Injury Daniel Menzel - Ankle ligament tear

Remove this Banner Ad

What a pointless article.He said in interviews on Friday night he was going under the knife today.The story makes it seem like more drama,but it isn't.
There are column inches to be filled JJ. That applies to the AFL too. Just focus on the 20% that is of some value. Or 0.2% in the Murdoch publications.;)

1 or 2 knee injuries yes, I can't remember 4 though.

Again, if it has been done please let me know. And he is still young enough.
Let's remember that he has done 3 on the left knee and 1 on the right. So it's not like he's done the same knee 4 times. In fact, the right knee was the first one he did in 2011 and it has not been re-injured since.

So assuming his right knee holds up, as it has for almost 3 years (longer healing and strengthening time), it's the left that is the issue.

I can think of one player to have 3 recos on the same knee recently. Anthony Morabito - and he is at full fitness and could be playing for Freo.

It's not impossible.

Let's remember that he has done 3 on the left knee and 1 on the right. So it's not like he's done the same knee 4 times. In fact, the right knee was the first one he did in 2011 and it has not been re-injured since.

So assuming his right knee holds up, as it has for almost 3 years (longer healing and strengthening time), it's the left that is the issue.

I can think of one player to have 3 recos on the same knee recently. Anthony Morabito - and he is at full fitness and could be playing for Freo.

It's not impossible.
The last injury was because of a LARS failure, wasn't it? or the failure of the LARS graft, or something....

Hey guys, Menzel posted this on Instagram earlier today. Says op went well. Good signs hopefully. I really hope Daniel can come back and continue where he left off. Was a gun. And hopefully one day we can get Daniel & Troy playing against each other at either end.
image.jpg

Hey guys, Menzel posted this on Instagram earlier today. Says op went well. Good signs hopefully. I really hope Daniel can come back and continue where he left off. Was a gun. And hopefully one day we can get Daniel & Troy playing against each other at either end.
View attachment 58934

Bloody hell - didn't realise we had traded him to the Dockers !!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-19/cats-commit-to-menzel

i Know some will think the club should cut him loose, and our list space can't afford to keep him... blah blah blah. I for one love that they have committed to him for next year:thumbsu:

C'mon menz get your body right and show the footy world why the club is keeping the faith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enormous credit to the kid too. His resilience after all he's been through is something to behold. Really hope all the misfortune is out of the way.

Yes, as I've said before, for mine it's as much about him now as it is about the club, and I really hope he makes it; if anyone deserves that reward, it's him, considering the pain and effort he's been through.

There are column inches to be filled JJ. That applies to the AFL too. Just focus on the 20% that is of some value. Or 0.2% in the Murdoch publications.;)
About time Jordan speaks to his dad and gets a few things sorted.

Morabito returned in the AFL for Freo this weekend. Was sub but looked pretty good. Look out because NAB Challenge 2015 Menzel will be chomping at the bit to get back out there and re-pay the team!
Bit of a similar player to Dan as well.
Dawes got him with a really aggro introductory tackle, but he was unscathed. Felt almost nervous watching him. Will be a nervous wreck when Menzel tries out his comeback.

Morabito returned in the AFL for Freo this weekend. Was sub but looked pretty good. Look out because NAB Challenge 2015 Menzel will be chomping at the bit to get back out there and re-pay the team!
The good thing is that Morabito played a good solid block of games in the WAFL before getting his AFL run, so it means he's been playing for a few months now (NB I'm not saying that AFL has stuffed Menzel at all- merely pointing out that Morabito has now played for a decent length of time and his knee has held up well.)
So far, so good! And I wish Menzel a similar smooth re-entry into football life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back