Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
C+ for me

We got Harry DeMattia at pick no.25 and Tew Jiath at pick no.37.

Was expected as we won the flag less than 2 months ago. DeMattia will be a fan-favourite as well as TJ.

A +

Added a future second-round pick at no cost, we now have a full deck of cards for 2024

Added 5 good-looking youngsters, clearly, we recruited for speed and skill

Took as risk with Schoenmaker’s but if he can behave himself he could be one of the steals of the draft.

Going B minus

Solid pick first up we need a ruck to take over from Brodie after he's done. Got that. I'd have personally gone with the sliding mid but get the pick.

Got Cleary an inside mid

Then took a developing defender that's got the body anyway to play games now.

B+ …. 4 athletic lads who fit the new system …. But would have liked a true mid at some point

Don't you already have too many inside mids? Rowlson from last year is an inside and barely got minutes there.

Other than North and Gold Coast, I liked

Geelong - if you can’t take a risk in the 30’s on someone with edwards upside, when can you take a risk?

St kilda - again, high risk high reward drafting. I think this was the year to do it.

Adelaide - can’t believe they got Curtin for that little (in terms of the cost to move up)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Cal aging, Rowston is the only one coming through …. So one more is needed soon

Maybe, I guess you can add one late anyway, at a pinch Callaghan can go inside a bit more. Actually liked your draft, Leake is a ridiculous value at that range and you needed a small forward with Bedford not a long term one. Key will be holding Leake when Tassie come in.

Yeah …. Finn will move more inside.

Why is Toby B not long term as a small forward?
Maybe, I guess you can add one late anyway, at a pinch Callaghan can go inside a bit more. Actually liked your draft, Leake is a ridiculous value at that range and you needed a small forward with Bedford not a long term one. Key will be holding Leake when Tassie come in.

C+ for me

We got Harry DeMattia at pick no.25 and Tew Jiath at pick no.37.

Was expected as we won the flag less than 2 months ago. DeMattia will be a fan-favourite as well as TJ.
Harsh. Did as good as anyone with the picks you had available.
A +

Added a future second-round pick at no cost, we now have a full deck of cards for 2024

Added 5 good-looking youngsters, clearly, we recruited for speed and skill

Took as risk with Schoenmaker’s but if he can behave himself he could be one of the steals of the draft.
Schoenmakers drops you down from an A to a C. Would be absolutely fifthly if Geelong took him if the rumours are to be believed.
Agree. Love the 2 backline players you grabbed and they compliment each other perfectly. I wanted both of them at Geelong

Probably a B

Midfielders and a Key Forward, all taken around the probable draft range.

The compromised (complex according to the AFL) draft didn't help with the 1st pick in the 2nd round drifting out to 30

With C being average, B because we targeted needs.

I am not unhappy with our picks but who knows with the crap shoot that is picks 15+.

Last edited:
st kilda l would give A now, getting riley bonner is great for saints, as now sinclair can play more in the middle.
He was the player l wanted

A

Curtin was an unbelievable get for us as no one thought we were ever a chance to grab a guy rated that highly with our picks. Considering we had pick 10 and it only cost us a 2 spot drop from 14 to 16 and a F2 to jump up to pick 7 to get him - amazing work by the club. This guy i he stays long term could become a club great

Edwards looks a very promising big bodied dynamic mid that we have been crying out for so fingers crossed he really works out

Ryan I knew very little of but now I have watched his body of work highlights, he looks like a hard at it dashing defender - our brodie smith mk2

Only downer was North cutting our lunch and taking Goad 1 pick before ours - We needed a project ruck and he has bags of upside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back