him. Solid club, good leadership, away from the city.

Apart from Dangerfield he is actually one pickup that could change our flag hopes next year if he was fit and firing alongside Hawk. Is there risk? Yes, especially with his injury history which is not what we want but the upside could be big IMO. Puts Walker and/or Kersten back in the line though. I'm imagining that Vardy plays ruck if fit then, or they rotate.

We're going to have a big side no matter what.

Hawkins, Vardy, McIntosh and Blicavs are all going to play every week. Lonergan, Rivers and Taylor are all going to play every week. So tweaking it to make room for these hypothetical additions is going to be pretty interesting to say the least.

We're going to have a big side no matter what.

Hawkins, Vardy, McIntosh and Blicavs are all going to play every week. Lonergan, Rivers and Taylor are all going to play every week. So tweaking it to make room for these hypothetical additions is going to be pretty interesting to say the least.
You forgot Frawley, Lowden and Lucey. We're going to bring a new basketball style to the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds to me Frawley isn't coming and it's going to be between fremantle and hawthorn, hope not.

Clark is a very good player, but his injury concerns and the fact he has some personal issues tells me it would be a risky move.

Not digging this…
Just too many questions when the money and spot cold be better used I feel.

He could play for sure. Bu that was then. This is now… and there is a LOT of water under that bridge.

Just not for us…

Go Catters

Fits the bill doesn't he...tall, injury prone, played about 2 games in 3 years...this won't backfire...

If we do this, it better be for a token pick and low pay.

Surely not.

Wouldn't that be a laugh, low pay, meaning really low compo pick to melb.

Highly risky move, his injury problems with that foot have been severe. I will need to be convinced of the wisdom of this move.
If the club think he is the answer to the ruck problem he is not....
Time to renovate the medical room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back