Each Club's Draft Needs 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Port need a genuine goal kicking small forward to pair with Rioli.

Is there anyone with genuine speed and goal kicking ability that might be available late?

There will probably need to be concerns with commitment or fitness or something for them to be available at our picks so looking for a high risk/high reward target.

We already have the mediocre small forward covered

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
But you’ve got McEntee?

Port need a genuine goal kicking small forward to pair with Rioli.

Is there anyone with genuine speed and goal kicking ability that might be available late?

There will probably need to be concerns with commitment or fitness or something for them to be available at our picks so looking for a high risk/high reward target.

We already have the mediocre small forward covered

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thomas Anastasopoulos maybe - 21 goals from 11 talent league games.

Small forward is the highest priority.
Maybe....

I say a tall defender would be one. Well a mature aged one if possible.

Small forward would be nice. Walters is on his last legs. Frederick can kick 25-30 goals a season.

another outside mid or winger too. I would of actually Kept Nathan wilson or Travis Coyler or both for one more season.

Probably another genuine mid.Ward was good this year but at 34 next year we can’t be as reliant on him in 2024.While hopefully Rowston steps up I think we would pick Sanders if he is available but doubt he will be .Other main need is a genuine wingman with good aerobic capacity and speed would be great.With Cummings,Whitfield and Ash better suited as running defenders and Callaghan moving into midfield it would lead to a position on the wing opening up.Think we will be looking closely at Wilson and Windsor for this role.

Definitely a KPD.

I also feel like Sydney still need another young inside mid, though since we are getting Cleary we may not draft one with our pick 12. Also Sydney need a Rampe replacement but I am not sure how urgent that is.
With the elite mids gone by our first pick I can see us taking best available outside mid with our first and bidding on Cleary with our second possibly.Would be interesting call for Swans to make

Midfielders - replacing an ageing midfield. Need to add to a group including Holmes, and Jye Clark. It’s very thin for young talent.

Key Position Forward - Hawkins has one more year. Neale may or may not be his replacement. Either way, with Cameron also closer to the end than the beginning, we need another KPF.

Small defender - Bews is nearly done. The Irishman Mullin might be an option but he’s still raw.
Yeah agree, would love Sanders at our pick 8 but that's a bit of a pipe dream. A key forward we can work on would be good as well

I agree we need small defenders but you can pick up mids and throw them back there with limited development time. I would look at a couple of late selection kpd types that will take a while to work out or not work out at all. A Timm House / Ryan Gardner combo to roll the dice on. I wouldn't be too upset if O'Sullivan came to us either.

Probably another genuine mid.Ward was good this year but at 34 next year we can’t be as reliant on him in 2024.While hopefully Rowston steps up I think we would pick Sanders if he is available but doubt he will be .Other main need is a genuine wingman with good aerobic capacity and speed would be great.With Cummings,Whitfield and Ash better suited as running defenders and Callaghan moving into midfield it would lead to a position on the wing opening up.Think we will be looking closely at Wilson and Windsor for this role.
Yeah I hope we get the best mid (with pace if possible) available with our first pick this year and next …. Can look at other needs with a our late 1st this year

We need a MF to replace danger/guthrie/blicavs as clark holmes knevitt and bruhn is a good start but we need more.
We need both a mature ruck (maybe via SSP) and a project ruck as stanley is almost done and blitz is 33.
Need a key defender as we have no depth in the vfl and need a small defender to replace bews (oconnor can probably fill the hole for now but long term we need someone).

Dont need small fwds as we are well stocked there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we trade up we want impact players right now.
#1. Harley Reid
#3. Zane Duursma

Otherwise best available KPP, or Midfield depth
#6 Curtin, Sanders, O'Sullivan
#11 Caddy, Leake, Windsor, D. Wilson

Maybe....

I say a tall defender would be one. Well a mature aged one if possible.

Small forward would be nice. Walters is on his last legs. Frederick can kick 25-30 goals a season.

another outside mid or winger too. I would of actually Kept Nathan wilson or Travis Coyler or both for one more season.
Got three ticks, depending on how you view Cooper (and knowing we will add Sharp).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back