Grade your team's draft 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding Schoenmaker, it seems the clubs get it right when it comes to a major slide.

Given where he was picked, the odds are overwhelming that he will not amount to anything other than a VFL player at best.

Last edited:
Ahh Bigfooty never change.

Hilarious hearing how players were or weren’t drafted in their ‘expected’ range. Whose range is this, guys who post groupthink phantom drafts on message boards after watching a bunch of two minute clips of players?
Of the clips I have watched, I have 50 kids in the top 10.

Regarding Schoenmaker, it seems the clubs get it right when it comes to a major slide.

Given where he was picked, the odds are overwhelming that he will not amount to anything other than a VFL player at best.
Maybe check out shifters comments on Schoenmaker from night 2 of the draft.

Essendon fans - if both Curtin and Caddy were on the board at Essendon's pick, which was your club taking first. DOD looked p155ed when the crows picked Curtin.

This clip is hilarious to me. i thought it at the time it was released, and havent changed my mind.

If Geelong wanted Caddy, no way they wouldve done the deal. But they obv had O'Sullivan slightly ahead, so EFC gave up 31 for nothing.

Panic trade, with intel obv wrong...

This clip is hilarious to me. i thought it at the time it was released, and havent changed my mind.

If Geelong wanted Caddy, no way they wouldve done the deal. But they obv had O'Sullivan slightly ahead, so EFC gave up 31 for nothing.

And that pick is no throw away either!

Mannagh has great potential to be a mature age gun.

Kid has been overlooked for wayyy too long.
Last time we picked up a mature age Weribee bloke, it was James Podsiadly.

Mannagh is coming off BOG performance in VFL Grand Final.
28 disposals and 6 goals in a VFL Grand Final is insane. Kid has all the tools to be best 23 immediately

Maybe check out shifters comments on Schoenmaker from night 2 of the draft.
Why? Every kid is a star in his eyes.
I suggest you look at those players rated highly in previous drafts who were then passed on by all clubs a few times and have actually proven all clubs wrong. Particularly a kid picked around 60….

Why? Every kid is a star in his eyes.
I suggest you look at those players rated highly in previous drafts who were then passed on by all clubs a few times and have actually proven all clubs wrong. Particularly a kid picked around 60….
Only time will tell I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am very happy we did the trade to make sure we got Caddy, who was a big need for our list.
We couldn't risk doing nothing when other teams were making offers for Geelong's pick, and we could not have known for certain if Geelong were going to pick him or not. For instance they could of rated both Caddy/O'Sullivan fairly equally, but with a slight preference for Caddy. Our pick 31 might have been the deciding factor for them. It was just too risky to sit on our hands and do nothing when the next rated player on many draft boards was O'Sullivan, who is not a good list fit (we have more than enough tall defenders on the list - Ridley, Mckay, Hayes, Reid, Baldwin etc.).

Dodoro made the right move here IMO.

Last edited:
Ahh Bigfooty never change.

Hilarious hearing how players were or weren’t drafted in their ‘expected’ range. Whose range is this, guys who post groupthink phantom drafts on message boards after watching a bunch of two minute clips of players?
Some of those videos are three minutes.

He didn't slide on his ability. If he can pull his sh1t together then he's a reasonable prospect with no guarantees as usual.

He didn't slide on his ability. If he can pull his sh1t together then he's a reasonable prospect with no guarantees as usual.
Are you sure he didn't side on ability? I can't claim to have watched a ton of footage of him but he was listed as a key defender and I don't think I saw any footage of him defending anyone. Just linking up with marking and kicking on the flanks. Not sure how that translates to afl

Are you sure he didn't side on ability? I can't claim to have watched a ton of footage of him but he was listed as a key defender and I don't think I saw any footage of him defending anyone. Just linking up with marking and kicking on the flanks. Not sure how that translates to afl
Track watchers are fairly bullish on him so l tend to believe it was the other issues at play.
You can look at a guy like Ollie Murphy as an example of sliding 20 places due to queries on ability. Whilst Arie isn't the finished product, he slid almost 40 places and probably would have missed all together if the Saints hadn't taken the free hit. Similar happened with Zane Trew l think.

Track watchers are fairly bullish on him so l tend to believe it was the other issues at play.
You can look at a guy like Ollie Murphy as an example of sliding 20 places due to queries on ability. Whilst Arie isn't the finished product, he slid almost 40 places and probably would have missed all together if the Saints hadn't taken the free hit. Similar happened with Zane Trew l think.
Yeah sure, but your Zane Trew ain't exactly blowing the comp away.

I do like a redemption story though so all the best to the lad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back