Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Herald Sun:

"All-Australian defender Nick Malceski is being chased hard by three rivals — Gold Coast, West Coast and a Melbourne-based club.
The Swans have offered Malceski a pay rise, but it may not be enough to satisfy the half-back and his young family. Malceski’s wife Laura is also from Perth."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-2015-afl-season/story-fni5fan7-1227076945368

I'd be pretty happy if we picked him up. He's not exactly the kind of player we're crying out for but he would definitely add some class. What would we have to give up to get him?
A few Shick 20 razors, Masten's mirror and quite a bit of Wellingham's stylists time.

I said it a while ago and in a different thread and with what tidbits Bond007 has given us, it makes me think it's right. (club source only)
I keep hearing through my only really legitimate inside contact/source that we're a genuine chance to get Coniglio.

Then again, I love the black ducks and the Eagles so this could be a ruse to get me worked up.
(I don't think so though)

I said it a while ago and in a different thread and with what tidbits Bond007 has given us, it makes me think it's right. (club source only)
I keep hearing through my only really legitimate inside contact/source that we're a genuine chance to get Coniglio.

Then again, I love the black ducks and the Eagles so this could be a ruse to get me worked up.
What would be a 'fair' trade for his club to release him?

We'd be selling the farm, no doubt, just to what extent? Darling & Gaff? 10 & Gaff?

Not sure I'd be comfortable in Darling & Gaff. Not wanting to let go of 10 in case Pickett was available either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd be selling the farm, no doubt, just to what extent? Darling & Gaff? 10 & Gaff?

Not sure I'd be comfortable in Darling & Gaff. Not wanting to let go of 10 in case Pickett was available either.
Don't think it'd be that much.

Pickett v Coniglio
Coniglio all the way for me.

The most I'd pay would be 10 and Schofield for Coniglio. I don't think we can afford to trade out any midfielders when we are trying to build some depth in that area. We do have a lot of quality talls though and I feel letting go of Schofield would hurt the least.

I would not trade darling, gaff maybe but not JD, I know he hasn't had a great year or so but he's still so young and has so much more to give over the next 10 years. He would be one of about 10 I would never trade.

Even if we got a really awesome mid in return?

The most I'd pay would be 10 and Schofield for Coniglio. I don't think we can afford to trade out any midfielders when we are trying to build some depth in that area. We do have a lot of quality talls though and feel letting go of Schofield would hurt the least.

Don't like

Even if we got a really awesome mid in return?

Still wouldn't. I know that's what we really need, but imagine darling leaving and playing 250 games for another team and dominating, mids come and go but players like darling are pretty special. Just my opinion though, and I hope the coaches feel the same!!!

dafuq? No way we trade Darling and Gaff for Coniglio. s**t I wouldn't trade Darling for Coniglio.

As someone else said 10 and a fringe(ish) player like Schofield would be max I'm hoping.

Iv said this a few times now. Coniglio is a very big chance of joining WC. The only question is when, this trade period or next.

Gaff has more currency than Coniglio currently.

I think Coniglio is potentially a good midfielder. But it's not as though he's an O'Meara or Bennell. People tend to get into the habit of grouping all these players together and assuming they're all the same level of talent.

10 + Sinclair would be my offer. But then I would definitely then chase 2 rucks.

He is contracted though so I wouldn't expect GWS to accept that per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back