crow chat for Port Board posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This type of discussion probably could've gone in the 'media shakes head' thread to avoid future pissing contests that might occur if their supporters come over & want to kick up a lengthy debate.

They (AA) went on about this all week trying to compare every aspect of both clubs from coaches, players to the membership figures. They really are struggling to come up with topics to talk about.

I'm so bored waiting for the game tomorrow that I actually opened this thread over a topic I don't care about. Bring on the game.

it's simply an inferior opponent trying to troll us into comparing teams with them isn't it? to fall into their trap myself.... i guess they think they have grounds for discussion because their young group made finals in the coaches first year like ours did. our group is fitter and stronger, that much is certain. it will be good seeing them against geelong to know just how seasoned they look right now. but they won't match us physically and they don't have the quality in rotations.

i think we have a better midfield because they are in a better fitness system and they are better all-round players playing to a better team structure. but i, like others would rather compare our midfield to the bombers, blues and so on.. and knock them off confidently. the two showdowns we'll pick up along the way!!

They have the Best Midfielder: Dangerfield
We have the best Captain: Boak
Better link man: Draw, Slone/Ebert - Slone is very good and runs all day, but Brad has the ability to get on the scoresheet multiple times.
Best young tallent: Pretty even, Wingard maybe a head because AA last year. However Crouch will also be a Star and a completely different player to Wingard. Apples and Oranges.
Better more inconsistent: Douglas nodds out Hamish, he should have won a second B&F last year, however Hamish's potential is levels above Douglas' best.

But if they were being honest, it wouldn't be a top 4 debate, it would be 'midfield'

Limited interchange rotations this year will reveal that Port's depth has greater quality than Adelaide's. They have more glamour but beauty does not win the football.

yes this will be the killer for the cows when they play us in the showdown .

after dangermouse, slone, Thompson, B Crouch it starts to get thin .. (they do have Douglas who is injured) M. Crouch (who is untried) and maybe mitch grigg.

after Boak, Ebo, Hartlett, Wines, we have Wingard, Broadbent, R Gray, Moore, K, Cornes, Polec, Cassisi, Monfries, White, Pittard, Sammy C, Newton and Impey (who both are currently untried) ,

They have the Best Midfielder: Dangerfield
We have the best Captain: Boak
Better link man: Draw, Slone/Ebert - Slone is very good and runs all day, but Brad has the ability to get on the scoresheet multiple times.
Best young tallent: Pretty even, Wingard maybe a head because AA last year. However Crouch will also be a Star and a completely different player to Wingard. Apples and Oranges.
Better more inconsistent: Douglas nodds out Hamish, he should have won a second B&F last year, however Hamish's potential is levels above Douglas' best.

But if they were being honest, it wouldn't be a top 4 debate, it would be 'midfield'

under best young talent we have Wingard & Wines ..... they have B. Crouch & M. Crouch

this battle / comparison will be interesting for years to come

I think they'll win. They've still got some talented players running around and Geelong have their injury woes too. I'm tipping Geelong to have a year something like we had in 2005.

If a Crows wins points to the end of Geelong's era, I think I could deal with that.

Wait until the Tingles lose on Thursday and the slide continues
My dream scenario for the first 3 rounds for the Crows:

Round 1 v Geelong: Podsiadly subbed off in the third quarter, having failed to gain a possession against his old side. Geelong by 46 points.
Round 2 v Port: Polec kicks the winning goal after the siren, following a dodgy holding the ball decision against Dangerfield seconds before the final siren. Polec is awarded the Showdown medal, and says at the post match press conference, "Nice to get one up on those b******s."
Round 3 v Sydney: Kurt Tippett kicks 10 against his old side, and leads his side to a 57 point win. He later says at the post match press conference, "Nice to get one up on those b******s."

The 2007 Grand Final. I've lost count of the number of Cows' supporters I have met who are absolutely convinced that they would have beaten Geelong in the 2007 GF.

