Cloke to Carlton - welcome mat is out.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sick of hearing about this cloke saga. Him and his old man can both f#*k off if they think they can hold Coll to ransom. A raft of stars have already signed at pie land for a s**t load less than they'd get elsewhere . Cloke can do the same or piss off. Simple . Very important to coll's structure yes, but he's hardly a buddy franklin or jack riewoldt on pure talent

If the drums are beating correctly , the pies already have the feelers out for a younger kpf from another club, so they are obviously planning the distinct possibility that cloke is on the move

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure these are the views of our coach as well. I'm more concerned about nailing Ben Reid than that halfwit

Collingwood should let Carlton have him.... then..... get Fev down to the Westpac centre pay him 200k for 2 years get him to kick 65 goals win the flag and then we can all sit back and enjoy!

I'd much rather get Travis Boak with the compensation of losing Travis Cloke & making Swan a permanent forward. He would kick more goals than Cloke, no midfield could go with that.

Gerald Healy is reporting that David Cloke wants a job in their football dept. if he is to go to Carlton. What a farce.

David Cloke does a great job managing the Celtic Club.

It's either sack Ratten and pay out his contract, or get Cloke.

This is still a rumor and nothing else, but even if Cloke did go to Cartlon, he isn't going to save them.

Still have problems all over the field, no depth, and a s**t coach.

Cloke only has his regular good games cos Collingwood is actually a good team. Would struggle in Carlton's list - no one to make him look good.

Your rumours are baseless and contrived within the confines of your small mind.
4 sentences and you can't hit the nail on the head with even one of them.

Every team would like Cloke but most won't like the terms and the baggage.
Carlton have been through a Cloke already and I doubt we'd want to come back for seconds.

"Welcome mat is out"? I think not. Cloke would destroy your club as he appears to be making a fair fist of with ours.

He'll stay at Collingwood.
It'll be 4 years for a metric tanker-ton of money.
Players of the ilk of Sharrod "How's your jaw" Wellingham or Jarryd Blair will suddenly find their "opportunities limited" and look to be traded next year.

You just cannot keep everyone at a successful club. You either retire players off, give up one big star (e.g. Ablett at Geelong), or trade out two to three mid-tier players at the height of their currency when every other club thinks they're worth more than they really are due to their success in a great team. The club can choose but the end result it inevitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd much rather get Travis Boak with the compensation of losing Travis Cloke & making Swan a permanent forward. He would kick more goals than Cloke, no midfield could go with that.
No midfield could go with the current Collingwood midfield, plus Boak, but minus Swan (who would be playing forward, under your suggestion)? Are you suggesting that Boak is significantly better than Swan in the midfield?

Veterans are now a flat $100k off cap per, so in this case,Scotland and Simpson only count $100k each.
Not according to a recent article by Jake Naill, who said that the AFL had informed the clubs that they could choose to use either old method (two, who are 30 plus, for 50%) or the new method (around $110K for those who have been at the club for 10 years).

Yup, Grant Thomas said exactly that on FC last night. His popularity is on the back of one good season.
Grant Thomas also said last week that he thought Dayne Beams shouldn't be on any more than about $250 to $275K on his new contract (even on the open market), so I think it's fair to say Thommo is a bit out of touch in this regard at the moment.

1 club thinks he's worth ~700k.

Several clubs say he's worth >$1M.

Market value != 'whatever Collingwood offers'

Market value is whatever final figure he signs for. If he signs at Pies for $750k then thats it, if he goes to Demons for a Million, then he has established that as his market value.

Of course like real estate, art, race horses, the established market value can drop dramatically if conditions change.

wasn't there words on the street that mick's going to carlton next year and he like cloke? would be fun if eventuates.

He'll stay at Collingwood.
It'll be 4 years for a metric tanker-ton of money.
Players of the ilk of Sharrod "How's your jaw" Wellingham or Jarryd Blair will suddenly find their "opportunities limited" and look to be traded next year.

You just cannot keep everyone at a successful club. You either retire players off, give up one big star (e.g. Ablett at Geelong), or trade out two to three mid-tier players at the height of their currency when every other club thinks they're worth more than they really are due to their success in a great team. The club can choose but the end result it inevitable.

He re-signed with collingwood already fool...keep up.

It has already been done. 5 200 gamers exited at the end of 2010 and another two more at the end of 2011. All the players will stay unless they ask too much like Davis or some huge trade offers materialise which in a FA environment are less likely than ever.

Cloke will sign soon and the rest will follow shortly.

wasn't there words on the street that mick's going to carlton next year and he like cloke? would be fun if eventuates.
I'm more worried about daisy if that happens.malthouse has openly had a go a out David cloke in the media.wont happen anyway but definitely won't happen If micks there

Collingwood should let Carlton have him.... then..... get Fev down to the Westpac centre pay him 200k for 2 years get him to kick 65 goals win the flag and then we can all sit back and enjoy!

loool that is excacty what one of my magpies mate said. He actually added you can have him for free but give us fevola i was like Yeah Ok ... wait ... i don't trust you ... am i missing something here.lol Still i don't know if Fevola at any club would make the chemistry inside the club right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back