Traded Confirmed Trade: GWS #20, Jesse Hogan and Dom Barry to Melbourne for #3, #13

Remove this Banner Ad

demon_dynasty13

All Australian
Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Deal-Done-60x60.jpg

Confirmation from the Demons on that trade. GWS receive picks 3 and 13, leaving them with the top three picks in November's draft. The Dees get pick 2 in the GWS mini-draft, pick 20 in the national draft, plus Dominic Barry - a speedy Alice Springs midfielder in GWS's Northern Territory zone. Melbourne are still waiting on Barry's paperwork to be completed before formally announcing the trade.

we just landed the next Jonathan Brown

Feeling pretty damn good , thanks for asking

Because your club has proven it can turn quality kids into stars

Any other club i would believe you look at Trengrove Watts if they were at Collingwood or any other club they would be stars

Why would they give 3 when they could have given pick 4. Massive rheaming done by GWS.

Sucked in Melbourne

Seriously? We land a player being favourably compared to Brown and who many good judges deem to be worth a top pick as well as a player we clearly have our eye on for a top pick and a 7 pick downgrade. How is that a bad deal for either team?

Out: Scully, Pick 12 in a weak draft

In: Clark (elite KPF), Hogan (possible 2013 no.1 pick, next Jonno Brown), Dom Barry (slick left footed wingman with pace who killed the draft combine), pick 20 (prob Chris Dawes, even though I feel that's overs).

Yep, our arses feel pretty good :thumbsu:

Did I mention we are getting Jack Viney in the second round, and still also have pick 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne's favourite time of the year is draft trade time with all there low picks

Fast forward a couple months and at round 6 they will be talking picks again it really is pathetic

Not as pathetic as trolling on the draft and trading board.

Sounds ok to me - Melbourne have plenty of high picks, they didn't have to use a very high pick for Viney, so why not? Unless they thought they could get someone best than Hogan with pick 3, it's a good deal for them - and if it was part of how they got Viney cheaply, even better.

Whats PA
Melbourne's favourite time of the year is draft trade time with all there low picks

Fast forward a couple months and at round 6 they will be talking picks again it really is pathetic

Whats PATHETIC is your constant negativty! Now if you have not got anything substantial to add, please go back to your local Centrelink Office, and register for more crisis payments...

I have a feeling Melbourne, GWS and GC all had a little discussion a week or so ago.

GC made it clear they wanted Jack Martin.

GWS said they wanted the first 3 picks.

Melbourne said they wanted Viney second round.

So GC + GWS agreed not to bid if GC knew GWS would accept pick 2 for Jack Martin, and Melbourne would give up pick 3 for Hogan (which would have otherwise been tied down to Viney).

How do more people not realise this? They're effectively only able to be beaten by themselves for pick 4 vs pick 3.
Obviously we would have rather given Pick 4, but who cares out of Wines and Toumpas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back