Trade Period 2023 - winners and losers

Remove this Banner Ad

They gave us two firsts for Shiel šŸ˜ƒ

We (Carlton) dodged a bullet with that:)

Can't brag much given we have also taken a lot of your discards over the years, although I am thrilled Caleb Marchbank has (touchwood) finally gotten over bloody unlucky run of injuries, he had a great finals series for us last year and hopefully will help hold the fort for us whilst Weitering is out.

Won't miss Plowman though, how the hell did he go #3 in his draft year? Jeez Louise

We (Carlton) dodged a bullet with that:)

Can't brag much given we have also taken a lot of your discards over the years, although I am thrilled Caleb Marchbank has (touchwood) finally gotten over bloody unlucky run of injuries, he had a great finals series for us last year and hopefully will help hold the fort for us whilst Weitering is out.

Won't miss Plowman though, how the hell did he go #3 in his draft year? Jeez Louise
You guys got burned by SOS as well ā€¦. Now itā€™s St Kildas turn

Good for you mate. It must feel good to get one over another club for a change, after getting fleeced for several of your good players
Only good one who we lost and wanted to keep was Cameron.
The sub-par ones, like Shiel, Smith, Stewart and Caldwellā€¦ enough said.
Not to mention guys like Edwards and Aylett.

Only good one who we lost and wanted to keep was Cameron.
The sub-par ones, like Shiel, Smith, Stewart and Caldwellā€¦ enough said.
Not to mention guys like Edwards and Aylett.

Fair enough. Most normal clubs would be pretty gutted losing guys like Taranto and a few others too, but I guess you just replaced him easily with Tom Green via the academy.

I agree with your assessment of several of those players too. And when you look at the original draft pick spent on them by GWS you have to scratch your head. You can add Setterfield at pick 5 and Hoskin-Elliott at 4 too

They gave us two firsts for Shiel šŸ˜ƒ
Shiel and a 2nd ;)

the long history of that deal

'18
Shiel and Bryan (via WCE/Geel trade)
for Bonar ('18) and Caldwell ('19)

'20
Caldwell, 44 and 74 for Fantasia pick and '21 2nd
'21 2nd was handed to Geel with Cameron (James Willis?)

Lost: Bonar, Fantasia & Willis
For: Shiel, Bryan & Caldwell

:)

Last edited:
Shiel and a 2nd ;)

the long history of that deal

'18
Shiel and Mosquito (gave us the fist pump meme)
for Bonar ('18) and Caldwell ('19)

'20
Caldwell, 44 and 74 for Fantasia pick and '21 2nd
'21 2nd was handed to Geel with Cameron (James Willis?)

Lost: Bonar, Fantasia & Willis
For: Shiel & Caldwell

:)
Sigh. How many times do I need to remind everyone that Mozzie wasn't part of the Shiel deal?

Last edited:
You guys got burned by SOS as well ā€¦. Now itā€™s St Kildas turn
I'm no fan of him, but the positive for Stkilda is that we are toward the end of the rebuild and not the start. SOS did very well for us this time around and it does look like the club has put in measures to curb his negative aspects. Time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back