Recommitted Darcy Parish [RFA 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he'd walk into a club like Richmond and instantly become their best midfielder. Worth a look IMO.

Saints, Pies, Lions, Port, Cats, Richmond - Could use him, he gives you field position he's such a good 1st possession/clearance player.

We'd wouldn't want to trade him but I think it could be a win win
out of curiosity, why would you be happy for him to move on?

out of curiosity, why would you be happy for him to move on?
We need a different mix in our midfield, we're too similarly sized, I think adding a big body like Dunkley and giving more time to Hobbs and Caldwell serves us better going forward. But Parish is hardly a bad player to have on your list, the guy is clearly a super midfielder.

We need a different mix in our midfield, we're too similarly sized, I think adding a big body like Dunkley and giving more time to Hobbs and Caldwell serves us better going forward. But Parish is hardly a bad player to have on your list, the guy is clearly a super midfielder.
yeah fair enough

Merrett is the midfielder I would want from you guys, but if I was Essendon he is the untouchable one

What about moving McGrath instead of Parish? Although I assume McGrath's value wouldn't be anywhere near Parish's

yeah fair enough

Merrett is the midfielder I would want from you guys, but if I was Essendon he is the untouchable one

What about moving McGrath instead of Parish? Although I assume McGrath's value wouldn't be anywhere near Parish's

Yeah It's a value thing but also McGrath can play back, deep or as a running half back so he's versatile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah fair enough

Because McGrath nets less and he's more valuable.

yeah fair enough

McGrath is hopefully played in defence going forward. More valuable to the side than on the trade table. Merrett is obviously different to the other mids so he is needed.

It’s between Shiel and Parish. I personally want to keep Parish given his best is better than every mid except Merrett, but I also wouldn’t stand in his way if he wants to leave given he can return decent picks instead of leaving as a free agent next year.

He can win a Brownlow quite easily at a club like Richmond, Geelong, Port or Brisbane.

yeah fair enough

Merrett can play with Shiel or Parish in the side
Merrett can play with Shiel and McGrath in the side
Merrett seems to struggle when Shiel and Parish are in the side (McGrath or not)

tbh, the issue that has become apparent is that Shiel and Parish can't co-exist.
Parish was AA when Shiel was out. Shiel's best has been when Parish is out of the midfield (either playing more HF or out injured)

So it's trade Shiel (and lose a good professional leader for not a lot of return) or Parish (who has a lot of value in terms of a trade)

I don't see it being in anyone interests (except maybe Parish) to move this year. He's worth most likely a top 5 pick next year with the salary he would command. It would take a very desperate club to make a play this year (and dealing with Dodoro). Realistically would be a 2 top 10 picks type deal which noone should pay a year out from FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back