Clarkson vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, that last line of Rampe Grundy Smith has been the envy of many for a number of years now. They are a seriously good unit we are damn proud of.
I dont mind if Clarkson wants to challenge a top 2 defensive unit, but his timing needs to be be better than doing it straight after a loss where those guys got on top.
Our own forward line was "dysfunctional" last Friday night as well. That wasnt by accident either.

Defenders arnt in the business of allowing opposition to do what they like. If Clarkson wants one rule for Hawthorn and another for others he's going to be labelled a hypocritical whinger. Bit of a shame coz he;s a good coach.

Perhaps its a sign he;s thinking of hanging up the whiteboard soon.

As Longmire mentioned, the proper time for this is at the review the end of the season. Are people so keen on rule changes that we want to change them after Round 8 now? Even an interpretation change is going to be pretty significant.

Sadly, I have no confidence in the integrity of the AFL at this point. It's a very bad look for Gill to take this meeting, and he should have declined it. If umpiring was not on the agenda, then he should have issued a statement clarifying that. I fully expect the number of blocking frees to jump a lot next week, particularly against the Swans. (Will be interesting to see if Hawthorn get treated leniently).

Never mind, it will all blow over in a week or two and we'll be back to complaining about HTB.

There are so many other threads where congestion and the state of the game/umpiring are being discussed.

One point you and others are meeting is, how do you know what was discussed?
Who called the meeting?
Was it already scheduled?
Nope, let's take the word of ambulance chasers like McClure and shoot off at the hip like you had Colonel Hogan's tea pot recording it all.

Where as Scott sooking about the MRP, you hear that for yourself in sound bites.
Longmire following the GF lose, you have direct quotes from On The Couch.
Were you as outraged? Was BigFooty?
No, because we had no sexy articles to go with it.

Privately going through proper channels to discuss a record breaking umpiring performance that the AFL admitted was below par is a bit different to blowing up publicly and having a private meeting with the CEO about a tactic your own team employs.
It was private until he decided to go public with the fact he'd had a whinge.

Clarkson may look a little like a sore loser based on the fact he spoke to Gil after a loss, but that had nothing on Longmire still complaining about umpiring 4 months after a game.

But you're from Sth Australia, therefore you're a campaigner and your opinion is irrelevant.
Well by all means, keep crying like the idiot you are. At least it's funny watching sore losers like yourself still angry over spilled milk.

Go public? How exactly?
Clarkson may look a little like a sore loser based on the fact he spoke to Gil after a loss, but that had nothing on Longmire still complaining about umpiring 4 months after a game.
What were Longmire's complaints four months after the grand final?

He had a legitimate gripe though. If there was ever a time to sook about umpiring that is the rolled gold, text book definition of when to have a sook about it. For which all other dummy spits about the umpiring should be measured against. Four months after it though is a bit of a stretch

Privately going through proper channels to discuss a record breaking umpiring performance that the AFL admitted was below par is a bit different to blowing up publicly and having a private meeting with the CEO about a tactic your own team employs.

Oh ffs. Can people relax with all this hyperbole?

I posted the link to Horses comments from 2016 to try and illustrate that this isn't anything new. Coaches use all sorts of channels to get any leg up they can at every chance they get. Scott using 360 is another example. Sheedy was a master at it.

Why do you get to decide which method is "the proper channel"?

Last edited:
Go public? How exactly?

What were Longmire's complaints four months after the grand final?
He went public by commenting about it on SEN in February following the grand final.

At least Clarkson presented a specific point rather than just a general whinge like Longmire seemed to do.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at a bullflog supporters suggesting someone get over the umpiring and focus on their own side The #freekickbulldogs and#freekickhawks memes didn't just appear ut of nowhere, neutral supporters agree that 2016 was the worst officiating in a granny in living memory

LOL at you proving my point for me, idiot.

Sydney supporters: 2016 was a joke!!! But but but the umpiring!!!! Longmire should call for a royal commission!!!! Wahhhh!!! Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sydney supporters: Alistair Clarkson should focus on coaching and not be bagging the umpires!!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!!!

Sydney supporters: Such and such a north player kicked a goal that was clearly touched by McVeigh!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!

Can only roll my eyes and sneer at idiots like you, but unfortunately that’s just the way you Sydney fans roll isn’t it - like sooks, like hypocrites, like tools. :)

LOL at you proving my point for me, idiot.

Sydney supporters: 2016 was a joke!!! But but but the umpiring!!!! Longmire should call for a royal commission!!!! Wahhhh!!! Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sydney supporters: Alistair Clarkson should focus on coaching and not be bagging the umpires!!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!!!

Sydney supporters: Such and such a north player kicked a goal that was clearly touched by McVeigh!!! Wahhh!!! Wahhh!!!

Can only roll my eyes and sneer at idiots like you, but unfortunately that’s just the way you Sydney fans roll isn’t it - like sooks, like hypocrites, like tools. :)
Covered yourself in glory with that quality post. Good work, champ. LOL

Lots of naive people around

Old school diversionary tactic taking attention away from the fact we never manned up on a guy who had kicked 4 in the 1st quarter and 7 for the match

And plenty of pot, kettle, black in this discussion

The Hawks are hardly a bastion of purity. Every team exploits the rules when they can, Hawthorn is the best at it. It’s kind of odd that Clarkson is against this issue of all issues
It’s called bluster. The favourite tactic of tedious people who know they haven’t got a leg to stand on, but would never admit it.

Curiously, this sort of pathological competitiveness is seen by some people as a virtue.

Clarko is as big a sook as Scott, but at least he'll give some credit to his opposition from time to time.

Listen to Scott and you'd swear Geelong has never ever been beaten on its merits.

In a press conference after playing against Sydney. Would have been weird for him to all of a sudden start talking about Jeremy Howe and Lynden Dunn.
Now there’s a disingenuous reply.

He basically called the Swans defenders cheats.

And his “rationale” was that because they were undersized, they must have cheated, because how else did prevail over their opponents if they are undersized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back