Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Weller is one good looking man.
Lets draft him.

From what I've seen his kicking/handball skills are top notch - it took a while for me to really notice, but he has a really good low-dart pass and his handballs seem to find the target quickly and accurately (not that slow ineffectual handpass that gets intercepted).

I'd still be very happy with Cockatoo, but Weller has really grown on me - as others have said he's probably underrated due to being a little smaller. But he looks like what we need apart from that: Quick (2.90 -3.00 second 20m sprint), agile, skillful, and a hard worker with drive to succeed. I hope we don't sacrifice skills/speed to get a bigger bodied player.

The problem with this draft is that you can really make a pretty strong case for all of top 10-20 range midfielders to fill our needs. In fact there are only one or two who I wouldn't be overly happy with. So, whoever we pick we will probably feel some regret in a few years E.G not taking the chance on Cockatoo 'since he was so obviously a gun' or how could we pass on Weller's silky skills, or De Goey's bigger body and potential in the midfield etc.

Assuming Pickett and Laverde are gone, I'm leaning towards: Weller > Cockatoo > Duggan > De Goey/Ahern

anybody know what time it starts? ive heard both 4:30pm and 3:30pm wa time.which 1 is it?

Lucky geelong didn't take that bloke with the dodgy knee then. That bloke 6 other teams wish they did.

And for every success story like Selwood how many kids who have knee reco's or foot fractures operated on the year before being drafted haven't made it?

Yes surgery is much better these days but a serious leg / foot injury is still a big risk on an unproven player.

Or you don't think so I take it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-24/the-final-draft-order

Not sure if happy or sad that pick #69 is now pick #66...

What happened to our next pick being used to upgrade Sinclair?

Edit: I assume the link is wrong in that the pick 76 is Sinclair and 66 is Waterman.

Edit2: on 2nd thoughts we had 2 retirements and cut 4, so we should have 6 picks unless I have missed something...

(Ahhh - the line says :
"Rookie list promotions are included amongst the compulsory minimum of three selections that each club must have at the draft, but the names of these players will not formally be read out at the draft")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back