Toast Daniel Jackson. To the blind supporters...

Remove this Banner Ad

The value of building a side around Jackson/Tuck/Foley type tough, ball-winning senior mids, as opposed to downhill skiing 'stars' like Dal Santo and Montagna, was clearly on display yesterday.

Not even 1% of this board would have held onto Jackson and Tuck if we were offered a straight swap for Dal Santo and Montagna two years ago. Most would have happily added an abundance of draft picks and spent a lot of time gleefully fantasising about a midfield of Cotchin/Martin/Deledio/Dal Santo/Montagna on paper.

Players like Jackson, Foley and Tuck are the raw foundation of a bloody good cake, players like Dal Santo and Montagna are icing, self-evidently well and truly separated from the cake which allowed them to forge their reputations.

The value of building a side around Jackson/Tuck/Foley type tough, ball-winning senior mids, as opposed to downhill skiing 'stars' like Dal Santo and Montagna, was clearly on display yesterday.

Not even 1% of this board would have held onto Jackson and Tuck if we were offered a straight swap for Dal Santo and Montagna two years ago. Most would have happily added an abundance of draft picks and spent a lot of time gleefully fantasising about a midfield of Cotchin/Martin/Deledio/Dal Santo/Montagna on paper.

Players like Jackson, Foley and Tuck are the raw foundation of a bloody good cake, players like Dal Santo and Montagna are icing, self-evidently well and truly separated from the cake which allowed them to forge their reputations.
:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Daniel Jackson is on the couch in just a few minutes with Paul Roos Gerard Healy and Mike whats is name thingamy bob

This was off a website in 2005, QandA with Jacko:
My athletics times were: 100m 11.05sec, 400m 49.60 sec, 800m 1min 59sec and high jump I think was around 1m 70 or 75cm.

He was pretty quick, probably not as slow as people think.

This was off a website in 2005, QandA with Jacko:
My athletics times were: 100m 11.05sec, 400m 49.60 sec, 800m 1min 59sec and high jump I think was around 1m 70 or 75cm.

He was pretty quick, probably not as slow as people think.
He's got good pace once he's up and moving, but its his 0-5m or 0-20m time that makes him look slow which is so important in AFL. Also I reckon he's added a bit of bulk since he did those times which may have slowed him a bit also.

Me I'm a fan of Dans, either way you had to love those 3 goals on sunday. On the back of some good pressure from the beefy biscuit ;)

He's got good pace once he's up and moving, but its his 0-5m or 0-20m time that makes him look slow which is so important in AFL. Also I reckon he's added a bit of bulk since he did those times which may have slowed him a bit also.

Agreed, I'd stick with his size rather than his pace.
He's good at shrugging off a tackle through the hips, he did it 2 or 3 times on against the saints, and has done it a fair bit this year. In the past he would have been mowed down more often than not.

Jackson has benefited most from players like Ellis and Vlastuin coming through, don't know how, but his form has surprised me. Really starting to become a good player. I am stoked, it is really important for us!

This is his power section, brute strength and not many can hold him back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got me believing in him this season. Most of the terrible clangers have gone, has kicked some great goals, now has quality all around him to dish off to when under pressure (as mentioned above)..... and as always is still tough with a huge motor.

His side step and left foot lace out bullet to Vickery on the weekend was..... like.... someone else. Add to that a crazy banana goal last week against the dogs and a 50m+ bomb off two steps against the Saints.
Jacko? Is that really you? Loving it!

I questioned jacko a lot and would squirm every time he got the ball- where is it going to go I would ask and why is he hanging onto so long? but you need to look at his performances this season- he has forced me to eat humble pie- the fact that he is a statesman and a gentleman and concerned about issues is a bonus- he is the thinking mans player and a great addition to the team- well done on Dimma for perserving with him but you are only as good as your last game- with the rotations we have now we can rest him on the pine when needed, get into his ear and unleash the jack.....I like him

I'm a Jackson fan and have probably voted for him maybe 4-5 games at a guess but am guilty of overlooking him in the dogs game. I just found that a really hard game to vote.
Hope he does go top 3 he deserves it. Easily should be most consistent

I'm a card carrying member of the Jackson is a Spud club but won't be renewing my membership next season as Jacko has had without doubt his best season to date and on Sunday he was brilliant. Can't recall him playing a better game.

Still makes a few shocking errors and I hold my breathe when he is about to kick the footy but nobody can deny he has been one of our better players over the course of the season.

With our even spread performance wise if everything goes right he could poll a lot of votes, I can just imagine the shock in non-Richmond supporters if he gets 20 votes :D

Great timing to find his A-game! Just when we are developing real depth and competition for spots. I never doubted his endeavor though his finishing and decisions were painful to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back