Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardy suspended 10 weeks.. Big gamble now looks like our defence will be thin again at pass rusher early.. Was expecting 4-6 weeks personally

Hardy suspended 10 weeks.. Big gamble now looks like our defence will be thin again at pass rusher early.. Was expecting 4-6 weeks personally

No way they won't appeal.

NFL set the domestic violence suspensions at 6 weeks.

I've been thinking, should we trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Manziel? I think the Browns would be ready to trade at that price and he can sit behind Romo for a couple of years while he sorts his s**t out

Cleveland could easily settle for less than that in a years time depending on how things play out there. I would rather use our own late rounder on a project QB as opposed to giving it up for a somewhat known commodity.

Anyway, schedule is out, prime time games vs NYG, @NO, vs NYG and a MNF game @WAS

Thanksgiving is against Carolina, which is probably the last team I would expect to play on that day.

I've been thinking, should we trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Manziel? I think the Browns would be ready to trade at that price and he can sit behind Romo for a couple of years while he sorts his s**t out

I like Manziel as a backup development QB, but I wouldn't give up more than a 4th for him.

We rarely get 1:00 games, mainly because we are a big draw, and CBS want to have their games with us in prime times (main reason the Patriots game was not a Thanksgiving game) and Fox love having us as the 4:25 feature game for when they have the double header, all of our 4.25 games will be as the "feature" match for Fox that week.

The worst part of the draw is clearly playing Green Bay late in the season away rather than early. Would love to take that round 2 spot that Seattle got rather than playing them in December like we do.

Rapt with the Jones pick and we addressed an area of ultimate need without reaching as every mock draft had Jones going mid-late 1st Rd or very early 2nd.

I was watching at work from phone while reading Cowboys forums and everyone thought Philly was going to snare before us! Over joy when we got him though and cannot complain so far at all after our 1st pick.

I am surprised to see Gregory slide so much and would not be against trading up in the 2nd to get him as there is no way he will fall to us in the 2nd Rd with Pick 60.

happy we went defence first.

hopefully Clairbone can come back and give something (anything). with lee to return and Hardy coming off suspension, we should be better (on paper)

Been reported that they have already decided to decline Claibornes option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big fan of the move. It was well worth the punt at that stage so hopefully it works out. Very happy with the draft so far especially as I don't think our NFC East rivals did anything spectacular

Would rather have picked up a safety, cornerback or running back in the third than another offensive lineman though

I think the pick is fine. Doug Free's future replacement and backup.

Jay Ajayi is still available at RB, hopefully he's still on the board when we pick in the 4th.

Love our second pick. Risk/reward.

Were dying for a genuine pass rusher.

Was reported to be the best pure pass rusher in the whole draft but has some Red Flags which is why he slid to us regarding personal issues and what not but some sources have said he was not handled well at Nebraska off the field. Hopefully we can get him right as the pure potential of this bloke is massive and at Pick 60 he was a no brainer, heck i wanted to trade up to get him after yesterday as i gave little hope of him getting to us!

I am also loving the Chaz Green pick and remember Frederick was also considered a reach when we took him in the 1st Rd. I am giving us the total benefit of the doubt regarding the Green pick as our scouters have well and truly earned it with our current OL and Doug Free is on the decline who is flagged to much for holding.

Would rather have picked up a safety, cornerback or running back in the third than another offensive lineman though

Jones can play Safety and most likely will IMO.

RB in the 3rd was no chance as this draft has gems everywhere at RB deep and the best of what is left in Ajayi who is still there has injury concerns. I want Cobb from Minny if we take a RB in the 4th.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/05/01/secret-audio-randy-gregory-becomes-cowboy

Sounds like a decent kid. With sean lee back (touch wood), defense is looking a hell of a lot better

Was on the phone to JJ for 40mins before we drafted him and who knows what was said but it could not of been to bad.

Defense has been totally revamped now when we add a fit Lee , Hardy and now Gregory to this front line let alone Jones in the backfield, with the natural progression of Lawrence who really came on in the later part of last season i am excited that we have fed Marinelli decent kids to work with on defense and there still could be more coming! ;)

No RB actually drafted but we just signed Georgia Tech RB Synjyn Days as an UDFA. He is bruiser type back and big bodied with excellent yards after contact which compliments Randle who is the pure speed back.

Still interesting to see what we do regarding Peterson as he seems to be linked to us everywhere although i don't think we get him, BUT if we do land him by training camp i would be ecstatic.

There was little doubt in this draft that Marinelli was going to fed a heap of young defenders to choose from and that is exactly what we did for him with more defenders late in the draft taken. I doubt many make the actual 53 man final roster especially the German guy Nzeocha but no harm in giving them a go to see what we have to work with except with the later i reckon we could of got for free as an UDFA.

Very happy so far with this draft though and bring on the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back