News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of things...

The red is good, but the SANFL one was better, and correct order of hoops. It's a little annoying that we need 3 jumpers, and then a 4th, when 3 probably does the same thing.

Bit of a clash with Hawthorn, doesn't help that they don't really have a dark home jumper, which is what the clash is dark vs. light/bright, but I guess that is up to them, do they have a lot of other clashes or just us?

I thought we were both about the same leaning towards bright.

That said, I don't think we should "have" to do anything special to fix it for this game until the AFL fixes all of the other clashes...

Collingwood vs. Essendon, Geelong vs. Collingwood, letting Port add a big white number panel on a black jumper and then wearing it against teams with white jumpers.

I'd have been happy if we all had a dark jumper and a white jumper, fine, great contrast, easy to watch... but if we're not all following the same standards how about the AFL fix some other problems first and then loop back around to us for this one.

I would prefer that we had 2 jumpers, our traditional jumper and a clash jumper.

Our traditional jumper should be worn for all home and away games except for an away game where there is a clash in jumpers

3 jumpers, home, away and clash jumper is ridiculous

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That said, I don't think we should "have" to do anything special to fix it for this game until the AFL fixes all of the other clashes...

Collingwood vs. Essendon, Geelong vs. Collingwood, letting Port add a big white number panel on a black jumper and then wearing it against teams with white jumpers.
Interesting how we have to wear red instead of navy vs Hawthorn in yellow, yet immediately after our game two teams can take the field in 80% black guernseys with white numbers.

Red jumper sounded good in theory, but in reality it just doesn’t work for this game.

Best option would be us in full home with Hawks in white shorts to create a better dark/light contrast, regardless of whose home game it is. Failing that we probably still need a white jumper for this game only.

I think the club picked this jumper to wear because last year they mentioned they wanted to put more meaning behind their home jumper to make it someothing a young player needs to earn and aspire to wear and were only going to wear the home jumper at Adelaide Oval for premiership points/Finals, and not preseason or away games

I think the club picked this jumper to wear because last year they mentioned they wanted to put more meaning behind their home jumper to make it someothing a young player needs to earn and aspire to wear and were only going to wear the home jumper at Adelaide Oval for premiership points/Finals, and not preseason or away games

I’ve seen that theory floated but if that was the case you’d think we would have worn the gold jumper against Sydney in round 2. They definitely mentioned wearing the home jumper for premiership points only, but I’m not sure it was specifically for just home games.

The AFL has considered our home jumper a clash with Hawthorn for well over a decade now so feels to me more like they just said we needed a third strip for that game. A red jumper would still be fine if it was overwhelmingly red. Needs less hoops, and probably red shorts too. I’ve put this concept forward before and I think it keeps the general feel of our home jumper while making the alternates a more dominant colour to help with contrast.

EDE1E059-4B5D-4462-8B7F-9A83E55FC405.jpeg

I’ve seen that theory floated but if that was the case you’d think we would have worn the gold jumper against Sydney in round 2. They definitely mentioned wearing the home jumper for premiership points only, but I’m not sure it was specifically for just home games.

The AFL has considered our home jumper a clash with Hawthorn for well over a decade now so feels to me more like they just said we needed a third strip for that game. A red jumper would still be fine if it was overwhelmingly red. Needs less hoops, and probably red shorts too. I’ve put this concept forward before and I think it keeps the general feel of our home jumper while making the alternates a more dominant colour to help with contrast.

View attachment 1113393
Nice work, but personally, I never want to see Adelaide in red shorts.

Great YouTube channel!

Don't think home games had anything to do with it, it was just a premiership points thing. The intention is to wear the "home" jumper in as many premiership games as possible, so even away games, our preference is always the navy unless we are forced to change.

The AFL has considered our home jumper a clash with Hawthorn for well over a decade now

Seems strange the Adelaide/Hawthorn are deemed a clash because of the yellow and 'dark' colours, Adelaide/Richmond are deemed a clash because of the yellow and 'dark' colours, but not Hawthorn/Richmond... (other than the obvious Vic 'tradition')

Don't think home games had anything to do with it, it was just a premiership points thing. The intention is to wear the "home" jumper in as many premiership games as possible, so even away games, our preference is always the navy unless we are forced to change.
Correct we should be wearing our main jumper at every opportunity for points or finals

I for one think our home guernsey has been well-made this year. Nice deep navy rather than blue, saturated red, and true gold rather than yellow.

Sometimes I feel like the AFL doesn't want to see us in our home jumper while 'intruding' on Victorian territory and will find any excuse to put us in the away jumper, while they will find any excuse to allow horrible clashes between two Victorian home jumpers. They see what they want to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good new indigenous jumper...O’Neils seems to produce some decent pieces
Looks good, a shame that none of our indigenous players will get to wear it on field for us, as one has been delisted, one is injured for the year, one is injured every few weeks and the other is super raw and not ready for AFL yet

Looks good, a shame that none of our indigenous players will get to wear it on field for us, as one has been delisted, one is injured for the year, one is injured every few weeks and the other is super raw and not ready for AFL yet

Wont be worn till the Collingwood game..I am sure at least McAdam will be back in by then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back