Trade Period 2023 - winners and losers

Remove this Banner Ad

think footscray will be losers in 12 months time with their future first having been traded to move up.
Only if Dogs finish bottom 4. I personally don't rate next years draft despite it's said to be a better talent. Much of that talent is tied to other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winners:
Swans good additions in spots that make sense
Port did well in the end to land their targets, traded OK for them
Bombers pickups nice (think McKay underrated in his importance, Gresh Prince also but he's a bit injury prone at the price point)
St Kilda: for some handy ins (Henry came on this year, Dow worth a throw at the stumps, Coffiele has talent but constant injury issues, Gresham compensation good)

Losers:
Reckon Schultz is very handy, but my Pies gave up a fair bit, and flicked Ginnivan for half a Mars Bar late on. Adams a shame from a character standpoint, but good for him 👍. Wait and see.
Melbourne: Landed Billings at the death who could be handy, but they lost a bit of depth and I don't overly rate Fullarton and McAdam personally (subjective)
Hawthorn maybe(?): Gunston on his last legs, gave up Ryan, Koschtizke (no world beaters, but at least have upside), Chol and D'Ambrosio didn't cost much but not sure what output level they'll get out of them. Ginnivan on the cheap seems OK. Don't know, just didn't love it overall, but the Hawks tend to know what they're doing, tbh.

Last edited:
I am happy with St Kildas FA/Tade peroid
  • Henry and Dow in
  • Got an End of First rounder as Gresham comp
  • Got Gresham and Billings off the books
  • Did the right thing for Coffield, sucks we lost him but it is what it is
I feel that Dow will be good in our midfield and Henry can be anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back