Contract , delisting & draft news & discussion part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Contract , delisting & draft news & discussion.

Peake - Gone
Drum - Gone
Dodd - Contract
Headland - Contract
Foster - ???
O'Brien - Contract

At least that's what the rumours seem to indicate at the moment. Now that Hase has signed on I'm most interested to see what the club decides to do with Murphy.

We get to start a "2012" list now - onya Hilly! :thumbsu:

Peake
Drum
Dodd
Headland
Foster
O'Brien

Head - delisted
Browne - retired
Gilmore - delisted
Campbell - delisted

Tarrant
Sandi
Pav
McPharlin
Hinkley
Mayne
Thornton
Murphy
Mundy
Hayden
Ibbotson
Grover
Ballantyne
Walters
Bucovaz
Hall
Bradley
Solomon
Hase

Johnson
Suban
Clarke
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Ruffles
Broughton

Hill

Rookies
Sibosado
DeBoer
Pearce
Shepheard
Van Berlo

Connelly - delisted
Pratt - delisted

Just for a bit of a recap about our list changes so far:

Senior list was 38 players
Rookie list had 8 players

We traded/delisted:

Browne
Head
Gilmore
Campbell
Peake
Drum
Connelly (rookie)
Pratt (rookie)

Grover can potentially be added to the rookie list.

Therefore we have freed up 7 senior spots and 1 rookie spot. Or 6 senior spots and 2 rookie spots.

We will probably use picks 4,20,36,48,49,52. Harvey has stated we will be using our preseason draft pick.

I guess one of two things will happen, we'll either delist another player, or Grover will be moved to the veterans list.

IP,we need a new update after Dodd's 1 year contract. Also i thought BOB got offered a contract.

Just for a bit of a recap about our list changes so far:

Senior list was 38 players
Rookie list had 8 players

We traded/delisted:

Browne
Head
Gilmore
Campbell
Peake
Drum
Connelly (rookie)
Pratt (rookie)

Grover can potentially be added to the rookie list.

Therefore we have freed up 7 senior spots and 1 rookie spot. Or 6 senior spots and 2 rookie spots.

We will probably use picks 4,20,36,48,49,52. Harvey has stated we will be using our preseason draft pick.

I guess one of two things will happen, we'll either delist another player, or Grover will be moved to the veterans list.

IP,we need a new update after Dodd's 1 year contract. Also i thought BOB got offered a contract.

I wonder who he has in mind.

Once trade week is done we should compile a list and have a poll/discussion on who would be ideal?

Where can we get a list of possibles from?

Harvey stated some weeks ago that Freo were likely to pick up someone via the PSD....so im figuring that he already knows who we are going to pick up. With that in mind,, unless someone better comes along, im thinking it may be one of the these delisted players.

Matt Egan
Daniel Harris
Mark Coughlan
Nathan Brown
Russell Robertson

Where can we get a list of possibles from?

Harvey stated some weeks ago that Freo were likely to pick up someone via the PSD....so im figuring that he already knows who we are going to pick up. With that in mind,, unless someone better comes along, im thinking it may be one of the these delisted players.

Matt Egan
Daniel Harris
Mark Coughlan
Nathan Brown
Russell Robertson

No to all of those, except maybe Harris, he could at least be a hard body in the midifled if everything went pear shaped

Has there been anything official on Des? Or Brock or Foster?

Foster

Head - delisted
Browne - retired
Gilmore - delisted
Campbell - delisted
Peake - traded
Drum - traded

Tarrant
Sandi
Pav
McPharlin
Hinkley
Mayne
Thornton
Murphy
Mundy
Hayden
Ibbotson
Grover
Ballantyne
Walters
Bucovaz
Hall
Bradley
Solomon
Hase
Dodd
Headland
O'Brien

Johnson
Suban
Clarke
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Ruffles
Broughton

Hill

Rookies
de Boer
Sibosado
Pearce
Shepheard
Van Berlo

Connelly - delisted
Pratt - delisted

What about deBoer? Has he officially been upgraded?

What about deBoer? Has he officially been upgraded?

In an interview with Harvey a little while back this was said-
With Greg Broughton and Matt de Boer onto the main list, where do Clancee Pearce and Jay van Berlo stand? Are they pushing for senior list spots next year?
I think most of our rookie players are going to have the opportunities – we've only got one veteran on our list next year (Antoni Grover), so we've already got an opportunity to elevate a rookie straight away. I'd say the rookies will be amongst it next year.

