Cochrane in doubt

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll pretend that this would be a huge blow and I'd be dissapointed but even with our injuries losing Cochrane would not be a blow at all.

Bring in Poults!!!!!!!!!

Well it rules out Choco putting him on Riccuito and Roo consquently having a 40 possession game at least. Most expendable of our losses if it happens. If so then :

Outs - Surjan, Cochrane
Ins - Wilson, Symes

One kid and experienced player for one kid and experienced player. I've liked what little I've seen of Symes, has the right attitude for a showdown type game.

Andre said:
Well it rules out Choco putting him on Riccuito and Roo consquently having a 40 possession game at least. Most expendable of our losses if it happens. If so then :

Outs - Surjan, Cochrane
Ins - Wilson, Symes

One kid and experienced player for one kid and experienced player. I've liked what little I've seen of Symes, has the right attitude for a showdown type game.

Im a big wrap for Symes as well but do you think were throwing him in the deep end? Although he had a good game last week and he would play well I think if given the chance. Maybe let him find some more consistent form at Central first.

Sheeds said:
I'll pretend that this would be a huge blow and I'd be dissapointed but even with our injuries losing Cochrane would not be a blow at all.

Bring in Poults!!!!!!!!!

I think you are right. Poults would be a great addition for the side this week

Pssh.

Better to give him an AFL game while he's in Centrals seniors, if he turns out ******** at least he's still automatically in Central's seniors when he drops back.

Sheeds said:

Bring in Poults!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, bring in Poults!

Wilson for Surjan, Symes for Cochrane.

Poulton can wait, he's a back up that should only be used if the youngsters we want to give experience too are in the team.

sog35 said:
Wilson for Surjan, Symes for Cochrane.

Poulton can wait, he's a back up that should only be used if the youngsters we want to give experience too are in the team.

I don't agree with that at all.
He deserves a spot in the team. I don't think he is a back up. :mad:

How do you guys rate Cochrane? Has he been an asset since the Stevens swap with North?

To be honest I was too unhappy to see Cochrane go from North. He'd spent years on the list not being able to get a crack in, and when he did, he was a decent tagger but no where near as good as Rawlings has evolved into.

Mick Stevens is slowly coming good, his running and long kicking have bcome as asset to the team. PLayed very well against teh Swans last week.

Are you guys still happy with this trade. At the time many Port fans were happy to see the back of what was deemed to be a waste of pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shagga#6 said:
How do you guys rate Cochrane? Has he been an asset since the Stevens swap with North?

To be honest I was too unhappy to see Cochrane go from North. He'd spent years on the list not being able to get a crack in, and when he did, he was a decent tagger but no where near as good as Rawlings has evolved into.

Mick Stevens is slowly coming good, his running and long kicking have bcome as asset to the team. PLayed very well against teh Swans last week.

Are you guys still happy with this trade. At the time many Port fans were happy to see the back of what was deemed to be a waste of pick 5.
The trade had nothing to do wth pick 5. We traded pick 7 to St Kilda for Barry Brooks, which became pick 6 which we took Salopek with. I think.

Was Cochrane for Stevens a straight swap. Seems fairly fair

PowerKop said:
The trade had nothing to do wth pick 5. We traded pick 7 to St Kilda for Barry Brooks, which became pick 6 which we took Salopek with. I think.

stevens was pick 5 when we drafted him Kop

PAFC2004 said:
I don't agree with that at all.
He deserves a spot in the team. I don't think he is a back up. :mad:
If he wasn't a back up he'd be a first 22 player which he is patently not. If he wasn't a back up and was a vital part of our club then he would have been played in practice matches to get his settled in the side. He is the very definition of back up.

PowerKop said:

We drafted Stevens with the #5 pick in the 1998 draft. Then we took Josh Carr with #7.

Cochrane was a straight swap for Stevens a few years down the track. He was going nowhere with us, although he did make the Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year on a wing one year.

I don't have any problem with him being offloaded despite his unique blend of speed and endurance. He would still be playing with Centrals if he was at Port.

Shagga#6 said:

Hypothetical: Cochrane is injured. Michael Stevens to come into the side.

I am not excited by this hypothetical. I still reckon it was a bit of a nothing trade.

Porthos said:
Hypothetical: Cochrane is injured. Michael Stevens to come into the side.

I am not excited by this hypothetical. I still reckon it was a bit of a nothing trade.

Like Downsborough/Chalmers or Rombotis/Naish?

Fiar enough, just interested as M. Stevens is starting to really cememt his spot and have more influence. Will be interesting to see if he can do it consistantly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back