Has collingwood been worked out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Negative differential all year.

Including not paying an obvious free kick late in the prelim.

Agenda.

You don’t have to like it.

But it is what it is.
Explains why the Giants received two 50m penalties to the top of the goal square during the game. The umpires must hate them!
They sell far more licensed premiership merch to Pies fans than they would Giants fans.

The agenda is real.

Not my fault you can’t see it.
You heard it here, folks! The AFL makes more money from premiership stubby holders than long-term success in the northern states.

Explains why the Giants received two 50m penalties to the top of the goal square during the game. The umpires must hate them!

You heard it here, folks! The AFL makes more money from premiership stubby holders than long-term success in the northern states.
They make them for about $2 and sell them for $15.

The margin is unbelievable!

There are a lot of us Collingwood supporters who do like our stubby holders …

… let’s assume your numbers, and for the purposes of the discussion there is zero overhead, and 1 million Collingwood supporters buy a new stubby holder every year …

… that’s $13 million profit. Which is bugger all compared with the ~$650 million the broadcasters pay every year for TV rights.

Negative differential all year.

Including not paying an obvious free kick late in the prelim.

Agenda.

You don’t have to like it.

But it is what it is.

The “agenda conspiracy against my team” are always kind of lame. But the mental gymnastics with this one is fantastic.

To come up with a scenario where the AFL would literally invent a brand new club out of thin air, then give them any number of concessions and draft picks, only to try and get them to fail by letting them lose the free kick count by -1 in a game is beyond me.

The “agenda conspiracy against my team” are always kind of lame. But the mental gymnastics with this one is fantastic.

To come up with a scenario where the AFL would literally invent a brand new club out of thin air, then give them any number of concessions and draft picks, only to try and get them to fail by letting them lose the free kick count by -1 in a game is beyond me.
Let’s see what happens at the end of the year. In the finals.

A-la 2016 Prelim & 2023 Prelim

Let's face it, drinkers tend toward the sub 100 part of the scale.

The intent to press and push forward and be daring through the corridor is there, but the fundamental connection and execution is lacking. Also Moore needs to stop being lazy and unaccountable and actually go back to defending - he is really letting them down defensively.

Dramatically over reactions in here whilst the usual Collingwood trolls having a laugh and making silly comments.

Giants and Swans are in almost everyone’s top 4 predictions and the Saints aren’t pushovers. Some people are acting like the Pies are zip and 3 after playing North, Hawthorn and WCE.

Definitely are alarm bells, as the usual manic and intensity is missing. As BT said, they’re playing like their bellies are full.

The challenge isn’t that they’ve been ‘found out’ or that they’re older, it’s that they aren’t playing like a side that wants to prove a point, or challenge for a premiership. The only change needs to come from the coaching panel, and like last year, instil that killer instinct back into the playing group.

In patches, Collingwood’s best was still good enough in all 3 games, but they didn’t do it for long enough to translate it to scoreboard pressure.

I don’t reckon personnel is the issue, though McStay up forward would make a huge difference, they’ve got the list to qualify, and the then it’s a different ball game in September.

I’m not confident against the Lions on Easter Thursday, but these are the games clubs seem to pull out of their arse and win, ruining everyone’s tips.

de Goey is a worry. Really looks like he's content and satisfied a footballer. Has all the traits to take another step up and become a top 10 player but a but like Jake Stringer, may never reach his full potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back