I hope IP doesn't mind but i thought an update was due. :)

Foster

Tarrant
Pav
McPharlin
Hinkley
Mayne
Thornton
Murphy
Mundy
Hayden
Ibbotson
Grover (Veteran list)
Ballantyne
Walters
Bucovaz
Hall
Bradley
Solomon
Hase
Dodd
Headland
O'Brien

Johnson
Suban
Clarke
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Ruffles
Broughton
Morabito
Fyfe
Houghton
Crichton
Roberton
Bollenhagen

Hill

Sandilands

Rookies
de Boer
Sibosado
Pearce
Shepheard
Van Berlo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of players coming out of contract at the end of next year.

Lets hope we can atleast get half done before the season starts.[/quote

Silver what are the requirments for veteran status (Anthony Grover is one I see) and how many can we have on our list. It certainloy would be great to lock in a core group for next three years on contracts from that 2010 list that will be okay - wonder if Pav will commit.

Silver what are the requirments for veteran status (Anthony Grover is one I see) and how many can we have on our list. It certainloy would be great to lock in a core group for next three years on contracts from that 2010 list that will be okay - wonder if Pav will commit.

Veteran status:

2010 Season
Antoni Grover (age 30)

2011 Season
Paul Hasleby (age 30)

2012 Season
Luke McPharlin (age 30, 31 in December)
Matthew Pavlich (age 30, 31 in December)

2013 Season
Aaron Sandilands (age 30, 31 in December)
Roger Hayden (age 32, 33 in December)**

"Under AFL player rules, each club may nominate or list what is called a Veteran Player.

- In order to be eligible for classification as a Veteran a player must have been the age of 30 as at September 30 in the relevant AFL season and be on the primary list of the AFL club for at least 10 years.

-There is no limit on the number of veteran players a club can list, as long as the player meets the required classification"

Because Hayden was rookie listed in 2001 and 2002. He won't qualify until season 2013. He needs to be on the 'primary' list for at least 10 years.

Veteran status:

2010 Season
Antoni Grover (age 30)

2011 Season
Paul Hasleby (age 30)

2012 Season
Luke McPharlin (age 30)
Matthew Pavlich (age 30)
Roger Hayden (age 31 - because he will reach 30 before 10 seasons with the club)

"Under AFL player rules, each club may nominate or list what is called a Veteran Player.

- In order to be eligible for classification as a Veteran a player must have been the age of 30 as at September 30 in the relevant AFL season and be on the primary list of the AFL club for at least 10 years.

-There is no limit on the number of veteran players a club can list, as long as the player meets the required classification"

:thumbsu: thanks mate much appreciated - could be very useful if contracts sorted and they are still in good shape and playing okay. May be very handy if we have two or three on veteran list and are looking to lift young guys up from rookie list -especially 2012

You can have up to two players on the veterans list; any others will still be on the main list. As far as the salary cap implications go, it changes the more veterans you have.

1 vet. 50% reduction
2 vet. 50% reduction each
3 vet. 33% reduction each
4 vet. 25% reduction each, etc.

Edit: Also worth noting - assuming I'm correct - for every player on the veterans list, you lose one of your 2 nominated rookie spots. In our case in 2010, with Grover on the veterans list, we can only have 1 nominated rookie, whereas last season we had 2 (Broughton & de Boer).

Chopper's extension makes it look like this:

Tarrant
Pav
McPharlin
Hinkley
Thornton
Murphy
Mundy
Hayden
Ibbotson
Grover (Veteran list)
Ballantyne
Walters
Bucovaz
Hall
Bradley
Solomon
Hase
Dodd
Headland
O'Brien

Johnson
Suban
Clarke
Schammer
Duffield
Crowley
Palmer
Ruffles
Broughton
Morabito
Fyfe
Houghton
Crichton
Roberton
Bollenhagen
Mayne

Hill

Sandilands

Rookies
de Boer
Sibosado
Pearce
Shepheard
Van Berlo
Barlow
Silvagni

Interesting. I think of those coming out of contract this year you can draw a line through
Thornton
Murphy
Grover
Solomon
Dodd
O'Brien
and possibly Des which means we'll be going pretty deep again in the draft.

Uh oh Pav has only got one year left on his contract... that must mean he's leaving for sure at the end of the year.

Interesting. I think of those coming out of contract this year you can draw a line through
Thornton
Murphy
Grover
Solomon
Dodd
O'Brien
and possibly Des which means we'll be going pretty deep again in the draft.

Depends, Im expecting 2, possibly more, rookie elevations at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back