Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll watched cricket for my whole life and I'm nearly 40.

I've never seen another player sell his wicket so dearly.

Just couldn't get him out. Would play with broken ribs, migraines and all sorts of s**t.

I have the highest possible respect for SR Waugh as a man, captain and batsman XO.
One of the toughest cricketers to play the game. If every team had a Steve Waugh, they wouldn't lose too often.

On a lighter note, the Kiwis dismissed the Poms for 389, and are now sailing along at 0 for 125. To add salt to England's wounds, Cook took a catch off a no ball, and Bell dropped a catch.

NZ batsmen beating up the Pom's bowling attack. 2/303 at stumps McCullum still to bat.

England 389 all out.

NZ batsmen beating up the Pom's bowling attack. 2/303 at stumps McCullum still to bat.

England 389 all out.
And Taylor should have been run out before he'd scored, but Broad made a real hash of the attempt. That would have made the score 3 for 150 - the Kiwis have now doubled the score without further loss. With 3 days remaining, you'd think NZ would look to bat through day 3 and build a lead in excess of 250. Then we'll see what the shaky England top order is made of.

And Taylor should have been run out before he'd scored, but Broad made a real hash of the attempt. That would have made the score 3 for 150 - the Kiwis have now doubled the score without further loss. With 3 days remaining, you'd think NZ would look to bat through day 3 and build a lead in excess of 250. Then we'll see what the shaky England top order is made of.

They took a catch off a no-ball and dropped another. Bleak day. Sad. :D

I was on holiday for the past 3 weeks in the UK. I only met a few people in that time but anyone I spoke to agreed that England are shooting themselves in the foot not playing Kevin Pietersen. No-one could even understand why that decision had been made so it does seem that it must be personal.

Just had a look at the game where Pietersen scored 355 in a day for Surrey. Like Maxwell Smart I "missed it by that much" and went to Kennington oval the day before where I saw Lewis Hill for Leicestershire score 126 in his second first-class match. Good innings but not the same as the one I would have seen on the next day.

NZ 523 all out and England 2/74 in reply. NZ probably a bit disappointed with that total from 2/337. But still well on top.

The fact England is still 60 behind is due in part to the fact that they conceded 67 sundries, including a Lords record of 26 byes. It really is a case of "the Buttler did it" - Jos Buttler won't look back on this effort with the gloves with much fondness.

joe root, can bat, cant fight.
cant believe the poms didnt pick stokes in their world cup team, dodgy poms....

kp would be handy in he middle order, too bad they are run by strauss hitler

Hits an 85 ball ton to alleviate some pressure off them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Poms look like passing over Dizzy to appoint Trevor Bayliss as their new Head Coach.

This Ashes series is hotting up. With England's great fightback, they now have the confidence they need to take it up to the Aussies, so it's up to our boys to crush that confidence early in the series. Johnson, Hazlewood and Starc to fire with the ball, and hopefully Steve Steve continues his remarkable run with the bat.

Of course, we play the Windies before we get to England - the First Test is now only 8 days away.

Root and Stokes very close for MOM. Stokes just ahead with 2 big fast innings as opposed to Root's 2 big solid innings. Stokes 2 wickets in 2 balls set NZ back on their haunches and Wood/Root broke the important partnership.

England still 60 runs behind when 3 wickets were down but managed to pull themselves off the floor for a win. This was not as dramatic as "Botham's test" in 1981 where they were 92 behind with seven second-innings wickets down but it comes close.

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard.asp?MatchCode=0905

Last edited:
Poms in huge trouble against the Kiwis in the Second Test. Chasing an impossible 455 to sweep the series, the home side is 5 for 102 at lunch on day 5. They have to survive another 66 overs, which appears to be mission impossible. Hopefully this severely dents England‘s confidence ahead of the Ashes, which is now only 5 weeks away.

Australia in the West Indies, First Test

WI 148 Johnson 3/33 Hazlewood 3/34
Aus 318 Voges 130no (ably supported by the tail, especially Hazlewood 39 at no.11 put on 97 for the last wicket), Bishoo 6/80
WI 2/25 Stumps Day 2 (thanks phil :thumbsu:)

Last edited:
Slight amendment Ford: it's stumps on day 2. The last 4 Aussie wickets put on 192 to get us out of a huge hole, but once again, our top order is a real worry, and with the Ashes just 33 days away, we'd better fix it fast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back