Dangerfield to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd imagine a compensation pick is still a compensation pick and a team would be free to do what they wish with it.

You would think but this is the AFL we are talking about…….:cool:

Go Catters

OP looking like a genius right now .. Melbourne certainly have the trade assets to get a trade for Danger now and the interest is very strong from the Dees.

Crows sound like they are prepared to trade him if Dangerfield wants out ..

OP looking like a genius right now .. Melbourne certainly have the trade assets to get a trade for Danger now and the interest is very strong from the Dees.

He ain't getting success at Melbourne and why would we want 2 18 year olds?

He ain't getting success at Melbourne and why would we want 2 18 year olds?

While I agree he's not coming to us, you don't know if he'd get success at Melbourne or not.

Also you would get two 18 year old players to help rebuild your club because you would need to rebuild or you can trade those picks again somewhere else.

While I agree he's not coming to us, you don't know if he'd get success at Melbourne or not.

Also you would get two 18 year old players to help rebuild your club because you would need to rebuild or you can trade those picks again somewhere else.
I understand that those 18 year olds might help us in the long term but you don't trade a present superstar for some who have potential. It wouldn't send the right message to the fans.

Yea who knows when Melbourne will have a successful period but do you think you will in the next 5 years?

I understand that those 18 year olds might help us in the long term but you don't trade a present superstar for some who have potential. It wouldn't send the right message to the fans.

Yea who knows when Melbourne will have a successful period but do you think you will in the next 5 years?

It will be a lot quicker with Danger in our team

I know Adelaide's not exactly full of the sharpest tools in the shed but it wouldn't be too hard to sell picks 2 and 3 to the fans if you were 99% confident Dangerfield wasn't signing a contract extension post 2015. In fact once you get a new coach I'd say it would be up to that new coach as well as the footy manager to sit down with Dangerfield and if not put an ultimatum to him then at least get a really good idea of his interest in staying long term. If it's not 80% or more keen to stay then it's time to trade him. Melbourne and likely Collingwood would probably both have decent offers.

Anyway I still think it's just a fantasy for Melbourne supporters. You're right our success is likely a long way off and I would be reluctant about giving up picks 2 and 3 for that reason. Dangerfield would likely lean towards an offer from Collingwood presuming they offer Adelaide pick 5 and either a second rounder or whatever else they can get for Beams anyway.

It's not trading him because you want to though, it's trading him because you think he's going next year and want something that resembles adequate compensation rather than the less than mediocre one you'll get next year.

If Adelaide is convinced that he's staying and want to take the risk then that's on them, however Melbourne is offering them an exceptional chance to rebuild their club that they likely won't get again.

Also yes I do think that we'll have success in the next 5 years, we're no where near as bad as people seem to be making out.

I know Adelaide's not exactly full of the sharpest tools in the shed but it wouldn't be too hard to sell picks 2 and 3 to the fans if you were 99% confident Dangerfield wasn't signing a contract extension post 2015. In fact once you get a new coach I'd say it would be up to that new coach as well as the footy manager to sit down with Dangerfield and if not put an ultimatum to him then at least get a really good idea of his interest in staying long term. If it's not 80% or more keen to stay then it's time to trade him. Melbourne and likely Collingwood would probably both have decent offers.

Anyway I still think it's just a fantasy for Melbourne supporters. You're right our success is likely a long way off and I would be reluctant about giving up picks 2 and 3 for that reason. Dangerfield would likely lean towards an offer from Collingwood presuming they offer Adelaide pick 5 and either a second rounder or whatever else they can get for Beams anyway.
Alright mate let's just let this play out in the next couple of weeks.

It's not trading him because you want to though, it's trading him because you think he's going next year and want something that resembles adequate compensation rather than the less than mediocre one you'll get next year.

If Adelaide is convinced that he's staying and want to take the risk then that's on them, however Melbourne is offering them an exceptional chance to rebuild their club that they likely won't get again.

