Prediction Delisted Free Agents - where do they end up?

Remove this Banner Ad

I must have missed some news. Seems like Tuohy retired and Jed Anderson delisted by some of comments in this thread.

I’d take Jed Anderson very good player and I think a WA side should give Narkle another go.

Jed Anderson officially cut. Will be some clubs interested. Suns were interested in the trade period, wonder if we follow up?

Jed Anderson's first five Afl seasons were riddled with injury. Since then he's been one of North's best player's. Shocked really that he's been delisted, especially as, in his 14 games in 2022, he was 'above average' in most skill sets.
At 29y.o, he's probably got at least 3 season's left in him.
His sister J'Noemi was put on the Saints AFLW list this season, so I'd happily see him accompany her, down there at Moorabbin.

Jed Anderson's first five Afl seasons were riddled with injury. Since then he's been one of North's best player's. Shocked really that he's been delisted, especially as, in his 14 games in 2022, he was 'above average' in most skill sets.
His sister J'Noemi was put on the Saints AFLW list this season, so I'd happily see him accompany her, down there at Moorabbin.
Above average in what regards? He tackles well and that is it. Has poor endurance with low TOG, doesn't use the ball well, doesn't find much of the ball and doesn't kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Above average in what regards? He tackles well and that is it. Has poor endurance with low TOG, doesn't use the ball well, doesn't find much of the ball and doesn't kick goals.
They don't mention disposal efficiency in the stats, a lot of midfielders have lower eff. coz of the pressure in there, but yeah the great ones generally do better at it.. His 'above average' disposals, were even, in kick-handball ratio & his centre clearance, marking & tackling were also 'above average' as was his fantasy points, being at 83.4%
One thing they didn't mention for him was his ave. metres gained, so looks like your'e on the money there.

Last edited:
Based on all the media a couple or so month back Rowe to the dogs. Plus, they were really keen on him in the 2020. draft.

There are some decent DFAs available this year. Reckon there’ll be a fair few picked up especially given the supposed lack of depth in this year’s draft.

Can delisted players be taken as a SSP pick? I seem to recall delisted players need to be out of the game for a certain amount of time before they are eligible. Or maybe that was for the MSD? Either way that's the only way any club should entertain picking up Stack. Make him earn it, didn't rock up to a single preseason in shape.

Can delisted players be taken as a SSP pick? I seem to recall delisted players need to be out of the game for a certain amount of time before they are eligible. Or maybe that was for the MSD? Either way that's the only way any club should entertain picking up Stack. Make him earn it, didn't rock up to a single preseason in shape.
Yes

Why would the Saints continue to go down mediocrity road ? Have you guys not learnt anything from your continued recruitment of journeymen seeking to top up their Superannuation funds in recent seasons .! It’s a lazy way to replenish your playing list , go down the youth/draft route , lay the foundations first , there is no quick fix. Aka Membrey , Hill , Hannebery , Ryder , Kent , Zak Jones ,Crouch ,Butler ,Mason Wood , , monstrosity City. Go down the Jack Hayes Hwy path .

Caleb Poulter and Jack Madgen were also delisted.

Essendon cut Cody Brand, Brayden Ham and Alec Waterman

Why would the Saints continue to go down mediocrity road ? Have you guys not learnt anything from your continued recruitment of journeymen seeking to top up their Superannuation funds in recent seasons .! It’s a lazy way to replenish your playing list , go down the youth/draft route , lay the foundations first , there is no quick fix. Aka Membrey , Hill , Hannebery , Ryder , Kent , Zak Jones ,Crouch ,Butler ,Mason Wood , , monstrosity City. Go down the Jack Hayes Hwy path .
Yeah. I agree.
Enough with the mediocrity.
Grabbing any of these DFAs as an injury cover SSP I don’t have a problem with though (ala Leinert covering Coffields absence) but that is a need by need basis

Surely port will pick up Walker after losing out on Ratugolea. All he has to do is play lock down and let Aliir & Clurey do their thing.

Brand will most likely end up as a rookie for a team. Maybe norf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back