Could this have been the winning formula?

Remove this Banner Ad

FF: Arnot Reiwoldt Lloyd
HF: A. Edwards SHULZ Martin
Wing: MATT WHITE

So what you are saying is that we should have held on to Schultz for 5 seasons waiting for him to hit his straps (we traded him end of 2009)? Are you saying that we should have paid overs for Matt White based on what he did at Richmond at the time that he was with us to keep him?

We are all Nostradamus with the advantage of hindsight. Tigers were right to let both of these players go at the time they let them go

So what you are saying is that we should have held on to Schultz for 5 seasons waiting for him to hit his straps (we traded him end of 2009)? Are you saying that we should have paid overs for Matt White based on what he did at Richmond at the time that he was with us to keep him?

We are all Nostradamus with the advantage of hindsight. Tigers were right to let both of these players go at the time they let them go

1. We wouldn't have been paying overs for white, I think he was asking for a reasonable price.
2. Shultz didn't take another 5 years, he had an instant impact at port (If i remember correctly)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe people would like this better

F: A. Edwards Reiwoldt Lloyd
HF: Griffiths Shultz Vickery
Wing: Matt White

1. We wouldn't have been paying overs for white, I think he was asking for a reasonable price.
2. Shultz didn't take another 5 years, he had an instant impact at port (If i remember correctly)

Point taken on Schultz Nobulltiger.
I just find it amusing that it is only when P.A are up and absolutely firing that the Schultz name gets thrown up in our forward line.

As far as White goes we will have to agree to disagree. There is no way we should have matched the P.A offer via free agency. According to an article in the Age last year White was told he was a required played but not on top dollar or on a 3 year contact - which I agree was the right decision

I love whitey but happy to reserve judgement until the business end.
Odds are he will at some stage begin to stink it up and/or get injured.
I'm happy for him but it's a long season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back