Prediction Delisted Free Agents - where do they end up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Where do the likes of Liam Stocker, Quinton Narkle and Sydney Stack end up? Some real talent delisted this year even if these players have struggled in different ways at times. I believe Conor McKenna and AMT are able to sign with a club as well DFA style?

When did Stack get delisted?

And why?

Was delisted for similar reasons why all clubs didn't draft him in the first place.

Would be staggered if another club picks him up. All the talent in the world isn't going to help you at AFL level if you have very bad work ethic/attitude and poor off field behaviour.

I reckon McKenna ends up at Geelong. Potentially as Tuohy’s replacement. Not sure how many spots Geelong has available?
4 main list spots (2 of those to upgrade Close and Atkins.

3 rookie list spots

2 cat B spots

I believe McKenna can be added to the rookie list.

I reckon McKenna ends up at Geelong. Potentially as Tuohy’s replacement. Not sure how many spots Geelong has available?

We have limited main list spots (only picks 7 and 58) but we have 3 cat A rookie spots so he would come via the SSP (as a cat a rookie) if he came here.

Liam stoker should get somewhere, has a lot of talent. Narkle I am not sure on.

Wouldnt surprise me if the eagles look at narkle although i doubt he makes it long term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenna/AMT are kind of different situations. If they go anywhere it's through the SSP.

I think someone takes a punt on Stocker at least. Poulter too, if he gets delisted.

Was also some talk of Jed Anderson -> Gold Coast as a DFA.

Was delisted for similar reasons why all clubs didn't draft him in the first place.

Would be staggered if another club picks him up. All the talent in the world isn't going to help you at AFL level if you have very bad work ethic/attitude and poor off field behaviour.

Watch Geelong grab him.

Watch Geelong grab him.

Nah.

If he's too far gone for a club like Richmond who've been happy to take on those 'rough around the edges' types over the years, then he's probably too much trouble for us as well - especially given how susceptible Stengle has shown himself to be to bad influence in the past.

Club wouldn't risk it, IMO.

Just a random guess, but if everyone talented could end up somewhere - this is where I have them:

Eagles - Narkle
Carlton - Stack
Hawks - Stocker
Essendon - RCD
Adelaide - Poulter
North - Frederick
Freo - AMT
Geelong - McKenna

Last edited:
Wonder what sort of contract McKenna is going to command? I assume a decent part of the motivation of coming back is money.

No matter what he earns, it'll be more than back in Ireland - so I doubt he cares. Get around 300K with us on a rookie spot, I'd say.

Have heard he prefers Vic but doesn't want the bubble of Melbourne, so that's obviously why everyone is going early on us - plus the motivation of playing with O'Connor and Tuohy as fellow Irishmen

Just a random guess, but if everyone could end up somewhere - this is where I have them:

Eagles - Narkle
Carlton - Stack
Hawks - Stocker
Essendon - RCD
Adelaide - Frederick
Freo - AMT
Geelong - McKenna

Can't see Stack getting picked up until the MCD at least. Would need to show he's learning off field for clubs to touch him. Carlton wouldn't do it.

Can't see Stack getting picked up until the MCD at least. Would need to show he's learning off field for clubs to touch him. Carlton wouldn't do it.

Bit of scuttlebutt on Twitter about it, and would be a good nuggety hardnut defender for them - but I agree he's probably the least likely of any of the aforementioned to go anywhere - given all his off field issues

Bit of scuttlebutt on Twitter about it, and would be a good nuggety hardnut defender for them - but I agree he's probably the least likely of any of the aforementioned to go anywhere - given all his off field issues

Think whoever wants him might do what we did with McCartin, let him play in the reserves for a period, either picked in the MCD or next year's draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back