Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have worked, was to a 2 on 1. Trac and Sparrow IIRC. One of many times during evening we ****ed up with extra numbers around the ball.
Yep, reminded me of those games up at the Gabba where Brisbane players would almost know we'd fumble it and let us get sucked into the ball to win it/pressure it. Brisbane would back their player to win it or handle it properly then whip it to the outside and they'd be away.

The fugly part about it was that nothing was surprising.
Could have easily been a replay of a 2022 or 2023 game.

Same bottom end players getting a game and doing * all. Sparrow, Chandler, Spargo. Billings looks to have slotted into that group nicely.
Still no strategy to get Rivers and Bowey more involved in the play up the ground.
Senior players still making all the same mistakes each of them usually makes.
No noticeable change whatsoever to the method going forward but that's hardly surprising, this is MFC under Goodwin.
Schache being picked as CHF and back up ruck is a total embarrassment.

On the positive side, Howes was impressive after a slightly nervous start. Windsor showed plenty and you'd expect him to have some really good games at times this year based on that debut. Viney and May did what you'd hope and expect they do.

Agree with all of this except Billings.

He had a shocker after coming on but I want to see at least a couple of full games from him first.

He had a shocker after coming on but I want to see at least a couple of full games from him first.
Yeah, can't expect him to save the ship when it's already sinking

Fair enough. I've been expecting him to be at that same level as Chandler and Spargo where they will have games against weaker opposition where they do nice things but don't move the dial in a high pressure game. Not writing him off yet but that's the level of my expectation.

Not saying they necessarily take him but Billings is the type of guy you add to a Collingwood, Brisbane or GWS and he looks great because their system works. Drop him into our team and he will look s**t because it's broken
I don’t think he’d get a game ahead of Toby …… Bedford

SO, what have our forwards been practising over the break?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How to stand still and wave their hands.

They're quite good at it now.
That was the most notable thing for me.

We were definitely trying to go inside 50 lower and faster, and to a more central option, but Stafford should answer some questions on why we were so stagnant in front of the footy.

Melksham will help here as he is quite good at sacrificial movement, but yeh I was really disappointed to see us so stagnant which allowed Sydneys defence to be waiting in position.

Oliver playing too
I think Oliver directly replaced Salem once he went back. Seemed Trac and Oliver were swapping on ball and F50 before the Bowey injury.

Howes solid debut unfortunately will get lost in the fallout. Thought he was very good. Windsor did some nice things too. Can see him at least trying to run and carry and hit a tough kick. Billings as sub was another crazy Goody move. Spargo with limited prep should have been sub. Shouldn't have played at all tbh

That mix really is same same same.

I know they wanted Kozzy in there to mix it up but I’m hopeful Windsor might even be able to attend some centre square action eventually, for some balance.

I wonder if Langdon or Hunter could get a few goes as well?
Langdon can GTFO.

Laughing thinking about Trac fumbling 3 times in 5 seconds under relatively no pressure on the wing. :gigglev1: FootyGuy13 should have used that gif as the banner for the votes thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back