Crows = No longer team for all South Australian's

Remove this Banner Ad

It's only a bit of marketing sleight of hand. They don't claim all South Australians barrack for them, but that they can because they're not affiliated to a single SANFL club (eg Port Adelaide) or any of those evil interstate clubs.

wharfie_1870 said:
One game is enough to disprove, or at least cast significant doubt, on the Cows claim.

and 11 is enough to prove, or at least strengthen, the claim... :D

Average Home Match Attendances 2004

11 Home Matches each

Adelaide - 39,878 (12th)

PAPS - 29,877 (1st)

now we all know Adelaide have a bigger supporter base, so why this argument gets dragged up is tiresome.

Its a slogan, its catchy, its controverisal!

We claim to be "The Team For All South Australians," Port Power claim to have tradition prior to 1997...no real biggy! They're just "claims" after all...

Tyson20 said:
We claim to be "The Team For All South Australians," Port Power claim to have tradition prior to 1997...no real biggy! They're just "claims" after all...
You barrack for PAFC in the SANFL? PAFC doesn't have a team in the SANFL. Maybe you mean you used to barrack for the PAFC in the SANFL.

Anyway, why don't you follow the Power?

Tyson20 said:
and 11 is enough to prove, or at least strengthen, the claim... :D
Average Home Match Attendances 2004
11 Home Matches each
Adelaide - 39,878 (12th)
PAPS - 29,877 (1st)
now we all know Adelaide have a bigger supporter base, so why this argument gets dragged up is tiresome.
So now you are claiming that on average 29,877 Cows supporters attend each Power home game :rolleyes:
Take a look at that big hole you have just blasted in your foot :)
Tyson20 said:
Its a slogan, its catchy, its controverisal!
and Cows' supporters claim Power supporters are arrogant.

Tyson20 said:
No, the PAFC correctly claims to have a tradition prior to entering the Power in the AFL in 1997.

Wharfie, your stupid and childish comments are very tiring.
Its a slogan, get over it! None of your fellow Power supporters have an issue with this so why do you continue on with these stupid and time wasting comments.
Shouldnt you be at school anyway?

Grolm37 said:
wow one game well done mate did you look that up all by yourself ???

maybe we should change to slogan to " The team for all south australians who dont support Port Power or one of the other interstate teams or who just follow local footy"

You missed out non-South Australians who support the Crows.......but hey, they're already not included by the Crows anyway.... ;)

Port1978 said:
You missed out non-South Australians who support the Crows.......but hey, they're already not included by the Crows anyway.... ;)

ok

The Team For all South Australians and Non South Australian Crow Supporters (including interstate and international and if possible universally) but doesnt include Port Power (or whatever you name is ), People who support interstate sides or people who only follow local football on any level.

have i got that right

we could just Make it - Adelaide Crows - 700,000 people cant be wrong

Grolm37 said:
ok

The Team For all South Australians and Non South Australian Crow Supporters (including interstate and international and if possible universally) but doesnt include Port Power (or whatever you name is ), People who support interstate sides or people who only follow local football on any level.

have i got that right

we could just Make it - Adelaide Crows - 700,000 people cant be wrong
Or maybe;

Adelaide Crows - 700,000 people cant be wrong but they could be stupid.

;)

Pred said:
You barrack for PAFC in the SANFL? PAFC doesn't have a team in the SANFL. Maybe you mean you used to barrack for the PAFC in the SANFL.

Anyway, why don't you follow the Power?

To you the PAFC doesnt exist in the SANFL, but to me they do!

I supported, and have been a member of, the AFC from the very birth of the club, im not one for jumping ship as soon as another team comes along. In my eyes, the Power were born for the purpose of the AFL, and the PAFC continue on in the SANFL, as normal. Ive been a diehard Maggies supporter since i could walk and they will always be the PAFC in my eyes, and the Power are their offspring...with more money :D

its purely how i see it, no one will ever be able to tell me otherwise (trust me, mates have tried :p ), and whilst i dont have the same hatred for the Power that many a Crows supporter does, i certainly do not support them in any way, never have, never will! I'd feel dirty... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson20 said:
To you the PAFC doesnt exist in the SANFL, but to me they do!

I supported, and have been a member of, the AFC from the very birth of the club, im not one for jumping ship as soon as another team comes along. In my eyes, the Power were born for the purpose of the AFL, and the PAFC continue on in the SANFL, as normal. Ive been a diehard Maggies supporter since i could walk and they will always be the PAFC in my eyes, and the Power are their offspring...with more money :D

its purely how i see it, no one will ever be able to tell me otherwise (trust me, mates have tried :p ), and whilst i dont have the same hatred for the Power that many a Crows supporter does, i certainly do not support them in any way, never have, never will! I'd feel dirty... ;)
I see.

You poor b@stard.

You may find this useful.

Everything old is new again?

Originally Posted by Pred
------------------------------------------------------------------------
They do now. The Magpies have gone back to the name that has been on my scarfe for over 30 years; The Port Adelaide Football Club SANFL

Blue Red and Gold said:
Wharfie, your stupid and childish comments are very tiring.
oooooooooooooooo, touch a nerve did I fruit tingle man :D
Blue Red and Gold said:
Its a slogan, get over it! None of your fellow Power supporters have an issue with this.......
So I started this thead did I :confused: BTW last time I looked this was the Port Adelaide board.

Blue Red and Gold said:
so why do you continue on with these stupid and time wasting comments.
Please oh great superior intellect point out the stupidity in my very rational argument :rolleyes:

Blue Red and Gold said:
Shouldnt you be at school anyway?
No, actually I gave up teaching some years back because I was sick of wasting my time trying to educate smart @rse prlcks (sic) like you

Re: Everything old is new again?

beenreal said:
Originally Posted by Pred
------------------------------------------------------------------------
They do now. The Magpies have gone back to the name that has been on my scarfe for over 30 years; The Port Adelaide Football Club SANFL

The confusion continues.

If the two clubs could be joined, then there would be no confusion.
Then we could develop youngsters even better.

Jars458 said:
The owner of your AFL licence won't let that happen. That is the SANFL clubs.
Yeah yeah.
I've heard all the arguments for and the ones against.
I'm a for man, and nothing gonna change that.

If people put their mind to it, it could happen. However, the SANFL being the SANFL will take 10-20 years to decide anything anyway, just like it did with the VFL/AFL entry bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back