Also yes I do think that we'll have success in the next 5 years, we're no where near as bad as people seem to be making out.
Alright I think going by Nobes' interview on Trade Radio, Danger has indicated that he wants to stay long term. But it could change over the next couple of weeks. So lets just let it play out.

Btw I can't wait until this trade period is over because it normally isn't a good part of the year for us.

The thing about Dangerfield for Adelaide is that it would kill them if he announced he was leaving after all the turmoil there in the last few weeks.

If he leaves, it will be for a massive deal which, once done, may actually satisfy the Crows fans.

Massive like Dangerfield, 10 and 30 for 2, 3 and 23 ... pending Frawley.

Made the above up, but then we could ontrade 30 for Lumumba?

If they could get that over the line, they can turn on the spin about free agency and keeping Sloane/Tex.

If they can't get a deal that satisfies him and them, then they always wanted to keep Dangerfield and put up a strong show for their fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't see Dangerfield going to the Demons...unless he's willing to miss out on finals for the next few seasons

If he wants to win a premiership, his best option would be Geelong

Geelong's best 22 consists of:

Enright - 33 (as of Dec 31 2014)
Johnson - 31
Bartel - 31
Kelly - 31
Lonergan - 30
Mackie - 30
McIntosh - 30
Rivers - 30

He might get a top 4 finish or two in the next couple of years but they won't be competing for premierships for the rest of his career at Geelong.

I hope that Dangerfield stays at the Crows long term. The AFL haven't thought through free-agency before implementation. The average to weaker clubs are merely a breeding ground for the big clubs, who can pick the best ripened fruit.

Have Adelaide put a mega offer of Buddy proportions to Dangerfield? If not, who's taking up all the salary cap space? And if Dangerfield's management have deferred re-signing until the end of next year, there's an 85% chance you'll lose him to free agency.

I hope that Dangerfield stays at the Crows long term. The AFL haven't thought through free-agency before implementation. The average to weaker clubs are merely a breeding ground for the big clubs, who can pick the best ripened fruit.

Have Adelaide put a mega offer of Buddy proportions to Dangerfield? If not, who's taking up all the salary cap space? And if Dangerfield's management have deferred re-signing until the end of next year, there's an 85% chance you'll lose him to free agency.
Oh come on you can't expect him to sign 12 months before he is out of contract.

What because a coach was sacked? FFS this happens at every Club.
No mate let them have this ;)
It doesn't usually happen after the season has finished owing to a stray Director and carried out by an administration that many Crows fans openly admit is dysfunctional.

This is supposed to be sarcasm right?
No I'm saying players like Pendlebury are out of contract so why not badger him? It's in his best interests to not sign now.
But all free agents in the past few years have signed midway through their final season to the trade period.

If Adelaide believe danger will not commit long term they should take Melbourne up on some sort of offer.
Perhaps Adelaide receive Trengove, pick 2 and 3 and Melbourne receive dangerfield and adelaides 2nd rounder.
Adelaide could draft lever and wright and hope they can develop like franklin and roughead
Melbourne supporters get a franchise player and a pick they might use on OBrien while Adelaide get a local boy and two terrific draft choices for the future.

But theres still the factor of why on earth would he want to play for melbourne... seriously? This rumour is ridiculous. If it comes down to it he would tell the club hes staying rather than going there. Dees fans by all means keep dreaming though

If Adelaide believe danger will not commit long term they should take Melbourne up on some sort of offer.
Perhaps Adelaide receive Trengove, pick 2 and 3 and Melbourne receive dangerfield and adelaides 2nd rounder.
Adelaide could draft lever and wright and hope they can develop like franklin and roughead
Melbourne supporters get a franchise player and a pick they might use on OBrien while Adelaide get a local boy and two terrific draft choices for the future.

We aren't giving up picks 2, 3 and Trengove or 2, 3 and Toumpas for Dangerfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back