Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on.

Essendon have 1 bad year with Hird as coach in terms of wins and losses and we are looking to replace him ?

Knights win percentage was 37.3% after 3 seasons
Hirds win percentage in his 4th year 50.6%

maybe at least start this topic once his win % drops below 50% ?

Last edited:

Hold on.

Essendon have 1 bad year with Hird as coach in terms of wins and losses and we are looking to replace him ?

Knights rebuit a list
Hird had the one to challenge with

%'s reflect that.

Hold on.

That's a ridiculous comparison. Everyone acknowledged the shocking list Knights came in with. Sheeds left us in a complete mess. Knights, for all his failings, rebuilt the list to a relatively decent level. Hird continued that, topped up with senior players, and was having a crack at top 4/a flag. To compare their winning %'s head to head is ludicrous.

Hold on.

So a complete implosion in 2012 is not a bad year? We were in Fremantle's position by round 10 and completely missed the finals, losing our last 7 games with some huge margins. Don't give me the injury excuse, since it was related to the 2012 preseason. This can be attributed to his lack of experience.
Even that, he was surrounded by a million dollar coaching panel that included a two time premiership coach of arguably the most dominant team in recent history.

Without Bomber, this is the result. Players going backwards, no gameplan (do we have one?), terrible match-day coaching and bewildering changes from week to week.

Knights was rebuilding the list. As soon as the team went down in 2010, he was culled. Hird is doing worse tbh when you factor in the supplement saga. plus, he has no experience and took the short-cut to senior coach. Someone with his experience will not be able to get a gig as a senior coach due to recent changes.

Hird can still be our coach. I would prefer if we had a fresh face but I can still realistically see it happening next year.

But we do need to sell a rebuild. Not as drastic as WBD or saints, but we defiantly need alot of list changes.

I think you definitely need to get rid of a lot of your older brigade. You say as drastic as the WBD or Saints but both are arguably ahead of you with their lists now. Bulldogs are the third youngest list in the league and are a likely finalist. You do have some good youngsters but until your coaches prioritise them over Chapman, Gwilt and co, nothing much will change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so about 45% say Hird's contract should be terminated early (now). Another demolition and I think it will tip over 50%.
It's now about 43% with a decent handful of opposition posters.

Sliding doors. Had Dank and the Weapon never been employed, we probably play finals every year that Hird coached. Also probably made a prelim. Hird move would have been a good one. Anyway, if Hird is not the coach who is in 2016? Adelaide and Carlton looking for a coach, so how long do they wait to end his tenure if it's over at the end of this season? I feel for James. AFL really screwed him over.

Sliding doors. Had Dank and the Weapon never been employed, we probably play finals every year that Hird coached. Also probably made a prelim. Hird move would have been a good one. Anyway, if Hird is not the coach who is in 2016? Adelaide and Carlton looking for a coach, so how long do they wait to end his tenure if it's over at the end of this season? I feel for James. AFL really screwed him over.
yeah - that is not how sliding doorsTM actually works.

IF Dank and the Weapon never been employed, THEN James Hid should be sacked and resign at the same time consecutively and also concurrently

It's also been Caro's shtick for a very long time to twist and extrapolate every little angle about Essendon to its full extent.

I have no idea whether Hird has the players or not, but a Caro article sure as hell isn't proof he doesn't.

Absolute trash.
Despite countless word from players that there were other reasons Ryder left we are going off what that person writes?

This person who has maintained that if Hird had of been sacked originally than ASADA and WADA would have just moved on.

Excuse me if I dont take that as a ringing endorsement of why Hird should no longer coach us.
Let alone her attack on Little who was thrown into the horrendous mess his predecessor left and did the best he could.
She is as pathetic in her attacks on this club as she always been and is pretty bloody poor of to nit pick this article when there is countless other mentionings of Ryder over the months that dispute it.

Criticise Hird for his coaching or the performances that we are producing but using one of those articles for your argument is just silly.

Absolute trash.
Despite countless word from players that there were other reasons Ryder left we are going off what that person writes?

This person who has maintained that if Hird had of been sacked originally than ASADA and WADA would have just moved on.

Excuse me if I dont take that as a ringing endorsement of why Hird should no longer coach us.
Let alone her attack on Little who was thrown into the horrendous mess his predecessor left and did the best he could.
Oh please. Little's blundered his way around and cocked up everything he's got his hands on.

i'm looking at you.

Caro-261x300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back