Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered that, the funny thing is it only took me considering this to realize just how absolutely terrible the font is that's been used on the West Coast Eagles current logo.

The fan-NBA take on the Eagles Logo looks pretty shmick I think.

IMG_1668.jpg

We shouldn't bow down to China no matter what. And the fact you are advocating us do so brings questions to your loyalty to your country or the dollar

You seem really impressed with the CCP who gave us this virus and brought the world to its knees already with a 10 trillion dollar debt

I agree Australia should follow through on what it thinks is right and not bow down to any country, even though truth be told we've been doing it since the country was founded; but you've based the rest of logic on rubbish. The CCP didn't give anyone this virus, no matter emotional you get over it, no matter how many dum-dums expound your POV, your thinking is simply misguided.

I agree Australia should follow through on what it thinks is right and not bow down to any country, even though truth be told we've been doing it since the country was founded; but you've based the rest of logic on rubbish. The CCP didn't give anyone this virus, no matter emotional you get over it, no matter how many dum-dums expound your POV, your thinking is simply misguided.

No the CCP didn't give anyone the virus.

China did.

China has already launched the first warning shot of a trade war. They would be quite comfortable with a trade war with Australia ... The likelihood that enough resource rich countries would stand up to them to make Australian resources indispensable are really low imop. We are convenient for China, but not essential.

Australia is now in a difficult position. Trump has shown the US cannot be trusted to act rationally. I have no faith a Trump government would do anything to help Australia, if Trump didn't see it in his interests. Even if he loses the next election, the fact they elected him, and he still retains support means someone like him could be elected in the future The days of trusting in a US hegemony are over

Actually I think they'd secretly be shitting their pants about a trade war that threatened access to certain resources, but comfortable enough to put other aspects of trade on the line, like agriculture and tourism. The question is, if Australia want to go down that line, would we have the balls to turn off the no.1 engine of our economy; if not, we'd have lost before we started.

Yeah it's America first with Trump and he's not a trustworthy person. It would be foolish to hitch our wagon to that train atm.

Nature is nature. Thousands of virus' exist and have for thousands of years. Your emotions have misled you.

Lol ok, enjoy your delusion.

Look I agree with you in part.
The response to this virus by the world has been over the top imo.

But China is still responsible for their slow reaction and not containing it.

But China is still responsible for their slow reaction and not containing it.

Your expectation is not one based on understanding. We know enough about the virus to know it was never going to be contained. Numerous epidemiologists have put this point forward. While I'm sure you believe you know better, the fact is, you don't. You're just being emotional.

You are admitting you are accepting a certain death toll in relation to the measures taken right?
I accept that people offing themselves is a reality, with or without these lockdowns. It's the lesser of two evils.

People who are suicidal can get help - there are services to help them. We're not a 3rd world country.

Whereas this virus has the capacity to overwhelm health systems, kill even more people and leave otherwise healthy people scarred for life. Which would, in turn, make the suicide rate even worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your expectation is not one based on understanding. We know enough about the virus to know it was never going to be contained. Numerous epidemiologists have put this point forward. While I'm sure you believe you know better, the fact is, you don't. You're just being emotional.

What if this virus originated in Taiwan? The country that told the WHO that there was human to human transmission back on December 31st but were ignored.

They did a great job of containing the virus there as they acted a few weeks before China admitted there was human to human transmission and had the virus originated in Taiwan there is a good chance they would have contained it before it spread around the world.

Saying it was never going to be contained no matter where it originated is giving the CCP an out that they don't deserve.

Along with a hole heap of other things......like 100 years of inventions/medical equipment/advances in medical treatments etc......

May as well compare it to dinosaurs being wiped out by an asteroid
100 years of advancements only allow us to find the solution quicker. Until there’s a solution, we are just as susceptible to additional waves as 100 years ago. However, I recognise that thousands upon thousands of troops returning home will not be an issue for us now.

Emotional ?

Maybe, my job is on the line...

I accept that people offing themselves is a reality, with or without these lockdowns. It's the lesser of two evils.

People who are suicidal can get help - there are services to help them. We're not a 3rd world country.

Whereas this virus has the capacity to overwhelm health systems, kill even more people and leave otherwise healthy people scarred for life. Which would, in turn, make the suicide rate even worse.

Wow

Has there been any post in the last 300 pages that are remotely connected to this thread? I see words, and sentences, and then politics and then some politician in Asia, or maybe France...have we had the the east west link debate on here yet? Or who's the best FF in the last 6.5 years? Is there any update that's worth the general public to know about?

We shouldn't bow down to China no matter what. And the fact you are advocating us do so brings questions to your loyalty to your country or the dollar

You seem really impressed with the CCP who gave us this virus and brought the world to its knees already with a 10 trillion dollar debt

If so impressed I'll be the first to donate a plane or boat ticket to get you there.

You in? I'll put up $100.00

I think China is really dangerous and untrustworthy.

Rule 1 of life. If a dangerous unstable looking guy carrying an assault rifle walks into a bar, not insulting him, or challenging him to a fight isn't bowing down, it's not being a moron.

We cannot make China pay for Covid. It isn't happening.

We can start a fight we will lose, badly, and then we will be their bitch.

Explain to me why this excites you so much?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet you don't care about the other businesses that have been destroyed to the tune of 10 percent of GDP over a little flu...
How much of the remaining 90% are you willing to destroy to show China how much the 10% upset you?

Put a figure on it in terms of unemployed.

If we kill 300 000 jobs in a trade war with China, is that enough to show them who is boss? 400 000.

Or do we go really hardball. 500 000. China will really get the message then.

What if this virus originated in Taiwan? The country that told the WHO that there was human to human transmission back on December 31st but were ignored.

They did a great job of containing the virus there as they acted a few weeks before China admitted there was human to human transmission and had the virus originated in Taiwan there is a good chance they would have contained it before it spread around the world.

Saying it was never going to be contained no matter where it originated is giving the CCP an out that they don't deserve.
No doubt about the delay by China although the nature of the virus 14 day period didn't help.

Mind you the rest of the world delayed there response as well as it took to mid March before taking actions similar to what was being done in Wuhan in late January.

Your an idiot.

I think China is really dangerous and untrustworthy.

Rule 1 of life. If a dangerous unstable looking guy carrying an assault rifle walks into a bar, not insulting him, or challenging him to a fight isn't bowing down, it's not being a moron.

We cannot make China pay for Covid. It isn't happening.

We can start a fight we will lose, badly, and then we will be their bitch.

Explain to me why this excites you so much?

We aren't starting a fight with China, it's not just Australia by the way there are public figures around the world who have publicly stated they want an inquiry for the purposes of future preparation. This has been stated infinitum by slo mo and others, and on here as well - it is not for the purposes of a witch hunt.

If China wants to get all pissed off toting an M16 in the bar over it then the world will not accept it and China will be made to heel. China cannot just bully the world on its whim. The world is bigger than what China thinks it is and if you go by msm no other nation is in their corner.

There is no precedent to this, not even the GFC - a drop in the ocean compared to. If China wants to get rowdy the rest of the world would out rowdy them.

To suggest that this is only a China v Australia, which by the way is completely of China's doing then that's wrong. There will be a joint international investigation . If China doesn't like it then that is China's problem no one elses.

As far as trade damage it's a two way street, it is not ideal for China either and although not much it does effect some of their businesses that import our beef and grain. And it's not like China are going to just cut all imports from us either, it's not practical for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back