List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's something to monitor. Seldom would someone like Tom Rockliff just spontaneously say that Grundy is to move.
Time will tell, but we need to make a big move during the trade period to improve our list and contend next year. I’m not sure who gets pushed out. I’m so so on Grundy after his past couple of years..Hopefully he comes back soon and dominates for the remainder of the season, if he struggles then maybe the time has come to explore the trade option.

It's quite baffling that people think a bad list management decision by a previous regime will not change when a new regime comes in, Grundy is as good as gone

Gone where?....
Firstly you think another club will take on his contract, plus you really think the club is going to be paying part of Grundy’s contract for 5 years, whilst he is playing for another club? The Treloar deal was done through necessity, whilst trading Grundy isn't a necessity.....

It's quite baffling that people think a bad list management decision by a previous regime will not change when a new regime comes in, Grundy is as good as gone

Serious question, do you have any information outside of the rumour from Rockliff?

I don’t think it’s unfathomable he could be moved on, but I do think his contract makes it very hard for a deal to be struck without the Pies getting reamed.

I remember the time on draft day when I was hoping to pick up Wright but admit didn’t know a lot about JDG back then , the usual antagonists made the typical comments a few mths/years later reckon I’m vindicate some what non, changed a tad?

Big guys just take that longer, that’s all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember the time on draft day when I was hoping to pick up Wright but admit didn’t know a lot about JDG back then , the usual antagonists made the typical comments a few mths/years later reckon I’m vindicate some what non, changed a tad?

Big guys just take that longer, that’s all.

You’re not vindicated at all given you said JDG wouldn’t make it.
And where were your howls of protest that we made the wrong call,when Wright was in the wilderness at GCS.

I think this boast needs to be viewed in the context of your error ridden track record of shooting from the hip.

Last edited:
Does Ned Guy deserve an apology for the 2020 Trade/Draft period?

Traded:
Treloar
- was great last year, but his hammys have gone again and is very unreliable from an availabilty front, availability is the best ability
Stephenson - if we didnt already know, yesterday showed us why
Atu - ditto above
Philips - currently playing in the Hawthorn 2's

Delisted:
Scharenberg, Broomhead, Appleby, Wills
- all understandable

Acquired:
Henry
- Pick 17 obtained from the Treloar trade, tick
McCrae - 'our' first pick, looking likely
McInnes - academey pick, jurys out
Poulter - 2nd rounder, ahead of McInnes, but jury still out (may request a trade back to SA)
McMahon - looking unlikely
McCreery - tick
Ginnivan - Rookie Draft, tick
Chugg - Rookie Draft, jurys out

The biggest issue we have with that period, is that we are still 'paying' for Treloar, otherwise I think it was an extremly successful period in hindsight. That being said, despite a portion of our cap going dorectly to the Dogs, we haven't seemed to 'miss' any targets, or not be able to resign players who we want.

Serious question, do you have any information outside of the rumour from Rockliff?

I don’t think it’s unfathomable he could be moved on, but I do think his contract makes it very hard for a deal to be struck without the Pies getting reamed.
No inside knowledge mate. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm not fussed if he stays or goes but his contact, especially the length, is something the club would be concerned about

Traded:
Treloar
- was great last year, but his hammys have gone again and is very unreliable from an availabilty front, availability is the best ability
Atu - ditto above

Delisted:
- all understandable

Acquired:
Henry
Poulter - 2nd rounder, ahead of McInnes, but jury still out (may request a trade back to SA)
McCreery - tick

The biggest issue we have with that period, is that we are still 'paying' for Treloar, otherwise I think it was an extremly successful period in hindsight. That being said, despite a portion of our cap going dorectly to the Dogs, we haven't seemed to 'miss' any targets, or not be able to resign players who we want.
The Treloar deal was absolute poo and we shouldn’t have traded our future first rounder which ended up being pick two for some second rounders but the rest is ok.

The Treloar deal was absolute poo and we shouldn’t have traded our future first rounder which ended up being pick two for some second rounders but the rest is ok.
Take the emotion out of the Treloar deal and I don’t think it’s that bad, in fact, we probably wouldn’t have got Henry.

It’s evident with how many of these kids are playing in the team today, that we were in dire need of youth at the club - and if it meant that we had to trade our most injury prone (but we’ll loved) senior player, I think it’s been the right call.

Trading our first pick was always going to be risky, but the alternative wasn’t going to be much better. If we had have kept what turned into pick 2, it would have been absorbed by Daicos. If we had have traded it after we knew it was pick 2, would have we got much better of a deal? We’ll never know the answer to that, but we likely miss on Mccreery and Ginnivan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the emotion out of the Treloar deal and I don’t think it’s that bad, in fact, we probably wouldn’t have got Henry.

