Dangerfield Vs Cotchin Vs Fyfe

Who would you have in your side ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing injured dragged Cotchin's rating down significantly last year.

Based on this year I'd go Fyfe, Cotchin, Dangerfield.
Cotchin has beat up on few week teams in the last couple of weeks and accumulate meaningless cheap posessions. Fyfe clearly having the best year of the three thus far.

I originally voted Danger as he was the player that had the attributes I wanted most on my team. He looked like he would be the best and most damaging player. Fyfe however has really gone on while the other two (for what ever reasons, injury so on) have stagnated a bit.

Will be very interesting to look back at this comparison at the end of their careers and see who has done the most

Cotchin has beat up on few week teams in the last couple of weeks and accumulate meaningless cheap posessions. Fyfe clearly having the best year of the three thus far.

Yes, but he also played well against Sydney 3 weeks ago. Dangerfield's bashed the minnows this year too though. Remember his 33 disposal, 5 goal game against GWS earlier in the year?

Yes, but he also played well against Sydney 3 weeks ago. Dangerfield's bashed the minnows this year too though. Remember his 33 disposal, 5 goal game against GWS earlier in the year?
I think you're just looking at stats in that Sydney game. Cotchin was the 1-2 and sideways chip king early in that game and wasn't damaging at all. He also didn't touch the ball in the last quarter when the game was there to be won. Y

es but he's also played well and won the game against top 8 quality sides, something Cotchin hasn't done.

BOG vs Collingwood and 2nd BOG in the showdown

Fyfe has had more impact on results though.

Yep, probably wouldn't argue against that. Cotch has been immense for us the last 7-8 weeks. Really stepped up and pushing back towards his 2012 form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, I love everything about Cotchin, would love him in my side!

As we'd gladly take Fyfe off your hands given the chance :D

Over the last 3 years I would rank them:

2012: Cotchin, Dangerfield, Fyfe
2013: Dangerfield, Fyfe, Cotchin
2014: Fyfe, Cotchin, Dangerfield

Dangerfield's 2012 was phenomenal. His 2012 rankings & stats at the end of the H&A were:
10th for total possessions with 600.
2nd for contested possession with 361.
1st for hardball gets with 184.
3rd for long kicks with 118.
4th for clearances with 147.
2nd for inside-50s with 128.
Kicked 22 goals & 8 behinds.
Had 8x 30-or-more possession games.
4th in total SC scores. 12th in total DT scores.
All this as a 22yo in his 1st year as a midfielder.

Last edited:
Dangerfield's 2012 was phenomenal. His 2012 rankings & stats at the end of the H&A were:
10th for possessions with 600.
2nd for contested possession with 361.
1st for hardball gets with 184.
3rd for long kicks with 118.
4th for clearances with 147.
2nd for inside-50s with 128.
Kicked 22 goals & 8 behinds.
Had 8x 30-or-more possession games.
4th in total SC scores. 12th in total DT scores.
All this as a 22yo in his 1st year as a midfielder.

It was phenomenal but cotchin's was even better. Cotchin was tagged for most of the year while Dangerfield ran around unchecked with Thommo wearing the tagger for him. Cotchin will be remembered as the brownlow medalist of that year and rightly so.

It was phenomenal but cotchin's was even better. Cotchin was tagged for most of the year while Dangerfield ran around unchecked with Thommo wearing the tagger for him. Cotchin will be remembered as the brownlow medalist of that year and rightly so.
Hahahhahahahah

Back