Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad has India been in the last 2 Tests!!!! Even though a large portion of day 2 was lost to the weather, they've still been smashed by an innings inside 3 days.

Broad had to retire hurt during England's innings - reading the cricinfo commentary earlier, it was unclear if it was a broken nose or maybe a jaw injury. Regardless, he's in some doubt for the final Test.

They didn't even last 90 overs for the game!!

Which points to a very ordinary summer of cricket in Australia this year - unless the Indians can lift their game!!!!!!
Normally I'd agree, a good tight hard fought contest are the best.
But * em. If there ever a team I want to smash and smash convincingly it's the Indians.

Normally I'd agree, a good tight hard fought contest are the best.
But **** em. If there ever a team I want to smash and smash convincingly it's the Indians.
Mate - don't get me wrong: I'd love to see us smash them 4-0 as well, but I'm just thinking from the point of view that 3 day Tests will mean a big loss for Cricket Australia.

Another double ton for Hughes in the Aus A side vs South Africa A, with Watson out injured he's the logical choice to replace him against Zimbabwe.

10552607_10152631638414313_8206328333631116877_n.jpg

Last edited:
Another 30 over bonanza by the Indians overnight. All out for 94.

A couple of good things for the Aussies coming out of this series.

The lack of form from the Indians make for another whitewash coming up this summer and the Poms thinking Chris Jordan can be a weapon in the Ashes series.

In their last 5 innings, India averaged 3 hours and 50 minutes at the crease and lasted an average of 49 overs and 2 balls.

Now that is insipid.

In their last 5 innings, India averaged 3 hours and 50 minutes at the crease and lasted an average of 49 overs and 2 balls.

Now that is insipid.
Some disgruntled Indian fan wrote on cricinfo last night, "This is a complete Indian team - they can't bat, bowl, field or run." I also read this morning that Indian sundries outscored Kohli in the series!!!!!!

Some disgruntled Indian fan wrote on cricinfo last night, "This is a complete Indian team - they can't bat, bowl, field or run." I also read this morning that Indian sundries outscored Kohli in the series!!!!!!

I hadn't seen that

Are we playing any official Tests against Zimbabwe ? It is ten years since a full strength Australian team toured Zimbabwe. Guys like Sangakkara build their averages against this mob and Bangladesh.

So Shane Watson is out of the tour. This guy must be the most injury prone player ever to represent Australia. Surely Watson's future is clouded?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7/301 Smith out for 31 off 19 balls.

McLaren had gone for 17 in the over before getting Smith with the last ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back