List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Whiting ‏@AFL_mikewhiting 4m
Jarrod Harbrow (2017), Danny Stanley (2016) and Alex Sexton (2016) all re-sign with Gold Coast #afl #suns
Updated. Off contract players (as far as we're aware) are now Smith, Sumner, Hunt, Russell, Bennell, Warnock, May, Taylor, Nicholls (unconfirmed), Murphy, Allen, Matera, Hutchins, Rischitelli, Broughton and Bock. Five need to go and my guess at this point would be Hunt, Taylor, Murphy, Allen and Bock.

I don't think it would be his decision, more players have to go at the end of the year, I would of thought that Sexton was right in the mix with Allen and Taylor
Sexton has shown more at the senior level than Allen or Taylor ever have. I'd much rather delist a guy like Murphy ahead of Sexton.

I'm hanging on to Murphy for one more season just for his leadership qualities alone. I think with all our young kids coming through this year his experience is invaluable.

Do we still have to drop 5 with Browny gone?
Who do you delist ahead of Murphy then?

It is 4 at the moment but I'm fairly certain the club is going to upgrade one of their rookies at the end of the year. Josh Hall is the only rookie that actually needs to be upgraded or delisted. Let's just say the club decides to let J.Hall go, which 4 would you delist at the end of this season based on what you have seen so far?

I think Hutchins could be unlucky.

But it is too early to tell. I have a feeling the club will hang on to Jackson Allen for one more year if they can. His upside is enormous.

Jeremy Taylor might struggle - Possible rookie elsewhere though. He knows how to play, just has struggled to get routine with some unlucky injuries. Great athlete too.

Hunt
Taylor
Bock
Hutchins

Few possible trades in there too. So we could see the likes of Bennell (touch wood it doesn't happen) Russell or May being moved on to other clubs. I don't think any of the above except maybe Harley, are a strong possibility of going, but they are the ones who hold some trade value..

Boston will need to be upgraded so 5 will need to go

If Bennell leaves (hopefully not) we will get ripped off as neither WA team will have a low draft pick but that would drop it to 4

Hunt, is he doesn't play seniors on a regular basis this year
Taylor, just doesn't seem to have the ability
Murphy, others have surpassed him
????

If Bennell leaves (hopefully not) we will get ripped off as neither WA team will have a low draft pick but that would drop it to 4

????

Boston has another year on rookie list. And with his ankle injury might just be doing the club a favour by needing a third year on it.

Bennell I see could do a sneaky and go to Melbourne. Or maybe part of a 3 way trade? (hopefully not)

I was in the thinking Harley bennell had signed until 2015??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

????
Bock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article in today's Bulletin saying talks have stalled with Nicols at the moment. Sounding like the club will need to cough up some more $$$ if they want him to re-sign. Mentioned the club doesn't have a definite #1 ruck at this stage, playing a bit of cat and mouse it seems.

Also stated Bennell and May still up in the air. If any1 leaves for bigger bickies, for me it will be Bennell back to WA. Still think he's 60/40 to stay, but I rekon he is the most vulnerable to take an over the top offer.

Article in today's Bulletin saying talks have stalled with Nicols at the moment. Sounding like the club will need to cough up some more $$$ if they want him to re-sign. Mentioned the club doesn't have a definite #1 ruck at this stage, playing a bit of cat and mouse it seems.

Also stated Bennell and May still up in the air. If any1 leaves for bigger bickies, for me it will be Bennell back to WA. Still think he's 60/40 to stay, but I rekon he is the most vulnerable to take an over the top offer.
Is tommy worth more $$$ atm?
Well we don't know what there offering him - it'll be interesting to see ..

Is tommy worth more $$$ atm?
Well we don't know what there offering him - it'll be interesting to see ..

Wouldn't have thought so far he has built to much on his form from 2013, but granted he did have an interrupted pre season.

We will have a better knowledge of his worth when Gorro and Smith are back in the side

Smith will most likely be number one if Nicholls does not build on last years foundations

But an ACL is a serious injury, especially for a ruckman. We don't know how he is going to come back either :(

I love Tommy, a lot, but if he doesn't pick his game up a little he will find himself third string again. Although it is hard being the only ruck man in the team. Dicko will be back in 2 weeks, that should help him out.

Wouldn't have thought so far he has built to much on his form from 2013, but granted he did have an interrupted pre season.

We will have a better knowledge of his worth when Gorro and Smith are back in the side
He does seem still a bit underdone, starts well with his tackling and taking some grabs then fades, a fit Dixon would help him out too.

And if you don't wanna stay, then you're a pussy . . . . .

4653514-3x2-940x627.jpg

...... Cat

So what is the plan with all your talls like Dixon, Day etc? Which ones will be first 22 and which one or ones would you trade out? Gorringe doesnt seem to be able to cement his place and might need to move on to get a game? But obviously from the outside it hard to know the deal over there but whats the thought on all the talls?

So what is the plan with all your talls like Dixon, Day etc? Which ones will be first 22 and which one or ones would you trade out? Gorringe doesnt seem to be able to cement his place and might need to move on to get a game? But obviously from the outside it hard to know the deal over there but whats the thought on all the talls?

All of them have all had so many injuries and barely strung 6 games in a row.

Sam Day just signed,and I think Dixon did last year. Gorringe the most likely to go though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back