Opinion Damian Barrett - Tigers 2014 was a complete waste!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sliding doors article.
Obvious statement
Obvious statement
Knee-jerk reaction
Knee-jerk reaction
Knee-jerk reaction
Obvious statement

Rinse and Repeat. I could write an article for the AFL of that quality if they wanted me too.

So is he a journalist or a commentator?

Useless at both.What a waste of time, shitful column. Clearly croc media is being paid shitloads just to load "product" on the AFL website. Should be looked at from a cost perspective. Better commentary on bigfooty imo.
He's a Parrot stating the obvious
Definitely a waste bc we lost to Melbourne
You just don't do this. They are such rubbish and we played their game plan for 13 weeks after all the free flowing footy we played in 2013. If we are gifted the get out of jail card and win tomorrow we can count our lucky stars
Still think we should have finished fifth. The recruiting of Hampson was damaging as we felt obliged to playing him which in the end messed up our ruck /fwd structures and we were playing one man short too often
Definitely agree with Damien Parrot

He's a Parrot stating the obvious
Definitely a waste bc we lost to Melbourne
You just don't do this. They are such rubbish and we played their game plan for 13 weeks after all the free flowing footy we played in 2013. If we are gifted the get out of jail card and win tomorrow we can count our lucky stars
Still think we should have finished fifth. The recruiting of Hampson was damaging as we felt obliged to playing him which in the end messed up our ruck /fwd structures and we were playing one man short too often
Definitely agree with Damien Parrot

You on the juice again?

Its funny, you can see the media have shifted there feeling for us. A lot more now, just love to mock us or kick the boots in. They realise our rebuild had substance and it wont be to long now before we are playing finals consistently, they dont want that to happen. They remember the 70's and early 80's when we were hated but did not give a s**t as we hated everyone else. It was either be Richmond or piss off.

Can not wait for those days to come again.

The article achieved it sole aim, to be talked about.

When has Barrett ever written an article with substance?

His Crocmedia should not be allied with the AFL.

I can not wait for the off season trades and the snorefest that trade radio is with the "List Manager" Terry Wallace!

The AFL media like to make out as if every club is in an episode of the Bold and the Beautiful. Seriously, the majority of commentators overreact so much in footy, it's ridiculous.

It doesn't seem like this in many other sports, where journalists and commentators will tell clubs how to play. I remember watching the World Cup show on SBS with Fos and Les and they actually analysed the games properly (just an example) and didn't really criticise the way teams played so much. Compare that to the 'serious' Talking Footy, and it leave it for dead. Talking Footy shows stats from the last 2 weeks a team has played well compared to the 8 weeks prior where they didn't, which doesn't seem fair. Or, shows one incident that is supposed to show the way a team has played the whole match when you know in reality that's not how the game was played.

I dunno, I've lost interest in reading about what these professionals have to say about AFL and would much rather read what supporters have to say.

The AFL media like to make out as if every club is in an episode of the Bold and the Beautiful. Seriously, the majority of commentators overreact so much in footy, it's ridiculous.

It doesn't seem like this in many other sports, where journalists and commentators will tell clubs how to play. I remember watching the World Cup show on SBS with Fos and Les and they actually analysed the games properly (just an example) and didn't really criticise the way teams played so much. Compare that to the 'serious' Talking Footy, and it leave it for dead. Talking Footy shows stats from the last 2 weeks a team has played well compared to the 8 weeks prior where they didn't, which doesn't seem fair. Or, shows one incident that is supposed to show the way a team has played the whole match when you know in reality that's not how the game was played.

I dunno, I've lost interest in reading about what these professionals have to say about AFL and would much rather read what supporters have to say.
We seem to be going down the path of the English tabloid media. I was living over there 10 or so years ago and those guys were rabid. We're not there yet but we're not far off and it's not for the best that's for sure. The whole ASADA thing has shown how thirsty the media are for a bad news story despite most of us being completely over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett is a tosser, and anyone who takes the s**t he dribbles is deluded

There are only two reasons he is dribbling this s**t:

1) its the safe bet - we lose he's the all knowing prophet of footy wisdom, we win and we just did what he said we should do anyway. Either way, he is "right"

2) his side of epic flogs in Norf is about to be bundled out of the finals, again. This should be a bigger story, this side as been up for how long now, and its just not progressing, and its older decent players are coming to the end. Instead, he makes the story of 2014 about our failings, and the flogs at Norf avoid scrutiny again

So is he a journalist or a commentator?

Useless at both.What a waste of time, shitful column. Clearly croc media is being paid shitloads just to load "product" on the AFL website. Should be looked at from a cost perspective. Better commentary on bigfooty imo.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

If we were in the same situation (finals contention) but werent playing a top 8 team i wonder if he'd be saying the same thing? its basically an arse cover because he knows theres a 90% chance we'll lose, so he has a better chance of saying "i told you so"

Had we not have had the 3-10 start, these issues would not have come to light and could have been exposed when it might have been a little too late.

Is that you JR8 ? Agree with the comment though...

‏@barrettdamian I suggest anyone who is everyone and has a Twitter account remembers this for 24 hours time. For if we win I expect it to be inundated with hateful comments directed towards the flog and he can't whinge because he opened himself up to it with this drivel.

Just send him your avatar _RT_ ,would say it all really....

Wouldn't worry too much about what Barrett or any other clown thinks, you blokes have just come back from a discombobulated sort of start to the season to win nine on the trot and beat the top side away in the last round, if you don't mind! I know they rested a couple, but that's beside the point, with the finals on the line, you got the job done. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back