List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There playing finals we aren't. And that's what he would be looking at. At this stage they are a bit in front of us. I have no doubt we will close the gap but right now they are ahead of us
I remember Taylor Adams saying how impressed he was with the our presentation to him. So hopefully Treloar is as equally impressed, its not all about ladder position this year

Don't forget Geelong paid a fortune for Brad Ottens. No Ottens, that dynasty doesn't even get off the ground.

Hawthorn also paid big money for Burgoyne, and Jolly did not come cheap.
I think you're overrating Ottens influence...he was a 'finishing touch'at best, not the enginer that made it all work. Also Idon't belive they paid overs for him, he wanted out and Richmond were happy to trade him out.

We also didn't pay overs for Jolly. We might have paid well, but not overs.

I think you're overrating Ottens influence...he was a 'finishing touch'at best, not the enginer that made it all work. Also Idon't belive they paid overs for him, he wanted out and Richmond were happy to trade him out.

Ottens was a Huge Reason Cats where good. Gave them 1st Use to his Midfielders and could go Forward and Kick a Goal or 2

I remember Taylor Adams saying how impressed he was with the our presentation to him. So hopefully Treloar is as equally impressed, its not all about ladder position this year
We do present well i guess.
The managers also need to be influenced so thats why its important we continue good relationships with the various managers.

Ottens was a Huge Reason Cats where good. Gave them 1st Use to his Midfielders and could go Forward and Kick a Goal or 2
Ottens for them, Geelong, very important player. He suited them immeasurably- and they him. Nice kick too for goal im memory serves.

It's been one of the great pleasures of the year.
Perish the thought, but just imagine if he'd had another 'year from hell' injury-wise.
Hes a beauty. Our swan, just chugging along, but boy can ge run, deseptive. Sometimrsi just watch him run during a game. Chug chug chug.

I used sometimes to warch robert harvey run for say a quater, what a tank he had, never stopped

My two cents on that is that Richmond are 100% in the sweet spot for premiership success right now and Treloar may tip then over the edge, but the question for me is whether they're in a better position (list wise) over the next 6-8 years? When you're leaving GWS I'd be looking at a club with long term success ahead of them.

For all the question marks I have over Buckley the one thing I can't really doubt is that we're positioned well on that front if we make all the right noises off field.
This. Richmonds peak will be shortlived. Ours is 1 or 2 seasons further away but will be longer lasting. Treloar would fit in nicely with our youngsters, can't say the same for Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When September came around and Geelong started wobbling it was Ottens that saw them through. Remember the 07 Prelim?

Thinking about the original post, what about the following names: Barry Hall, Gavin Wanganeen, Darren Jarman and Greg Williams?

When September came around and Geelong started wobbling it was Ottens that saw them through. Remember the 07 Prelim?

Thinking about the original post, what about the following names: Barry Hall, Gavin Wanganeen, Darren Jarman and Greg Williams?
No, reminding us about prelim 2007. Who knows, if we snuck that one, how vunreable port would have been. Unknown.
But ottens he did very well for the cats infinals

I hope your right. But I think he would see them playing finals this year and close to a top 4 spot. We most likely next year will be trying to get in the 8 but couldn't guarantee a finals birth. Richmond you would think will be close to top 4 again.
Richmond could quite easily finish as low as 7th if they lose next week. It wouldn't surprise me if they get bundled out of the finals in week 1. Again...

I don't know what it is about Richmond, they just don't convince me that they're legit. Will remain that way until they win some finals.

This. Richmonds peak will be shortlived. Ours is 1 or 2 seasons further away but will be longer lasting. Treloar would fit in nicely with our youngsters, can't say the same for Richmond.

That's a big call with the best players on their list, bar Deledio, all in the 23-27 age bracket in Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Reiwaldt and Edwards. I just have my doubts on the next rung of their list in much the same way I have my doubts over the top rung of our list.

I don't have the answer for 6-8 years ahead and that may well be what AT is weighing up, but I'm comfortable with us being in the frame!

That's a big call with the best players on their list, bar Deledio, all in the 23-27 age bracket in Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Reiwaldt and Edwards. I just have my doubts on the next rung of their list in much the same way I have my doubts over the top rung of our list.

I don't have the answer for 6-8 years ahead and that may well be what AT is weighing up, but I'm comfortable with us being in the frame!

Who are these Top Rung players you Worry about Scodog10 ?

U got good sources or gut feeling

Source at the club still waiting for more updates I don't like asking so will wait for him to tell me

I called last week as I was sick of the Richmond s**t

Like anything In life nothing is certain but he is extremely confident

Richmond could quite easily finish as low as 7th if they lose next week. It wouldn't surprise me if they get bundled out of the finals in week 1. Again...

I don't know what it is about Richmond, they just don't convince me that they're legit. Will remain that way until they win some finals.

They will be and it's going to be freaking hilarious.

Treloar will end up at Richmond.collingwood never get a big name we only get players like young Adams karnezis greenwood white lynch.no disrespect to Adams and greenwood but there not even close to treloar.

all though we did not show it against Richmond, long term we are better placed for sustain success than they are.
the club is trying to build and even list with most being high b+ to a grade so not to relie on to few. to do a geelong
where tigers list is good but relies on to few on the top end talent to succeed like we are at the moment.
when our youth click in a year or two I have no doubt we will be very successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back