Cotchin is Richmond's best Brownlow chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
AND I QUOTE

Best chance: Trent Cotchin The skipper is the Tigers' best chance because vice-captain Brett Deledio is ineligible. Cotchin polled 19 votes last season and 26 in 2012. He won't reach those heights, however, and could finish on 13 votes.
Fast starter: Trent Cotchin collected 38 possessions in round one and backed that up with a best-on-ground performance the next week. The wins soon dried up for Richmond and so would the votes for the star midfielder.
One-vote wonder: David Astbury The tall defender's season was ended by injury after round nine, but not before he established himself as one of the Tigers' most improved players. Among the Tigers' best in the round two win over Carlton, a vote would please all at Tigerland.
Total votes: A miserable first half of the season won't net many votes, but the Tigers came home with a wet sail and will earn plenty after round 14 for a predicted total of 68. – Nathan Schmook

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-17/the-chase-for-chas

What an absolute joke. Not even a mention of Martin, who was clearly the superior player this season.

Martin's best form was when we were losing, though. Hard to get votes under those circumstances.
Were a few closer games where he might pick up the odd vote here and there.
Deledio is ineligible?
Something to do with the amount of points he got with his reprimand I believe (not sure though).

I'm not legitimately pissed at it, just having a laugh that anybody can actually think Cotchin was better than Martin. o_O

Something to do with the amount of points he got with his reprimand I believe (not sure though).

I'm not legitimately pissed at it, just having a laugh that anybody can actually think Cotchin was better than Martin. o_O

I'll try again... you know how the Brownlow works right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin's best form was when we were losing, though. Hard to get votes under those circumstances.
How has Dusty polled in the past though?? Cotch had another solid season. Wasnt his best but he was very good in a lot of games still

Dusty has had a better year, but he won't be getting votes when we were getting smahsed every week.
Umps love Cotch (who doesn't ;)) and he started to play well when we were winning.

He was and will quite likely finish top 5 .

I think Cotchin will surprise a few and get more votes than expected.

With 4-5 games left, I thought he was within reaching distance of a Brownlow (considering Ablett was injured). But he didn't finish strongly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back