tigerT

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Surprised no one has sniffed this one out. Current young player will be "injured" for 12-16 weeks. One of the rising stars of the comp, would hurt the brand if it went public so they're stretching out an injury

Always thought this was the case but you just cannot name players these days willy nilly.

He is not the first and will not be the last.

Surprised no one has sniffed this one out. Current young player will be "injured" for 12-16 weeks. One of the rising stars of the comp, would hurt the brand if it went public so they're stretching out an injury

I don't think much else could hurt this guys "brand".

To be honest, I got him in fantasy and have watched him sit on the sidelines for 3 months with a "quad" injury, and have thought this could be the reason. However, I just feel like with all the sniping etc. from the media, the AFL would be wishing for a sacrificial lamb to drag over the coals to highlight their tough stance on drugs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for blokes like Tuck. I know the cops found him in a car but its rough for the AFL to protect blokes like Beams and Buddy while throwing him to the wolves.

They've no doubt covered up thing before and will continue to do so.

The AFL only threw Tuck to the wolves because they had no choice with the Police finding him etc. There was no hiding that fact after the Vic Police were involved.

Bear in mind they will sweep everything they can under the carpet when they have the option to not damage the brand and unless a similar incident to Tuck happens again be prepared to hear nothing but crickets chirping from Vlad and Co.

But isn't covering up increasing the chances of more blokes ending up like Tuck? Hear me out here - it's all well and good for the AFL to do what they see is in the player's best interests - put him in to rehab, tell the club doctor, don't test him past two x's, help conceal it from the public. Fair enough and good on them.

But you know what would be the biggest deterrent to a young player starting out, thinking he is king s**t? Watching a star like Franklin burn his career on coke. That would be in the playing groups best interests. An invaluable lesson on why to steer clear of drugs.

Instead, the AFL are more interested in the stars, and therefore themselves.

If a player has recorded a 3rd strike, we will know about it. It's entirely possible that this player has recorded two strikes and has been removed from football for a period of time to sort out the problem, but I betcha he has not recorded a 3rd strike

Hmmm really??

O.k then how many matches did Tuck miss when he recorded his second strike before the infamous 3rd that we all know about courtesy of the Police.

You sound like Vlad himself talking about the issue!!

To be honest, I got him in fantasy and have watched him sit on the sidelines for 3 months with a "quad" injury, and have thought this could be the reason. However, I just feel like with all the sniping etc. from the media, the AFL would be wishing for a sacrificial lamb to drag over the coals to highlight their tough stance on drugs.

I think they would be looking more for a lower profile - less likely to be a champ - player. Or as in the case of Tuck when it's virtually taken out of their hands by the player being caught outside of the AFL.

Hmmm really??

O.k then how many matches did Tuck miss when he recorded his second strike before the infamous 3rd that we all know about courtesy of the Police.

You sound like Vlad himself talking about the issue!!
I dont know. I didnt pay that much attention to his case. He didnt play a game that season did he? He possibly could have been removed from the game and told to focus on the rehab upon the 2nd strike, just like this person could have been. (or he might not have). I do recall that the season Tuck was outed (and other every season) there was loads of talk about a player who had recorded a 3rd strike, and typically the talk was focused on certain easy targets..............

You'd think that the AFL will wait until a Dylan Addison or a Nick Smith that not many people know about or care about get 3 strikes, and will then highlight them and kick them out, while protecting the guys like Buddy. They don't want to throw a high profile player under the bus, and frankly these rumours have been around forever, so who knows what's true anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back