List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the key stocks last night in bed like a nerd (not gay, not that there's...and so forth) and I reckon we need to keep Brown if Cloke goes. That gives us the following:

KPD: Reid, Keeffe, Marsh, Frost, Brown and Howe

That's quite a bit on reflection. With Keeffe returning I think we can have Reid, Keeffe and Marsh/Brown as our stalwarts which may allow us to send Howe forward.

I'd like a forward line of:

Elliot - White - Varcoe
Howe - Moore - Fasolo

That's pretty handsome in my view and unbelievable air-power. White has stepped up to the challenge this year and a very handy relief ruck.

maybe Reid goes forward next year?

The risk with JOM is to great. If he came in for next to nothing you would be prepared to do it. But the type of trade required of 1-2 first round picks or elite players is way too high versus the inherent risks.

Its a massive no from me.

What is this De Goey talk? lol, I seriously haven't read or heard anything anywhere else other than right here. Or is it just a gag that I've missed?
Watch his interview after the Hawthorn game on our web site. Don't think he is going anywhere.

maybe Reid goes forward next year?

Yeah, although he's pretty handy for us delivering accurately from defence. Guess the same could be said of Howe. If Keeffe and Marsh were able to hold down the two key posts with Goldy going to the third that would be unbelievable, although I still think Reid or Howe would have to be down back, maybe Goldy as a defensive forward.

Would much rather keep Berg. ACL injuries are actually preferable to patella tendon injuries.
This. Patella tendons are seriously nasty injuries.

Saying JOM is a gun and people have just forgotten, is like saying Dane Swan is a Brownlow medalist and we should chase him despite his injury.

This. Patella tendons are seriously nasty injuries.

Saying JOM is a gun and people have just forgotten, is like saying Dane Swan is a Brownlow medalist and we should chase him despite his injury.

patella tendon injuries aren't career ending.

its the damage done to the medial surface of the patella that end careers. it's what stuffed cooney.

Wish Trav well.
Won't and can't begrudge him.

He will always be welcomed back as a pies premiership player.

He's the closest a thing the competition has seen this decade to a beast with his marking ability- second to none.

Exactly this :arrowup:

I will miss the big galoop! :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article on cloke says: "Industry sources said today the premiership goalkicker would be worth a third-round draft pick."

i wouldn't be trading him for a third round pick. Be quite happy to keep him on out list. They also say we would pay some of his wage. I find it really odd we would take a low pick and pay part of his wage. He is contracted, surely we ask for more!

patella tendon injuries aren't career ending.

its the damage done to the medial surface of the patella that end careers. it's what stuffed cooney.
You know TRS is a physio right? Pretty sure he knows what he's on about.

I think we can put the crap De Goey trade rumours to bed now. See at 10:40

Can I post this again? At 10:40. Does this sound like a guy who wants to be traded?
People just make up crap & others run with it.

The article on cloke says: "Industry sources said today the premiership goalkicker would be worth a third-round draft pick."

i wouldn't be trading him for a third round pick. Be quite happy to keep him on out list. They also say we would pay some of his wage. I find it really odd we would take a low pick and pay part of his wage. He is contracted, surely we ask for more!
Yeah, this is something I don't get. Collingwood has been very open about the fact that Clokey is contracted, and that any trade a club comes up with would have to be worthwhile.

I don't see how a third round pick and us paying his wage is worthwhile at all. What are these 'industry sources'? Random shit posts on Big Footy?

this is key for mine.

Without Cloke we can't go into next season with Moore, White, Cox as our only key forward options.... unless we're diversifying into pawn.

Operation "Get Tomlinson".... Even if it means we can move Howe forward.
I'd also look at a Rory Lobb type... We cannot win a flag with Mason Cox!

Who's that meant to be. Jay Clark, Jon Ralph? Other such 'experts'? A 3rd pick from ther Bullies is likely to be in the 50's isn't it? Rather keep him if that was the case. Especially if they want us to pay some of his salary.

If JOM was at Collingwood, JDG at the GCS, JOM wanted out at Collingwood and if we could get a straight swap for JDG if I was the list manager I wouldn't know where to sign. Not sure about everyone in here.

If JOM was at Collingwood, JDG at the GCS, JOM wanted out at Collingwood and if we could get a straight swap for JDG if I was the list manager I wouldn't know where to sign. Not sure about everyone in here.

On playing ability and age I would do it instantly. The knee injury throws a pretty large spanner in the works though. You'd want to be very certain that he is healthy enough to get value from.

Operation "Get Tomlinson".... Even if it means we can move Howe forward.
I'd also look at a Rory Lobb type... We cannot win a flag with Mason Cox!

Would be a coup. Not sure we could pull it off though.

You know TRS is a physio right? Pretty sure he knows what he's on about.

Btw, the first time I did an ACL, back in the early 90s, was due to a physio. I had a partial tear of the ACL saw my local physio (didn't know any better) and he treated it a week and I played the week after. Didn't end well. Torn ACL damaged medial and lateral meniscus. Not much cartilage left. I never went back to that physio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back