They seem to miss the fact that they were eliminated in the first week of the finals by Hawthorn who were in turn eliminated by Norf who we beat by 87 points in the Prelim. :rolleyes:
One of the guys I go to the footy with plays lawn bowls with a Port-hating Crows fan, who proudly has the number 119 displayed on both his bowling bag and bowling ball: referring of course to that dreadful day in September 2007. Typical Crows fan - more interested in the misfortune of other teams than the choking of his own team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. They have won 3 flags since 1958. Enough with the chest beating. They are an average football club at best.
Poor old Collingwood forever
We know how to lose a game
Noone loses more than we do
Every week's the same
We know nothing about winning
Though I s'pose we should
Oh the wooden spoon's a cakewalk
Down at poor old Collingwood

One of the guys I go to the footy with plays lawn bowls with a Port-hating Crows fan, who proudly has the number 119 displayed on both his bowling bag and bowling ball: referring of course to that dreadful day in September 2007. Typical Crows fan - more interested in the misfortune of other teams than the choking of his own team.

I've lost count of the number of times Crows fans have had a go at me about 119 and bay covers. Undoubted humiliations that the Crows had nothing to do with. It's been years - about 8 years in fact - since a single one of them has mentioned the only serious thing they can actually hold over us, the 2005 Showdown final drubbing. Incredible.

As I mentioned on TPFP Phil, my response to those idiots is "we were 119 points closer than your mob"

I had a really close friend who I worked with and he had a picture of the scoreboard proudly displayed at his work station - he is also a lawn bowler and it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same bloke.

As I mentioned on TPFP Phil, my response to those idiots is "we were 119 points closer than your mob"

I had a really close friend who I worked with and he had a picture of the scoreboard proudly displayed at his work station - he is also a lawn bowler and it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same bloke.

One of our friends had a photo of that scoreboard after the 2007 grand final as her profile picture on Facebook in 2011. She did support us when we played Collingwood in last years elimination final while we cringed at the Federal election result. She told me that she was embarrassed about the 19th man tv commercial of theirs & preferred our 'we will never give up' commercial.
I read that cow whingefest thread yesterday & was cringing. I liked it our our posters wrote on their board trying to talk some sense into them. What annoys me is the names they give our team, 'Poort', 'Poort Powah', 'Paps' & some idiot was calling us smears. I have also seen similar insults on Facebook & their incorrect spelling makes me cringe. My in laws are cow fans & my MIL has threatened to buy our son cow gear at our baby shower & when we were in hospital. Most of them have never been to a cow game, I might have to remind them of that.
My son was signed up as a Port member at 5 days old. He is now 7 months old & during the news last night he began laughing during the Dangerfield interview.

I read that cow whingefest thread yesterday & was cringing. I liked it our our posters wrote on their board trying to talk some sense into them. What annoys me is the names they give our team, 'Poort', 'Poort Powah', 'Paps' & some idiot was calling us smears. I have also seen similar insults on Facebook & their incorrect spelling makes me cringe. My in laws are cow fans & my MIL has threatened to buy our son cow gear at our baby shower & when we were in hospital. Most of them have never been to a cow game, I might have to remind them of that.

So you're complaining about the nicknames they give us and then you proceed to call them the cows?

So you're complaining about the nicknames they give us and then you proceed to call them the cows?
I think he did that in spite of the situation knowing they would keep up with the crappy nicknames.

One of our friends had a photo of that scoreboard after the 2007 grand final as her profile picture on Facebook in 2011. She did support us when we played Collingwood in last years elimination final while we cringed at the Federal election result. She told me that she was embarrassed about the 19th man tv commercial of theirs & preferred our 'we will never give up' commercial.
My son was signed up as a Port member at 5 days old. He is now 7 months old & during the news last night he began laughing during the Dangerfield interview.
Earlier today I read some of the tripe on the Crows board, complaining about all the positive media about Port of late. PLEASE!!!!! When the Crows were flying in 2012, I'm sure a lot of nice things were said and written about them. But now the shoe is firmly on the other foot, and they clearly don't like it. Gee I hope we cream them on Saturday week!!!!!

Earlier today I read some of the tripe on the Crows board, complaining about all the positive media about Port of late .....
That's a pretty tame description of posts there, especially if you are referring to the 'When did Adelaide change?' thread. They are frothing at the mouth. Reading a page or two is a guilty pleasure, any more is just disturbing - these people largely live amongst us.

Last edited:
Earlier today I read some of the tripe on the Crows board, complaining about all the positive media about Port of late. PLEASE!!!!! When the Crows were flying in 2012, I'm sure a lot of nice things were said and written about them. But now the shoe is firmly on the other foot, and they clearly don't like it. Gee I hope we cream them on Saturday week!!!!!

Same Phil & that they lose to Sydney after the last kick of the day via a goal from Tippett.

Status
Not open for further replies.