Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to get one on the basis of virus interference. Let me be your control in this experiment; winner is the one who doesn't die.

Not quite diabetic but well on the way, and my hypertension beats yours, so we're pretty much equal.

According to the Quack, my Blood Pressure set a high score!

And, if you're planning on kicking off, leave some money on the bar for my Melb trip TYVM!!

meh, if the govt wants to see that i get up at 5am, take a s**t, go for a run and swim at the beach, take kids to school, stop at shops on way back and then start work, then pick up kids from school, and come home in order to open up the country so i can watch the footy again, i say go ahead, implement it for 6 -12 months and then remove it.
i just wanna watch the footy
tonight was meant to be west coast v richmond. im pissed
Just like around the world governments took back measures brought in right after 9/11?

Oh wait they didn’t.

Ah, the ol' 'of you have nothing to hide, you have to nothing to fear' nonsense.

It's like saying we don't need free speech because you have nothing to say.
The easy reply to that is easy. If you've got nothing to hide you'll let everyone see you bank statements, you'll let everyone see your medical records.

You'll eventually find something that someone doesn't want in the public.

This is absolutely bewildering to me that people spend so much time in fear. I guess we should become more like the US and allow citizens to bare arms in case the government comes for us all :drunk:

Who's more living in fear than one who's be prepared to allow their gov to force a compulsory tracing app on them because a number of people, from zero to just over 1,000 people have a virus in their state?

If you've got nothing to hide then sure, come have a look around, why do I care.

Hey, "Lyyynnnchy"...

I'm fairly well known on the regional footy board and it isn't hard to work out who I am, and I'm okay with that. But BF isn't the only forum I use.

On another forum, with a completely different user name, I upset some moron for some trivial reason. Next minute he's (assumed it was a he) posted my facebook profile pic. No comment, no threats, just a post containing exactly one pic. Mine.

What would your reaction be if someone did that to you?

According to the Quack, my Blood Pressure set a high score!

Willing to have a pissing-blood contest here. With medication, BP was 210/115 a couple of weeks ago. Have been hospitalised when it hit 295/140. A walking aneurism. Latter case, doc got my wife to drive me to hospital as it was quicker than him calling a whaaaaambulance.

what were those measures in australia again? that we still have? ive forgotten

Don't fly very often, do you? That's the most visible evidence.

austlii said:
At the federal level alone, over 50 new statutes running to many hundreds of pages have been passed by the federal Parliament. This legislation has been of unprecedented reach, including laws providing for: restrictions on freedom of speech through new sedition offences and broader censorship rules; detention and questioning for up to a week by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (‘ASIO’) of Australian citizens not suspected of any crime; the banning of organisations by executive decision; control orders that can enable house arrest for up to a year; detention without charge or trial for up to 14 days; and warrantless searches of private property by police officers. As these examples demonstrate, powers and sanctions once thought to lie outside the rules of a liberal democracy except during wartime have now become part of the Australian legal system. This demonstrates the new legal reality after the events of 11 September 2001 (often referred to as ‘September 11’ or ‘9/11’).

Source: http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/MelbULawRw/2011/38.html

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-damaging-to-freedom-than-any-other-countrys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t say there were affecting me negatively. But they are part of an erosion of individual privacy that has occurred since 9/11.

The point is that they were sold as temporary measures to a temporary problem and instead have become ingrained in our society.
yeh but we, the consumer, can like i said in my earlier post (if the app is say preinstalled) refuse to buy phones. the tech giants wont be happy and wont do it. if govt continues to pressure these companies or mandate it, we the consumer have to call their bluff and hold out buying the things until it changes. people power... 99% of people have phones and this affects them and they can do what i outline above. with the 9/11 anti-terrorist stuff, that only affect 0.001% of people and i couldnt gaf about those laws and rules as they havent affected me

i fly all the time. i can no longer bring in opened water bottles? and have to have no more than 100ml of liquids? meh
And have to spend giant amounts of times at airports as a result. It’s changed things significantly.
yeh but we, the consumer, can like i said in my earlier post (if the app is say preinstalled) refuse to buy phones. the tech giants wont be happy and wont do it. if govt continues to pressure these companies or mandate it, we the consumer have to call their bluff and hold out buying the things until it changes. people power... 99% of people have phones and this affects them and they can do what i outline above. with the 9/11 anti-terrorist stuff, that only affect 0.001% of people and i couldnt gaf about those laws and rules as they havent affected me
Expecting people to just stopping buying phones is fantasy talk. It isn’t going to happen. Everyone relies heavily on one these days. Most people don’t give enough of s**t to push back against government measures anyway these days. Whereas in the past you’d see serious mass scale protests over certain issues these days most cannot be bothered.

And have to spend giant amounts of times at airports as a result. It’s changed things significantly.

Expecting people to just stopping buying phones is fantasy talk. It isn’t going to happen. Everyone relies heavily on one these days. Most people don’t give enough of s**t to push back against government measures.
meh extra time at airport. flying for 2/3/4/5/10 hours, whats an extra half hour or hour. it really is no issue to me

yeh it may be fantasy talk to a degree but at end of the day, it could be done. thats all im saying

Absolutely not. But if I got a knock on the door at five in the morning from a battering ram because someone I knew was potentially up to no good, I'd be pretty ******* bewildered and worried.
go on... step out that example for me. exactly what is happening? are these people living with you?

Absolutely not. But if I got a knock on the door at five in the morning from a battering ram because someone I knew was potentially up to no good, I'd be pretty ******* bewildered and worried.
Or better yet, you get your door smashed in by a police task force, not displaying their badges, not announcing themselves as cops.

You happen to not be the person they are after but be say someone who is a target for hate crimes due to race, sexual orientation, religion etc

So you think guys in balaclavas have broken into my house in the middle of the night to beat or kill me.

So you resist arrest, your arm is broken in multiple places, you get lacerations from the zip ties that do permanent damage due to restriction of blood flow

You aren't read your rights, you aren't given proper medical treatment.

IBAC says in the investigation that your human rights were not upheld and the police should be reprimanded for that, but the damage done to you was not excessive and the arrest was not illegal even though you did nothing wrong and the police did.

So it's cool to beat up someone you think is a criminal just make sure you tell him why you are doing it and if it turns out he didn't do what you think he did you have to let him go home at that point.

Oh Hi, we are neighbours... kinda. Im in Cannes and very interested in what Spain is going to do and in particular travel through summer. My info is that Spain is not likely to open it's borders for international travel this summer, and any internal 'summer holiday' travel will be restricted to within your own region travel.

Macron gave us May 11th as our new targeted 'end-date'.

Is this what you understand? And would you expect France and Italy to go the same way?
This situation is so malleable at the moment that any forecast of what is going to happen is bound to be wildly erroneous. I would imagine that internal life in each country will begin within a month but travel between countries will depend on the level of trust countries have between each other. I can see Italy and Spain being closely monitored by all other European countries before being a viable tourist destination again, or indeed allowing people from them to travel to anywhere else.

I can also see rudimentary medical checks, such as temperature at all airports for a while too.

* me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back