It’s evident with how many of these kids are playing in the team today, that we were in dire need of youth at the club - and if it meant that we had to trade our most injury prone (but we’ll loved) senior player, I think it’s been the right call.

Trading our first pick was always going to be risky, but the alternative wasn’t going to be much better. If we had have kept what turned into pick 2, it would have been absorbed by Daicos. If we had have traded it after we knew it was pick 2, would have we got much better of a deal? We’ll never know the answer to that, but we likely miss on Mccreery and Ginnivan
It’s got nothing to with emotion mate it was just a s**t deal. Would take Treloar over Henry any day of the week and even then it’s was our second round picks from the Stephenson deal that got us Henry not Treloar who only really gave us a future second rounder in return.

Trading Treloar out didn’t really net us any youth and I’d argue our most injury prone mid De Goey is still here.

The alternative is much much better. If we had pick 2 that’s major currency and we could have got allot than we did from.

It’s got nothing to with emotion mate it was just a s**t deal. Would take Treloar over Henry any day of the week and even then it’s was our second round picks from the Stephenson deal that got us Henry not Treloar who only really gave us a future second rounder in return.

Trading Treloar out didn’t really net us any youth and I’d argue our most injury prone mid De Goey is still here.

The alternative is much much better. If we had pick 2 that’s major currency and we could have got allot than we did from.
Treloar has got, at best 4 years left of footy - Henry should have 10-12. I would say Henry has had a bette year than Treloar in 2022.

You don’t know that pick 2 would have got us any more than what we did in 2021. Ginnivan and Mccreery wouldn’t be here, and they’re walk up starts. We would have likely walked away with Mciness and Mccrae and not much else.

I think for the long term, we’ve done very very well

Traded:
Treloar
Atu - ditto above

Delisted:
- all understandable

Acquired:
Henry
McCreery - tick

Does he deserve an apology?

Answering a question with a question here, would you be comfortable if the club handled a similar situation in the same manner again?

Treloar has got, at best 4 years left of footy - Henry should have 10-12. I would say Henry has had a bette year than Treloar in 2022.

You don’t know that pick 2 would have got us any more than what we did in 2021. Ginnivan and Mccreery wouldn’t be here, and they’re walk up starts. We would have likely walked away with Mciness and Mccrae and not much else.

I think for the long term, we’ve done very very well
Henry is a 6 possession a game forward atm, Treloar is definitely having a better year. Henry had more years but we could easily find a similar player with similar amount of years left. We’ve already got Reef who can fill that role for a similar amount of years.

Fairly sure that pick two for us Poulter and McMahon not McCreery and Ginnivan, Ginnivan was from the rookie draft and had nothing to do with that pick.

Long term we’re alright but we could be had we used our currency more wisely.

Traded:
Treloar
Atu - ditto above

Delisted:
- all understandable

Acquired:
Henry
McCreery - tick

Nice analysis.
What's the knock on McMahon? I don't watch the VFL at all, but I do remember when we picked him we were all excited. I don't mind Poulter as well, 193cm, any chance we could turn him into a KPP? Either Forward or back.

You’re not vindicated at all given you said JDG wouldn’t make it.
And where were your howls of protest that we made the wrong call,when Wright was in the wilderness at GCS.

I think this boast needs to be viewed in the context of your error ridden track record of shooting from the hip.

Um what?

Does he deserve an apology?

Answering a question with a question here, would you be comfortable if the club handled a similar situation in the same manner again?
I always was happy tbh, I thought they were the right moves to be made for the club at the time

Nice analysis.
What's the knock on McMahon? I don't watch the VFL at all, but I do remember when we picked him we were all excited. I don't mind Poulter as well, 193cm, any chance we could turn him into a KPP? Either Forward or back.
McMahons biggest knock is that he can’t crack the senior side. I’m not much of a VFL watcher, but other than injuries, his name isn’t often brought up. Very happy to be wrong - but time is ticking

I always was happy tbh, I thought they were the right moves to be made for the club at the time

McMahons biggest knock is that he can’t crack the senior side. I’m not much of a VFL watcher, but other than injuries, his name isn’t often brought up. Very happy to be wrong - but time is ticking

Still needs time that’s probably why

Um what?

This is what you said after the draft - “I wasn't a big De Goey fan but starting to think we got a Gem, really happy with Maynard & Goodyear, good size mids with pace and style...overall really happy.”

I wasnt talking about the specific players more so the ‘way’ in which it was handled.

Mismanagement of a salary cap, Beams deal, public nature of it, the way Treloar was dealt with etc etc.

No, Guy nor the club deserve an apology.

Yes, the selections and players we ended up with vs output of those that left could end up being a win (at the moment I would say it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back