Classic Cars

Remove this Banner Ad

The first car I ever became obsessed with was an SLR Torana. The proportions, the wheel arch rivets, the two tone colour schemes, the black interiors. Awesome. My dad's was a bronze one. Hard to look past.

My first car was a Gemini. Not the same by any stretch, but in my teenage head, it was close enough.

And that decal you could read from the moon.

SLR 5000!

Get a load of this classic piece of Australian Muscle!! This is what pure power is. 69 Corvette, RT Charger Big Block NOS Injected, HQ Monaro and the SLR 5000 are my all time favourite muscle cars

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 69

The first car I ever became obsessed with was an SLR Torana. The proportions, the wheel arch rivets, the two tone colour schemes, the black interiors. Awesome. My dad's was a bronze one. Hard to look past.

My first car was a Gemini. Not the same by any stretch, but in my teenage head, it was close enough.
My 2 first cars were a Datsun Stanza then my first love was my custom gemini panel wagon was a metallic midnight blue with gold and silver speckle flakes in the paint. Had a locked diff, Aussie 4 speed manual, springs were cut right down, exhaust was cut so it sounded like a Harley Davidson haha. But always wanted an original SLR 5000 black and white or lime green and black. If i was going all out i would get one in pure chrome with gold SLR 5000 on the back scoop and side body kit i would have the body kit as flared out as possible. White interior with gold pinstriping 😍

We had a green and black SLR 5000... the only Holden that I have ever liked!

They have a couple of classics i do like the HQ, CV8, VZ R8, VL SLR Toranasaurus Rex 😉

Strongly considered doing my HQ in a colour scheme similar to what yours appears to be, but it has strong sentimental attachment being my great grandfathers car, so I'll keep it the original colour when it's time to respray. A teal coloured CV8 is definitely on the list, very high on the list, of what to get next.

The old VL was Holdens best model.

Possibly unpopular opinion but I prefer the VK from that era of Commodore. The dash was an example of peak 80s.

The outside of those cars look mean and muscley as *, but there just isn't enough going on inside them to excite me. The XU-1 Torana interior however...

My 2 first cars were a Datsun Stanza then my first love was my custom gemini panel wagon was a metallic midnight blue with gold and silver speckle flakes in the paint. Had a locked diff, Aussie 4 speed manual, springs were cut right down, exhaust was cut so it sounded like a Harley Davidson haha. But always wanted an original SLR 5000 black and white or lime green and black. If i was going all out i would get one in pure chrome with gold SLR 5000 on the back scoop and side body kit i would have the body kit as flared out as possible. White interior with gold pinstriping 😍
A Datsun car show was at the Bay last weekend? Maybe the one before. Some great Datsun 1600’s on show.

any advice for first manual? not sure whether to spend 4-8k on something a bit older with a few more k's to learn in and not care about as much, or get slightly newer hatch or something for 10-11k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any advice for first manual? not sure whether to spend 4-8k on something a bit older with a few more k's to learn in and not care about as much, or get slightly newer hatch or something for 10-11k.
Simple and easy advice. Something like a $1,000 on a manual 4cyl excel or something shitty you will be burning clutches and down gearing the tread off the tyres plus the dings and scratches learn then spend a couple of grand on something decent

HQ looked ok but that 202 engine was pants.
I liked the old XU1 sort of a poor mans SLR.
The 3L Nissan engine in the VL was pretty reliable and light years better than the 3.3 engine in the VK.
We can all agree that the VT was the worst Holden produced vehicle ever

VN runs a close second or as I used to call it The Bogan mobile.
I had a VN, after a while the boot seals wear and you end up with faulty electrics in the back end, rust and most times directly after a rainy day a pool in the boot hahaha the best and the worst of Holdens

If you had the chance to buy the car for a nice Sunday drive in our beautiful state that we live in with some heritage, would you focus on buying an original or one that has been pimped?

I have a chance to bring back from NSW a car built at Tonsley Park that is as original as it gets.

An AP5 1965..... A year that we beat Sturt by 3 points in front of 62K!!

If anyone here knows of someone wanting to sell their Valiant (AP6, VC of VF), I am looking to buy......

If you had the chance to buy the car for a nice Sunday drive in our beautiful state that we live in with some heritage, would you focus on buying an original or one that has been pimped?

I have a chance to bring back from NSW a car built at Tonsley Park that is as original as it gets.

An AP5 1965..... A year that we beat Sturt by 3 points in front of 62K!!

If anyone here knows of someone wanting to sell their Valiant (AP6, VC of VF), I am looking to buy......

I actually do know a bloke in the valiant game looking to sell last I spoke to him but I don't see him often. Not sure what model.

6858981996_78d7c1c105_b.jpg

Some dramatic licence taken ;)

imagehandler.ashx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back