Connecting the dots - Are we on the brink of calamity?

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is that the capitalist goose of debt is cooked
High numbers of unemployed
High numbers of under employed
Low wages for ordinary workers
Together with low or zero interest rates and there is no where to go except somewhere radical.

We can produce unlimited number of goods and services but only an ever decreasing number can afford to buy those goods and services.

Options to consider
War - it worked ww2
Debt jubilee for consumers
Basic income
Much higher corporate wealth taxes
Proscription of billionaires
Limitations on wealth concentration
Limitations on size of corporations

We simply have to pressure nations like China to increase minimum wage.

It is already happening naturally but we must push the issue.

There is little doubt things will go backwards here though for a while as we profited from low wages internationally. Sure it hurts in the short term but it's for the good long term.

Things are better now though than ever. So no need for anything radical.

We simply have to pressure nations like China to increase minimum wage.
So we will have moved virtually all manufacturing out of Australia, under the guise of cheaper labour. Only to pressure them to pay their workers what we would otherwise be paying Australians.

Doesn't that seem insane?

So we will have moved virtually all manufacturing out of Australia, under the guise of cheaper labour. Only to pressure them to pay their workers what we would otherwise be paying Australians.

Doesn't that seem insane?

yes it is insane that we followed an energy policy that crippled a struggling sector. Perhaps we should have considered not all people are 'designed" to be doctors and lawyers and addressed the reasons why manufacturing is forced overseas.

We all want good wages and a great environment but the red and green policy in this nation and replicated at state level is nuts. We should also focus on removing criminal organisations from our industry and IR.

yes it is insane that we followed an energy policy that crippled a struggling sector. Perhaps we should have considered not all people are 'designed" to be doctors and lawyers and addressed the reasons why manufacturing is forced overseas.

We all want good wages and a great environment but the red and green policy in this nation and replicated at state level is nuts. We should also focus on removing criminal organisations from our industry and IR.

It's not exclusive to Australia, it's globalization and many developed western countries have suffered the same way.

I read that American manufacturers have started to return to America, or at least some have. Haven't bothered to look into it though.

Producing things, making things, designing things, researching things, if you don't have those capabilities, you're screwed in the mid to long term.
We have more then enough gas to supply our national needs for long long time. But instead, in joint ventures with foreign corporations, it's taken to other countries.
We could find the worlds biggest oil reserves, and our stupid globalist puppet governments would allow for it to be shipped off shore instead of benefiting Australians.

We'll be well and truly screwed when the SHTF eventually again.

And if more farm land is bought up by foreign interests, to supply their nations, well....

It's not exclusive to Australia, it's globalization and many developed western countries have suffered the same way.

I read that American manufacturers have started to return to America, or at least some have. Haven't bothered to look into it though.

Producing things, making things, designing things, researching things, if you don't have those capabilities, you're screwed in the mid to long term.
We have more then enough gas to supply our national needs for long long time. But instead, in joint ventures with foreign corporations, it's taken to other countries.
We could find the worlds biggest oil reserves, and our stupid globalist puppet governments would allow for it to be shipped off shore instead of benefiting Australians.

We'll be well and truly screwed when the SHTF eventually again.

And if more farm land is bought up by foreign interests, to supply their nations, well....

Manufacturing returned to the US when they reduced the cost of power production (cheap gas)

That can't be good.

Personally I can't see it happening. Russia simply doesn't have the coin to fight.

They would only cement the US's power

Yes, the yanks have enough resources to launch planes from ships for years on end. Endless bombing that Russia wouldn't be able to match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Googling the authors of stories like that is always a great laugh. Give it a go.
Nice one,white power FBI stooge.Good to see he got through his jail time without getting fingered.Take his tripe with a big grain of salt.Bet he's got a good stockpile of guns,just in case.
Forgot to add,staunch republican.

Last edited:
That is still nothing compared to whats about to hit us. I am in commodities and the business environment is the worst that i have ever seen in my life evidenced by the fact that both Glencore and Freeport and a few other heavyweights are downgraded to junk or very close to junk! .

I think you are right. Canada has already felt the pain, its more than likely Australia will suffer badly given its relative exposure to China and commodities.

As Albert Edwards said.

Once the bubble bursts, “Canada might be a lightly done muffin, but Australia will be absolutely toast.”

Whens the last time the USA won a war?

its quite amazing one can be a super power, dominate world politics but not win wars.

i wonder how they would fair if a bloody ground war was to eventuate......

its quite amazing one can be a super power, dominate world politics but not win wars.

i wonder how they would fair if a bloody ground war was to eventuate......
What they did in 1941 - convert their factories into making armaments and conscripting millions of men and sending them off to fight. They could start that tomorrow if they had to.

What they did in 1941 - convert their factories into making armaments and conscripting millions of men and sending them off to fight. They could start that tomorrow if they had to.

I'm not sure the people of Oz, the US, UK etc are prepared to fight like the Chinese, Russian etc

middle class prefer couches and footy over trenches

technology, energy, logistics, infrastructure and communication are more important these days than in the past. Meaning we still have the edge but that balance will change as we continue to lose manufacturing and china grows theirs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back